Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wrestlemania 32 updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Zack Ryder wins the IC title in the ladder match.
Chris Jerico pins AJ Styles
The League of Nations wins over The New Day.
Hbk......
HBK, Cactus Jack & Stone Cold cleaned out the League of Nations......

It was awesome!!
Lesnar beats Ambrose.

This match ended to quick.
Charlotte wins the new Women's title.
The Undertaker pins Shane-O-Mac
Baron Corbin from NXT wins the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.
WrestleMania 33 is in Orlando next year....
April 2nd, 2017
Do you smell what The Rock is cooking..... with a flamethrower????

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:
New WrestleMania attendance record....

The Wyatt Family interrupts the Rock....
The Rock vs. Erick Rowan made "on the fly"
The Rock pins Erick Rowan in 6 seconds.....

New WrestleMania win record.
The Wyatt's surround The Rock....

Cena's music hits!!!!!
Main event....
HHH vs. Reigns

Reigns getting boo'ed out of the Stadium.
The crowd chanting....

"Roman Sucks"
Every offensive move Reigns does.... he gets boo'ed, HARD!!!!
Reigns pins HHH for the WWE title.
Overall, B+

The Rock's spot and Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold & Mick Foley saved this event from being a C-.

Some terrible booked finishes.
I give it a C+
Probably the worst Mania in 20 years when all the talent left for WCW. VKM better get his head out of his azz or he will no longer have a WWE.
zaga_fan Wrote:I give it a C+

Let me clarify...
Most of the matches were pretty good.
I just didn't like the majority of the finishes.
SUCKED!!! Complete bust. Throw some damn curveballs instead of ha ing everyone predict it.
Good wrestling, some pretty bad booking.

I think the only stuff I felt really good about was Ryder's surprise win, Corbin winning the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal & seeing a handful of Stone Cold Stunners.

C-
Let's look at the Booking of WM 32.

Ladder match for the IC title: Zack Ryder. Not that big of a shock. Maybe Kevin Owens was the 'favorite'.

Jericho vs. Styles: No shocker here.

The League of Nations vs. The New Day: No shocker here either.
It was great to see HBK, Mick Foley and Stone Cold get some ring time. Austin got a 'Pop' that almost blew the roof off from the arena.

Lesnar vs. Ambrose: This match was terrible. But the ending was booked before the match was signed.

Diva's Triple Threat: The women wrestled good. But there was no doubt Charlotte was gonna win. The new Women's title belt looks better that the Diva's belt.

Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon (Hell in the Cell): This match could have been epic. Instead, another ho-hum HITC match. No outside interference, no storyline set-ups for future events. TERRIBLE!!!!

20 man Andre the Giant Battle Royal: An NXT wrestler winning this is laughable.

The Rock vs. Erick Rowan: This match ended in 6 seconds. The Rock could wrestle a tree branch and the crowd would go crazy.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns: Reigns just cannot get over. He god booed HARD the entire match. But there was no question that Reigns was gonna win. He did get some cheers after he won. The WWE needs to turn him Heel, soon!!!!

The athletes all Worked good. But the booking was terrible.
We will see some repeat matches at the lower PPV's before SummerSlam.

On 2-22-16, I posted......
Instead of "Oldest Ride, Longest Line"

We could get "Largest Crowd, Loudest Boo's"

WM 32 set a new WM attendance record with 101,763. I'm not saying it wasn't a good show, but it was SO predictable.
Will not rank as anything more than the top attended event in history. Comments below.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Let's look at the Booking of WM 32. I WAS ENTERTAINED, I SAW NOTHING NEW, BUT IT WILL NOT GO DOWN AS ONE OF THE BEST.

Ladder match for the IC title: Zack Ryder. Not that big of a shock. Maybe Kevin Owens was the 'favorite'. I DISAGREE, ZACK RYDER IS THE LAST OF THE ENTRANTS THAT I EXPECTED TO WIN. IT OBVIOUSLY SETS UP TWO THINGS, A BIG PUSH FOR KO AND AN NXT GUY TO COME START A FEUD WITH THE TEMPORARY CHAMP RYDER.

Jericho vs. Styles: No shocker here.
I WAS AS SHOCKED IN THIS MATCH AS I WAS THE LADDER MATCH. IT MADE NO LOGICAL SENSE FOR Y2J TO WIN. HE LEAVES FOR A CONCERT TOUR IN 5 WEEKS. SO, IT SETS UP SOMETHING TONIGHT BETWEEN THE TWO, AND IT COULD BE A AJ STYLES HEEL TURN WITH THE ENTRANCE OF THE BULLET CLUB.

The League of Nations vs. The New Day: No shocker here either.
It was great to see HBK, Mick Foley and Stone Cold get some ring time. Austin got a 'Pop' that almost blew the roof off from the arena.
THE MATCH ITSELF WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT, BUT THIS ONE WAS BAD BOOKING AS OTHERS ARE ALLUDING TO. LON ARE INDIVIDUAL WRESTLERS AND WORK HORRIBLE AS A TEAM. THE AFTERMATH WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE PPV. IT WAS TOO PREDICTABLE THAT THE STUNNER WAS COMING, BUT IT STILL WAS SO AWESOME WHEN IT HAPPENED.

Lesnar vs. Ambrose: This match was terrible. But the ending was booked before the match was signed.
SEEN THIS MATCH BETWEEN THESE TWO ALREADY 2 OTHER TIMES. NOTHING WAS NEW. IT WAS NOT EVEN THE MOST PHYSICAL MATCH THAT THESE TWO HAD. BUT, FOR THE FANS THAT HAD NOT SEEN THESE TWO, THEY WERE AMAZED. THE GUYS I HAD OVER WERE NOT CLOSE FOLLOWERS, AND THEY WERE AMAZED OF THE BRUTALITY, SO WWE USED THIS MATCH THE GRAB THOSE FANS.

Diva's Triple Threat: The women wrestled good. But there was no doubt Charlotte was gonna win. The new Women's title belt looks better that the Diva's belt.
[COLOR="red"]IT TURNED INTO INTERMISSION AT MY HOUSE DURING THIS ONE. I DIDN'T GET TO SEE MUCH OF IT, BUT THE OUTCOME WAS PREDICTABLE.
[/COLOR]
Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon (Hell in the Cell): This match could have been epic. Instead, another ho-hum HITC match. No outside interference, no storyline set-ups for future events. [COLOR="red"]TERRIBLE!!!!
I AGREE, THIS MATCH WAS TERRIBLE, BUT I DISAGREE THAT THIS MATCH COULD HAVE EVER BEEN EPIC - MAYBE 15 YEARS AGO, BUT NOT WITH TODAYS VERSION OF GUYS. SHANE IS THE ONLY GUY TO EVER TAKE A 20' FALL ONTO A 3" FOAM TABLE THAT HAD A AIR BAG. WHEN I SAW THAT, I TOTALLY LOST ALL FEELING THAT I HAD SAW SOMETHING NEW. GRANTED, JUMPING FROM 20' IS INSANE, BUT IT LOST IT'S WOW FACTOR[/COLOR]

20 man Andre the Giant Battle Royal: An NXT wrestler winning this is laughable.
I THOUGHT THIS WAS GREAT BOOKING. NAME A BETTER WAY TO GET A NEW GUY OVER THAN A BATTLE ROYAL. IT HAS BEEN TIME TO BRING BARON CORBIN BUT FOR MONTHS. I LOVED IT, BUT LETS SEE IF THE BOOKERS CAN BUILD ON IT.

The Rock vs. Erick Rowan: This match ended in 6 seconds. The Rock could wrestle a tree branch and the crowd would go crazy.
I DIDN'T LIKE GIVING THE ROCK THE RECORD FOR SHORTEST MATCH. WHAT I DID TAKE AWAY FROM THIS WAS HOW THE ROCK PUT BRAY "OVER". HIS SEGMENT REALLY HELPED CEMENT BRAY AS A TOP GUY.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns: Reigns just cannot get over. He god booed HARD the entire match. But there was no question that Reigns was gonna win. He did get some cheers after he won. The WWE needs to turn him Heel, soon!!!!
DIDN'T CARE FOR IT, WAS ACTUALLY THE LEAST INTERESTING "WRESTLING" MATCH OF THE NIGHT. I EXPECTED SOME TYPE OF RUN-IN IN ORDER TO SET-UP THE NEXT FEUD. THIS MATCH ANSWERED NO QUESTIONS FOR ME.

The athletes all Worked good. But the booking was terrible.
We will see some repeat matches at the lower PPV's before SummerSlam.

On 2-22-16, I posted......
Instead of "Oldest Ride, Longest Line"

We could get "Largest Crowd, Loudest Boo's"

WM 32 set a new WM attendance record with 101,763. I'm not saying it wasn't a good show, but it was SO predictable.
I'm with Dusty on this one, guys.

I thought very little of it was predictable.

IC Title: I don't see how anyone saw Ryder winning that. I was under the impression he wouldn't have been in the match had Neville not been hurt. Now... my issue is that KO was having a good run with the IC title and now it's in the hands of a guy who has been jobbing for the last few years. I don't see anything big coming from Ryder, but I'd love for them to see what he can get out of it. The crowd loves him. Match was a nice little spot-fest, nothing completely nuts, but still a spot-fest.

Jericho/Styles
: This match wasn't all that great, and the fact that Jericho won blew my mind. I'll see what they do with it, but I think they were just trying to catch us off guard.

LON/New Day: I assumed New Day was winning, but at least they didn't lose clean. I really don't care much for this feud. They used the LON really well on New Day's fact turn. I thought they knocked that segment out of the park, but since then I have lost interest.

Lesnar/Ambrose: I don't think this was a horrible match, but it didn't live up to the expectations they set for it. Dean said "You'll have to kill me", but he didn't have a single near fall? No false finish?! It was short and the story they were trying to tell felt rushed. Also, this Suplex City stuff is the worst thing that's happened to Brock as a worker. His matches are just suplexes and an F5 now... Some folks may like it... but I don't. At least mix it up a little bit.

Diva's Triple Threat: I think this was the match of the night! Glad to see they are letting Charlotte's heel run keep going.

Undertaker/Shane: This was a mess. Especially at the start. I wanted to see two spots in this match: coast to coast and Shane off the cell. I got them both, but surely they could have gotten to them faster. This is the epitome of why I didn't care for this Mania that much... This storyline was a waste of our time. It got a cheap pop, and now it's presumably over because Shane will probably be "in the hospital" during Raw.

Battle Royal: I love they gave it to an up-and-comer. Corbin has improved lately and he's going to be a good bad guy.

Rock and Cena/Wyatts: This segment went too long. They wanted to put Bray over, but this was a roundabout way of doing it. How about having the guy actually win some matches at PPVs?

HHH/Reigns: Not a bad match. Steph was looking nice. HHH worked a little more than he usually does. It was odd seeing him go for the armbars, but a nice touch. I was surprised Reigns simply went over clean with no interference or a heel-turn.

OVERALL
I think this was an entertaining show. As a fan of professional wrestling, I didn't like what they did with story lines and left a lot to be desired for me. As for the million people watching this that aren't pro wrestling fans, they probably really enjoyed it. They kicked off the show with a spot fest, they had a quality women's match, a couple OMG spots in the Taker Shane match, a gimmicked street fight match and an over-the-top match with an epic hype video for the main event.

I think this weekend is a good example that wrestling fans have the option of immersing themselves in NXT, and take the main roster for what it is: entertainment.

NXT may be labeled as "developmental", but those guys are world class. Nakamura, Asuka, Apollo Crews, Samoa Joe, Balor, most of the tag teams... they could tear the house down any time they step in the ring.

Now, the bad taste in my mouth that was left from a booking perspective could change tonight after Raw? Does Roman turn on Ambrose and go heel tonight? Does Rollins show up and make things interesting? Does Bayley, after dropping the NXT title, show up on Raw and reunite the Four Horsewomen? Does KO move on to bigger things? What happens with Ryder? There are a lot of things that can happen tonight and in some ways the Raw after Mania is more important to WWE's success than WrestleMania itself.
Jericho/Styles makes a little more sense after Styles pinned Jericho for the #1 contendership tonight.

It also seems like they are moving Roman towards a heel-turn, especially after setting up a match between him and AJ (who will be over with the crowd and a babyface).

Mania booking (except for Brock/Ambrose and Shane/Taker) makes more sense now.

I still contend they could have done some of this at Mania, but I'm fine with it.
Pages: 1 2