Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Super Tuesday 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Monster night for Trump once again. According to Pennsylvania State Senator Mario Scavello, 60 thousand Democrats switched party so they could vote for Donald Trump. Again according to Scavello, Independents broke for Trump as well, and as of the time of this post Trump had over 72% of the vote in Pennsylvania. In fact, Trump's only below 60% performance for the night is in Connecticut were he has 58.7%.

Senator Scavello opined that Trump will get the majority of the unbound delegates in Pennsylvania, meaning he will likely get around 125 total new delegates and possibly more.
Total domination tonight!!!
Its over boys.
I thought getting to 1237 was going to be impossible but a good showing in California could put him over the top.

We will just have to see where the delegate numbers fall tonight.
They've been acting like Penn. wasn't going to be that big of a win for Trump. It was a wash.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Total domination tonight!!!

So dominant in fact that FOX Business has spent a lot of the night talking about the delegate count rather than the vote count for today's five state slate. Which means attention has now switched from the fight for the nomination among the candidates, to looking forward to the general election.

None of tonight's guests I heard, other than a Cruz campaign staffer, would even suggest that the campaign for the nomination is not all but over. Newt Gingrich, Scott Brown, even Charlie Gasparino had to admit Trump emerged from the crowd as the presumptive nominee this night.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its over boys.
I thought getting to 1237 was going to be impossible but a good showing in California could put him over the top.

We will just have to see where the delegate numbers fall tonight.
They've been acting like Penn. wasn't going to be that big of a win for Trump. It was a wash.

I wish you could have heard Mario Scavello's comments tonight. If he is right in his analysis, there is nowhere near the opposition to Trump in Pennsylvania that we were led to believe.
Disinformation and propaganda has been a larger part of this election than ever before. And it wasn't from just one candidate, either.

It just makes it more difficult to make an informed choice. News outlets that I used to rely on a little heavier than some of the others, even participated. That's okay. Being newly retired, I have time to search!
Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:Disinformation and propaganda has been a larger part of this election than ever before. And it wasn't from just one candidate, either.

It just makes it more difficult to make an informed choice. News outlets that I used to rely on a little heavier than some of the others, even participated. That's okay. Being newly retired, I have time to search!
Smile

This election has once again exposed our media outlets - conservative and liberal - as a complete fraud. Well known conservative outlets such as Fox or Breitbart highly disappointed. Several conservative political experts (on all sides of this debate amongst conservatives) should know better than to act the way they did, often relying on emotion rather than rational thought and lowering themselves to the name calling that they also criticize liberals for.

If there is one accurate media source, and even this can be a bit of a stretch, I think C-SPAN is the best place to watch. It's live, unedited, and you can actually get a good grasp of what the politicians believe. It would be surprising to many at how much they actually agree on. The other area I would recommend when it comes to breaking down a candidate is their voting record. It's quite often that we have seen moderates (e.g. John McCain) that lean to the right when the primaries roll around. The mainstream media prefers to analyze the Jerry Springer moments of elections instead of providing accurate information and letting the candidates be the ones to make or break themselves. Thus, it's better to look to other areas to develop an understanding of candidates.
So let's just cut to the chase then and ask whether or not trump can beat killary?

In other news how about that 60 minutes segment about the House spending substantial time telemarketing their districts to raise $$$ for their parties. Upwards of 30 hrs a week !!!

Good Lord who knew "politics" was driven by $?
Granny Bear Wrote:Disinformation and propaganda has been a larger part of this election than ever before. And it wasn't from just one candidate, either.

Smile

You nailed it and I got to say the mischaracterizations you mention coming from the candidates abound. I heard Cruz pnly yesterday, and BTW all the man talks about is Donald Trump, but with voice dripping with preachy drama, he said that Trump has vowed to punish any business that moves or threatens to move it's operation offshore. Of course, Trump has said nothing of the kind, rather he has suggested a number of incentives to motivate these businesses to stay home.

Trump's argument states that since the inception of NAFTA, we have seen the exodus of manufacturing and other industrial concerns to Mexico and the far East. TPP will only exacerbate the problem which if I had to condense, is we have become a service based nation as opposed to an industrial based nation. The jobs aren't there, they've been funneling out at a mind numbing rate going back to the Clinton era. His plan is not to punish business, it is to revitalize it by allowing them to once again make money inside the US. I believe the data support Trump's view on free trade.

And that is only one example. Wanting the Presidency in order to serve the people is one thing. Whether wanting it because as in Hillary's case, self delusion's psychotic whisperings tell her she deserves it, or in Cruz's case that he is only one alive who can do the job owing largely to confidence; The distortions about Trump are none the less beneath a man or woman, who truly deserves all the adjulation of the office.
Trump won every county in all five states last night. In Pennsylvania it seems he has won 40 of the 54 unbound delegates meaning he has picked up about 150 new delegates. He's leaning on 1,000 as we speak and he looks poised to pick up more in Indiana.
TRT, it is over. Cruz may pick his cabinet after a loss in Indiana.