Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paduch Tlghman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any news on a football coach?
I haven't heard a word.
The original closing date for applications was April 11th per their school website, and they have since posted the job on the KHSAA website & says it was submitted for posting on the 11th. As a matter of fact, they even took the posting down off their district website.

I'm no rocket scientist, but that tells me no big hitters applied for it thus far. Or at least nobody that they are outright sold on.
All I have heard is it's a former PT player who also played at the next level but not anyone who has coached there before. That is supposedly the 1st choice. A former assistant may also be interested but that would be s second choice.
kind of sounds like a 21 gun salute to a once proud football program
Still no word?
PT is always is loaded with speed. Why has this not translated to wins on Friday nights?
The past couple years they haven't had their usual speed. They have some potential in about 2-3 years to get some back. They will be young this year.
I hope they return to the tradition of PT.
Me too.
Not gonna happen. Barber is an unknown commodity so I'll give him a pass. Wyatt's return does not bode well. And why did Treece stop coaching at Lone Oak? It wasn't because they lost games or didn't score points, I know that.
Treece is working as a financial adviser.
I would say Treece is the next best offensive coordinator to our past and future o c, Stephen Hatchell. He will make an immediate impact. He is a nice guy too. I guess this means we can't have him at anymore of our Friday morning breakfasts. He may try to catch inside scoop.
I heard treece will be your next football coach
Treece is the new OC at PT. I don't know if they are to the point of even thinking about a next coach. They are happy with their new hire.
mysonis55 Wrote:I would say Treece is the next best offensive coordinator to our past and future o c, Stephen Hatchell. He will make an immediate impact. He is a nice guy too. I guess this means we can't have him at anymore of our Friday morning breakfasts. He may try to catch inside scoop.

Is it for sure that hatchell will be back at mayfield? Do you really feel he is that big of a difference maker? I'm in no way saying he aint, and I don't claim to know that much when it comes to x's, and o's in football. Just trying to hear some good examples of why he makes the offense so much better. The eye test would tell me mayfield had a lot more potent offense with him, but then I think of the fact his next to last year he had that beast Jonathan Jackson that was a man amongst boys, and unstoppable, then his last year he had a Sr quarterback, and an awesome line, plus deion Jackson who could go to the house in a hurry, and make an offensive coordinator look good. The first year without hatchell you had a line that wasn't young, but was very small, and inexperienced as far as starting time, coupled with no receiver near as fast as deion, plus a first year starting qb. Then last year an extremely young line, and while there was some descent speed there still wasn't no one like deion. I wouldn't expect the offense to be as good as the 12 and 13 years even if hatchell was still oc. Just would like to hear some good thoughts on why y'all think the offense was better when he was oc for other reasons than more talent, and experience.
Yes Hatchell is our new asst principle and OC. Yes he will make that big of a difference. Joe is a great coach but, much like his father he is conservative on offense and is more inclined to play clock ball. Hatchell is the best ever at looking at a defense and immediately adjusting the call to burn them. If teams think they can stop us this year by keying on Bright, I promise they will get torched. I think it is worth an average of 10 points per game just to have him on the sidelines. You will be very happy with what you will see. I think Joe agrees and this is why he never filled his position in hopes that he would be back.
Well I definitely see there being potential on the offense this year. Plus the line should be better. Not sure if the offense will have to score a lot of points as I think the defense will be phenomenal. I heard an interview with al baker from trigg county, and he talked about when he faced Mayfield the defense was like a bunch of rabid dogs going after him, I immediately pictured this year's linebackers when I heard him say it.
Oh my, the Paducah Tilghman thread even comes back to Mayfield. Does anyone have any other thoughts?
My thoughts are that if Wyatt is as much of a loose cannon as people say, why the heck would anyone bring him back in the staff. Also heard he wouldn't let his track stars practice spring ball, but then after he gets put back on football staff then he lets them. Seems like he will be a problem. Now the treece guy seems like a good move. I remember those high output lone oak teams. Not that it matters for this topic, but I think another great offensive coordinator in this area is head coach David Barnes at caldwell county.
I think the only reason they put Wyatt back on the staff was so he would not interfere by not allowing his track stars to participate. I think it sends the wrong message though. He now knows if he wants something in the school system he just has to become a problem.
killbilly usmc Wrote:My thoughts are that if Wyatt is as much of a loose cannon as people say, why the heck would anyone bring him back in the staff. Also heard he wouldn't let his track stars practice spring ball, but then after he gets put back on football staff then he lets them.

If true, the miraculous 180 degree change of heart on spring practice is proof of who was responsible for the Rogers / Wyatt dust up.
Coach Rogers had lost the players trust.He didn't know how to communicate with them. A change needed to be made. Time will tell if Kurt can turn things around.
Oh my how things have changed. What areas of trust are we talking about?
bleedblue81 Wrote:Coach Rogers had lost the players trust.He didn't know how to communicate with them. A change needed to be made. Time will tell if Kurt can turn things around.

I am very optimistic that Barber will be great for the program. The point I was making was- if Wyatt did decide to allow track athletes participate in spring football once Barber replaced Rogers then doesn't that indicate that Wyatt was the one who was being unreasonable?
Some of the track athletes were still not allowed to practice. The ones that could did not want to. I don't think Randy was being unreasonable I think he is being made a scapegoat for the lack of communication Rogers had with the team.
Rogers made a habit of criticising players to other players on the team.
He seemed to have little interest in being around the kids often being the first person to leave after practice.
I don't think Rogers is a bad guy just a bad fit.
It's funny that I hear all this about Rogers being no good for the PT kids. We still have young men here in Graves County that would do anything to play for him again.
I can't speak for the Graves kids. I don't know them. I do know the pt kids and they weren't going to follow him. Not trying to bash Rogers just saying what was going on. Time will tell if the new coach is the answer. I'm trying to look forward and be positive for the sake of the players.
I will give you this to think about. I remember the same type of remarks about a coach in 1999-2000. There was for sale signs put in his yard. He has since won 6 state titles and 3 runners up.
Pages: 1 2