Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1A Harlan coming off a 9-3 record in 2015. Could this be the year to make some noise in 1A. :popcorn:
Harlan city lost Paul Stapleton to the county that will hurt the city this year.
Heard they lost Stapleton but getting Coker from Cumberland and Boggs kid from Evarts
Sources close to me saying Coker kid is playing spring ball or is about to start at HC. Both Troy Barton and Paul Stapleton have left Harlan Ind. and enrolled in HC, unsure if they are playing in spring practice. Boggs kid is lifting with HC, I here. Who knows what is really true. anyone know anything for fact?
Also Swanner from HC enrolled today based on what I was told. Don't know much about him but am hearing he can help
Coker was really good in middle school hasn't played in a couple of years but really good potential once the rust wears off. Boggs was the 2nd or 3rd best running back in the county this year in middle school and I think swanner saw some playing time for harlan county. All three young men could help harlan city.
Harlan should have its best team in a while with a senior line and a senior quarterback, plus a couple of other very good skilled kids.
I don't look for Coker or Boggs to be there though. I was told Swanner was planning on just basketball, but he is better at football, I think.
Not true HCS Swanner has been watching spring ball and Coker will be there. Boggs is 50/50. And to say Boggs was 3rd best back is funny.
That does make sense that Swanner wouldn't give up football, so I thought it sounded odd.
As for Coker, I talked to him today. He's in spring ball with Harlan County and wanted me to say he didn't have any rust Smile
Just cause he is in spring ball doesn't mean he will stay. Hey HCS this should be a really good yr for bears this year shouldn't it? I think Bears will make some noise in the region. Gotta great junior class
Maybe I need to start a thread for that
Yeah, it is a good junior class and some good senior linemen. They should be better if their defense keeps improving.

I guess anything is possible, but I don't know why he would go through the trouble of practicing with Harlan County when he could have left already. He seemed pretty happy to be back.
I said Boggs was the 2nd or 3rd back , probably the 2nd behind Matt brown so I didn't say anything that was putting down Boggs . he was a good middle school running back but he can't do the things that Matt brown can. he is the best middle school back in the county hands down not close.
What's the chances of the Stapleton kid not being eligible? As he went from Harlan County to Harlan and now back to Harlan County?
How many Hazard/Perry kids have been ruled ineligible in the last few years?
^
Confusednicker:

I hate all the transferring. As bad as it is between Harlan County and Harlan City, they can't hold a candle to the 14th in basketball.
Eric back had to sit out a few years back at Hazard.
Harlan has picked up some good ones . The Stapleton kid leaving didn't hurt to bad . It just put a whole lot of pressure on the Brock kid. Hope he can hold up good just one injury will hurt them .
Dragons should be real good next year. Donahue does well when he has a bunch of seniors to run the system
Could be Donahue"s last go around?
Did the Brock kid which played RB transfer also? Noticed he ain't at practice with the football boys?
^ if he is that will hurt Harlan tremendously...
Hopefully the Dragons will be ready to take over district!
Brock was probably with the basketball team. He played basketball on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The district should be very competitive again with Pineville bringing back a senior-dominated team and Williamsburg featuring some good young talent. Lynn Camp may also have some help and should be better.
How's things in haran?
I did Harlans non district schedule and they were 14-60...
bac2369 Wrote:I did Harlans non district schedule and they were 14-60...

That is total of 7 games...
Harlan toughest opponent last year was Thomas walker VA...
Middlesboro will be the toughest opponent in 2016 for Harlan...anyone disagree?
I saw about half their games last year and I'd say Bracken County was their toughest non-district opponent. If I heard right, they have a lot back, so they should be their toughest non-district opponent in 2016.

I made some mad last year when I pointed out the schedule was weak, but I have to admit it turned out to be a good move. The Dragons won the district tie-breaker due to their wins over non-district opponents.
Pages: 1 2