Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryan Whitaker to Pike Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
During Coach May 2 year tenure he won 1 more then Mr Whitaker how is that improvement? Over the same 2 years. I t would make since if u were hiring a world beating up and comer. makes no since!
Another new system
Thompson
Martin
Carwille
May
now Whitaker since 2008
New coach every 2 years
Looks like play my kid keep your job!
Rowe was there for 15 years
now 4 in 8 in years!
Mr Whitaker 28-33 in 2 years at Powell and also lost to PC!
I thought May was a good coach
Me think good hire. Pikeville hiring committee wanted him.
Very good hire IMO. Ryan will work hard and do a good job.
Why is this a good hire , May worked got sent home
Good ,young , energetic coach, that works hard. This makes it a good hire. The question is what makes this fan base think it is not ? Every place in Eastern Ky thinks they should get the most proven coach in the state. Hard work pays off, you will get hard work. Eastern Kentucky is so political if Joe Bob don't get the job it is a bad hire. Who didn't get the job that makes you mad? If parents and school boards would leave half these coaches alone it would be a much better place. The problem is the fan base, not the coaches.
May's recruit's didn't pan out!
I didn't get to see much of PCC last two years but thought May did a pretty good job.
Seen Coach Whitaker's Powell County team play several times. He will do just fine at Pike Central.
A good young coach with a passion for the game. best of luck to him!
Pc 12-19 this year teams they played 430-347 which included 3 sweet 16 teams and Louisville Ballard.
Powell Co. 14-16 teams they played 331-313 with 1 sweet 16 team

PC also holds a win against Powell Co at Powell Co

How was this a good hire?
He was not going to be hired at Pikeville, their hire was in a two year preconceived working.....
I think he will do a great job!
nature boy Wrote:Pc 12-19 this year teams they played 430-347 which included 3 sweet 16 teams and Louisville Ballard.
Powell Co. 14-16 teams they played 331-313 with 1 sweet 16 team

PC also holds a win against Powell Co at Powell Co

How was this a good hire?

Pike Centrals last years record is not relevant. Pike Central had an opening, no coach. You didn't trade coaches, so no need to compare. I posted why it is a good hire. Read above.
First off Coach May worked his a.. off that did not matter, hard work does not pay off if it did May would still be there, Parents and politics is why he got fired, pretty sure they are already looking for Whitaker replacement in 2 years.
nature boy Wrote:First off Coach May worked his a.. off that did not matter, hard work does not pay off if it did May would still be there, Parents and politics is why he got fired, pretty sure they are already looking for Whitaker replacement in 2 years.

Me hear Pike school board mafia tag May as next principal.

Old Indian Proverb: Not every sweet root gives birth to sweet grass.