Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baldwin out at Paintsville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard over the weekend that Baldwin is out at Paintsville. I haven't confirmed this, but was told the job has been posted.

If this is true some names for replacing him...Coach Trimble (Les) or Coach Keeton from in-house. I think either would be good. Anyone else heard anything? What about other names that would be a good fit.
You can delete the "RUMOR" off the title thread.

Job is posted on KHSAA open jobs website.

The word on the street is Baldwin quit the girls so he could take the boys job when Bill Mike Runyon re-retires here in a few weeks.
justabitoutside Wrote:You can delete the "RUMOR" off the title thread.

Job is posted on KHSAA open jobs website.

The word on the street is Baldwin quit the girls so he could take the boys job when Bill Mike Runyon re-retires here in a few weeks.

I heard that Baldwin was just ready to give it up. He's been coaching for a while now and took a new job within the school system. I also don't look for BMR to retire. I could be wrong, but I know Baldwin isn't interested in the boys job.
Anyone heard anything else? Have they made the hire yet?
Whomever gets the job will get a talented young team and an excellent opportunity. I know they intend to have a new coach in place by June 1.
Correction: May 1st, should happen pretty quick.
I heard yesterday that this job would be in-house only due to budget cuts and no teaching jobs available. If so, that will exclude some very capable candidates. Seems like a done deal already, Paintsville admin. just blowing smoke acting like they are considering everyone, when the job already belongs to Les Trimble. Remember, you heard it here first.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:I heard yesterday that this job would be in-house only due to budget cuts and no teaching jobs available. If so, that will exclude some very capable candidates. Seems like a done deal already, Paintsville admin. just blowing smoke acting like they are considering everyone, when the job already belongs to Les Trimble. Remember, you heard it here first.

I heard Trimble as well.
Who from outside has applied?
Trimble would be a good choice for girls or boys team has plenty of experience and if not mistaken won a regional title at JC
doubledown Wrote:Trimble would be a good choice for girls or boys team has plenty of experience and if not mistaken won a regional title at JC

He didn't win a regional title, but I agree he would be a good pick for the girls.
Another good option for the coaching position would be Matt Ratliff. Matt is a great Dad and a great man who wasn't given a fair chance as the Boys coach...

He has a house full of girls so he comes with his own feeder system...:biglmao: