Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Freud's Answer To Why Men Are Homosexuals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a breif summary of what Psychologist Sigmund Freud said about why men are gay. I know it's crazy but think about it.

Why Men Are Homosexuals - Usually because they have not had a father figure to compete with. Freud believes that at some point every child falls in love with his mother and therefore starts to subconsciously dislike his father. Without a father or a father who acts like a father, the boy never subconsciously starts disliking men, and therefore finds them attractive sexually.
thats just nasty to think about
Well I'm sorry... :roll:
You should be haha j/k
Anyways though, this is a very interesting perspective on the issue.
I would have to say that I somewhat agree with Freud and I have witnessed this firsthand ...and this has been studied I think. When males grow up without a father they tend to be more feminine and have more female like qualities. They do not have a male to identify with. They only have the female (the mother).

Back to Frued, the child has to compete with his father for his Mothers love and if there is no father there then there is no one to set an example. The child then starts identifiying with the feminine role and starts to like what a woman should like...
yes yes i realy do agree with Freud i learned this when i was a Freshman in high school. We got into some very throul(spelling) discussions about this. I agree with u BGG ive also saw this 1st hand.
I'd like to read the full study on this by Freud. I think it could be rather interesting. He does make a good point, but this is only one situaution of many.
psy 101 would be your easiest way to learn all about it or just google Freud and you will find a bunch of stuff on him. You could also read a bunch of books on this subject. Freud basically says every problem in your life stems from childhood and ultimately has something to do with sex.
i think it would be intersting aswell CTD
i cant wait to study stuff like this in college
Freud has a good point. It takes out the posibilty that they "were born that way"
ummmmmmmmmmm yeah this is true
if this just explains why men are homo. then why are women lesbian?
Does this mean, a women idols her dad and then finds a women sexually attractive?

Not trying to be cute or be a jackass about it btw.

Good Day
i was thinkin the same thing face2face
I disagree with Freud. I have a family member who is gay..and that person had a very masculine father figure and he still turned out gay.

I think homosexuals are born homosexual.
It's a chromosome problem.
No. it's not a chromosome problem, it could be an inbalaced hormone problem. But I still think it's a choice.
Have you ever grown up with someone who later turns out to be a homosexual?

As early as 5 years old the child will show signs of homosexuality. If you think it's impossible..observe a kindergarden class, do you see any boys playing house with the girls? I mean..it may sound silly to say that you can see a sign of homosexuality in small children..but you can. And as they grow and develope, their homosexual tendencies (walking, talking, dressing, thinking..etc.) will also grow and the awareness of the child might not be there yet..but an observer of the child's behavior will be aware.

*shrugs* That's just my beliefs on homosexuality in men.
Yeah, but that makes no sense, boys don't start hanging out with girls until Jr. High because in kindergarten they are afraid of their cooties.
I completely disagree with you.

Have you ever grown up with someone who later turned out to be a homosexual, GF?
sportschick15 Wrote:I disagree with Freud. I have a family member who is ..and that person had a very masculine father figure and he still turned out .

I think homosexuals are born homosexual.
It's a chromosome problem.

I also think that MOST homosexuals are born homosexuals, because my dad teaches kids with mental retardation and diseases such as down syndrome, autism, cerebral pausy(sp) and others, and he has taught kids that have been homosexual since birth and really never had any other preference....I don't think a kid with down syndrome made this choice, but rather it was given to them, much like other people...
::nods to Alfus::

Exactly.
i agree with freud. i know a guy who grew up being raised by his elderly grandmother. he started liking the shows she liked, baking like her, doing flower arrangements for people and everything. now he is going to school to be an interior designer.... boys growing up without a father figure def. do act like the people they are raised by and with the females raising them, they are like them. this would be the same case sometimes if a father raises his daughter. she would probably like sports, fixing cars, outdoors, etc. and that may later turn her into a lesbian and have a manly personality.