Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
53rd
1. Knott County Central
2. Letcher County Central
3. June Buchanan
4. Jenkins
5. Cordia

54th
1. Hazard
2. Perry County Centeal
3. Leslie County
4. Buckhorn

55th
1. Breathitt County
2. Wolfe County
3. Jackson City
4. Riverside

56th
1. Estill County
2. Lee County
3. Owsley County
4. Powell County
56 is a toss up
55 very one sided! Bobcats!!
53 KCC is right on
54 It's a toss up between hazard an Pcc , but Pcc has added the profitt girl,plus could be getting a big girl, if the big comes then I'd say Pcc, but I would live to see my Bulldogs win it!!
14th
1. Knott County Central
2. Hazard
3. Perry County Central
4. Leslie County
5. Letcher County Central
6. Breathitt County
7. Estill County
8. Lee County
9. Wolfe County
10. Owsley County
I probably should just read these post and be quiet, but I can't. The 56th will be competitive and a fun season next year. However I'll say that the group Powell County has that will be juniors have been very successful throughout their high school years. They won the freshman district tournament 2 years ago, they have only lost a total of 6 games in high school. So, keep them at #4 in district. They can use the it as fuel for the off season.
Hopefully ur right !! I'am a big fan of ur coach he is from hazard an I've known him for years!!
The 56th should be the best district this season in girls action than the other districts in the 14th region. The 53rd is lopsided with KCC, 55th is also lopsided with Breathitt. The 54th, Leslie, Hazard or PCC can win it.
You think LCC is going to be down?
They had a very tough season last year! But they have a lot of girls that will be back next season ! They have as good as a coach as u can have ,so they will be ready!!! There best player struggled with a knee injury all season an still was there best player, so with her healthy an the coaching of dickey they will be very competitive!!
LCC will always play great D. Do not sleep on this bunch!
You have got that right !
If Sturgill and Thornsberry both end up eligible Bulldogs should be an obvious favorite. Leslie and PCC can battle for second. No disrespect to my friends in Eagle country, but I can't see them replacing the three they lost.
I'am hopeful that we can go to state,but that bunch down the road will be a tough out no matter who plays on there team, so let's work hard all summer an do no boasting an leave it on the court, let our play not our players do the talking for us!! Go Bulldogs!!!
Coach Hall is sure loading up Estills schedule. Added Lex Cath, Garrard and Letcher. Has a few more new teams on it and still trying to find a couple more teams
I saw Hazard this summer and they are far from an "obvious" favorite. I agree they will be in the mix, but I think Knott, Perry, Leslie, Breathitt and Letcher will also be very competitive.
I haven't watched any games but the people I've talked to say that hazard is like u said an unfinished project, Leslie has lost a lot last season so it will take time but they will find. I heard pcc went 6 an An 0 at transy camp, does anyone know anything about them?? An knott should be good again but , they seem to always come up short in March, will that be the case this year?
14th will be a toss up again. Probably weakest region in the state again this year. Leslie, Knott, Hazard and Perry should be competitive .. Everyone including me wrote PCC off last year but they came into Lealie and won the rdistrict.. Look for Owsley to be in the mix too.
[Image: 189y16.jpg] Double Wowza! Jada and the LadyPats be sitting at the top baby! Shaba! #mortysberockin More mash taters please!!!
She's going to have a good view from up there, when she gets to watch Cougars or maybe PCC win the 14th Region and go to State.
No disrespect , but I'am no KCC fan , but what's ur reasoning on the Lcc or pcc prediction on winning the 14, pcc lost 7 seniors an Lcc was not very good, they lost like 18 games last season! I know they have great coaching staffs but what about there players ?
Ah just a little Cougar pride bleeding through. I know we will be in the middle of the pack, not likely to win it , but not impossible. Look at Leslie last year. PCC with the Profitt girl could be the best team in the region, if she stays there.
I really think the girl that was hurt last season an tried to play for Lcc is really good player. Pcc I don't know much about them is profitt that good ? Does she have any help at all? Hazard is supposed to be the team as well as KCC do u know anything about them?
Heard Caudill guy was out at Hazard.. So will his girl leave? Where does that leave the Sturgill girl? I know LCC was big last year, just had hard time scoring. PG from Perry will help Proffitt score the ball.. Not sure about their up and coming group.
Profittt and Gibson from Owsley are in my opinion two of the top five in the region.
where do u get your information passtheball. caudill is still at hazard and doing a good job. hazard will be right in the mix next year with an all state honorable mention 8th grade point guard in caudill and the additions of sturgill and thornsberry plus the other players they have. they are building a good program
I was wondering if there was any truth to profit not being happy at perry and going to leave. I think its going to be hard for her to get eligible anyway because I think jbs will have a girls basketball team and that was the best shot she had at getting eligible without moving
Good question I haven't heard if Proffitt is eligible either. Also heard girl from red bird came to Leslie.
14th region has more transfers than any region in the state. Are they being recruited, leaving for individual success or just moving for other reasons?
Caudill is still in grade school?
Passtheball Wrote:14th will be a toss up again. Probably weakest region in the state again this year. Leslie, Knott, Hazard and Perry should be competitive .. Everyone including me wrote PCC off last year but they came into Lealie and won the rdistrict.. Look for Owsley to be in the mix too.

the District don't mean shit. a team just have to make it to the district championship game, to move on to region. and region only mean you have a shot to play for the state title.

PCC won there district, but lose in the first round of the region. Leslie Co. lose the district but won the region. how many teams in the state have lose there district but won there regions. there have been a lot over the years.
IS IT TRUE? Just heard today from an old Bulldog that we have lost Thorn and Higg back to KCC. I guess fatpat was right all along. To guarantee a kid a starting position on the number one team in the region, well you cant blame her. It may not be as bad for us as some may think. We still have five to eight girls that can play together, be successful and be good team players. Focus on our own.
Pages: 1 2