Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ted Cruz Suspends Campaign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IF Donald Trump focuses on immigration, reworking sorry trade deals, building up a middle and working class in decline, and not having U.S. foot the bill for global security, he can pick up a lot of Reagan Democrats and independents.
Did anyone see this coming?
Spud6 Wrote:Did anyone see this coming?

LOL, not likely.
I went out right before this was announced so I'm just now seeing it.
Admirable move by cruz. I expected him to stay in no matter the outcome of each but finally we now know Trump will be the nominee as we thought months ago.

Hopefully Bernie keeps giving hillary hell while Trump unleashes on her.
Even after becoming the presumptive GOP nominee, Trump is still losing delegates to Cruz. You might remember that the Trump team sent delegate info to supporters in Washington, DC, instead of Washington state. After realizing the mistake, Trump's crack staff contacted supporters in Washington state to ask them to sign up candidates for delegates - two days after the filing deadline.

Quote:Cruz supporters dominate delegates at Washington GOP convention

SEATTLE -- Texas Senator Ted Cruz may no longer be in the presidential race, but his supporters cleaned up at the Washington State Convention in Pasco Saturday.

Cruz’s State Chair, Saul Gamoran, tells KING 5 Cruz supporters won 40 out of the 41 individual national delegate spots. Three state party leaders will also attend the Republican National Convention, for a total of 44 delegates headed to Cleveland in July.

Washington’s delegates will be bound by the results of Tuesday's presidential primary. But they would have been free to vote for the candidate of their choice upon a second ballot during a contested convention.

As a result, Cruz supporters launched an intensive behind the scenes delegate battle across the state to select as many pro-Cruz delegates as possible at county and legislative district conventions.
^^ And the fact that he is the last man standing, that means nothing I guess? According to an article in 'The Hill,' http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pres...nomination

Trump will finish with something north of 1400 delegates.
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ And the fact that he is the last man standing, that means nothing I guess? According to an article in 'The Hill,' http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pres...nomination

Trump will finish with something north of 1400 delegates.
There you go mischaracterizing my posts again. Why don't you worry about writing your own posts and let my words stand on their own? Liberals call what you do "spinning," which is just a euphemism for dishonesty.

When one has almost universal name recognition and is the recipient of $2 billion in free media coverage, one can still run an incompetent campaign and do well.

My post had nothing to do with delegate count. You could not refute my argument that Trump's staff's incompetence is still costing him delegates, so instead of addressing my point, you just threw out a red herring. Sad.