Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2016 2A Preseason Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've did my research and put my opinion on a top 10 for the pre season.

1 Mayfield- 4 time champs in a row. 3 year starter at QB and one of the best running backs in the class and defense is Mayfields strong point

2 Desales- They return two big time rushers with over 1500 yards together. No QB returns but only need one good enough to keep defenses honest.

3 CAL-Just can't get over the hump in the playoffs over Desales. Return some good backs and good QB and solid recievers

4 NCC- Lost some talented seniors but return a great QB and several good juniors class men.

5 LCA-Very talent class with excellent talent. Tough running back returning with basically all the skill positions back and my reason for giving them the nod over Danville.

6 Danville- Solid talent returning but lost some good seniors off last years team. Younger guys will need to step up.

7 Butler County- Return a lot of skill players both ways and could be very dangerous playoff time.

8 Glasgow- Just like Butler County they return the house after only losing 3 seniors from last years team.

9 Somerset- Return some great talent and all the skill positions except a QB but the back played good in the playoffs and also heard they have a transfer from Southwestern so watch out for the Bunnies.

10 Owensboro Cath- Lost lots of talent but still good enough to crack the top 10 with tradition.

Several teams are worthy to be in the top 10. By far the best competitive class next year.
Looks good at this point in time. LCA, Somerset and Danville will be a War. Any of the 3 could come out of the East. Will be a Great Year in 2A.
Ok bac2369 you looked pretty good on your list. :worthy:
Pretty good list. I'm surprised that someone besides me has thought about Butler Co. They will be very good. I still think Owensboro Cath holds the edge on them this year though. I also think with what NCC lost, they will drop to either LCA or Danville this year. Don't sleep on Murray though. Monroe Co and Somerset could also throw a monkey in the wrench.
mysonis55 Wrote:Pretty good list. I'm surprised that someone besides me has thought about Butler Co. They will be very good. I still think Owensboro Cath holds the edge on them this year though. I also think with what NCC lost, they will drop to either LCA or Danville this year. Don't sleep on Murray though. Monroe Co and Somerset could also throw a monkey in the wrench.

Defense is what has Owensboro Catholic in the top 10. They lost lots of skill kids so they will depend on defense until later on in the season when there offense should be better.

Covington Holy Cross, Monroe County, Leslie County, Lloyd and Murray are all teams that are worthy of being in this top 10.

Myson I would guess u would like to see LCA again?
Well we got a little bitter taste out of my mouth this year when we avenged the 2005 debacle at the hands of 1 private school. It would help me to sleep better at night if we were able to avenge the 2009incident in our upcoming season.
Bunnies feeling pretty good about up coming season, with the transfer in of the Qb. from Southwestern.