Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell county job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who's next
I'm assuming Bobby Bowling will throw his name in the hat again. Maybe Robert Marcum since he just recently left Clay County?
This could potentially be a very good place for a young coach. Incredible enrollment and an abundance of athletes paired with playing in one of the weakest districts in the state of Kentucky could be a recipe for a great job. Unfortunately it just hasn't panned out that way in the past. There just always seems to be some kinda issue with something that always holds them back from competing with the top 5-6 programs in the region. A good coach that specializes in discipline would do a world of good there and have immediate success imo.
They've definitely got the enrollment going for them, 3rd biggest high school in the region with 720 students. Estill is 4th in enrollment at around 700. Perry and Letcher are 1 and 2 in regional enrollment size.
I didn't know they had that many kids .
Marcum be a great hire
kryptonite Wrote:This could potentially be a very good place for a young coach. Incredible enrollment and an abundance of athletes paired with playing in one of the weakest districts in the state of Kentucky could be a recipe for a great job. Unfortunately it just hasn't panned out that way in the past. There just always seems to be some kinda issue with something that always holds them back from competing with the top 5-6 programs in the region. A good coach that specializes in discipline would do a world of good there and have immediate success imo.

They also host the regional tournament once every four years.
Some young talent at Powell with little playing experience for some of the kids on the team could be a big opportunity for some of them, starting fresh could be just what some of them need
Any names being talked about for this job?
I've heard
Dustin High (John High's son)
Bobby Bowling
and a assitant from Mercer Co. Not sure which assistant.
Any news?
Bobby Bowling is at Knox Central now so he's out.

Bryce Gomes is the Mercer County assistant, I think.