Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bill Letton to Floyd Central?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That was the rumor at the State Tournament last week after a long breakfast meeting.......that would be a game changer for the county
Maybe Floyd Central will knock the almighty Black Cats off the throne of their Football dominance over Floyd County.

Yes, I know this is the football forum, BUT.....

This is the current 58th district basketball alignment.

Allen Central (1994) 1-1
South Floyd (2001) 0-1
Prestonsburg (1989) 0-1
Betsy Layne (1976, 1980) 0-2

Only five trips to the Sweet 16 and only one win (Allen Central in 1994) since 1976, the 58th District is WEAK to say the least. If it wasn't for some (not all) of the fans of these teams talking like the 58th is God's gift to the KHSAA, I wouldn't make a big deal out of this.

This is not directed to the players, but to certain fans of teams in the 58th.... WIN SOMETHING!!!!!!

King Kelly Coleman cannot carry the 58th's banner forever.
To say this would be a huge get for FC would be an understatement.
Id love it! Would make me a fan right off.. I was at Prestonsburg when Bill was the football coach. Great guy, he treated many of the basketball players better than the basketball coach did...Well personally I liked him, he helped me with weight training when he had no obligation to do so and was never anything but a good dude :Thumbs:
Would be a good get for the Jags. After the realignment was posted, I'm sure a lot of people were turned off by the face they aren't playing Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne, but instead Belfry and Lawrence County.
Do you honestly think the Prestonsburg bunch will let the superintendent hire anyone that will have more success than them? Politics will control hire.
Im hoping that the blackcats right the ship, I really do but if things don't change in the next couple seasons its not going to matter whos coaching against them..If FC can get a good coach, let alone a great coach like Bill Letton they will have a good program in short order I think..
If this is true...stick a fork in P-Burg...
WinkWinkler Wrote:Do you honestly think the Prestonsburg bunch will let the superintendent hire anyone that will have more success than them? Politics will control hire.

There are some blackcats working to make this happen behind the scenes.
I HIGHLY doubt Bill Letton will leave his current position to come to a small school like Floyd Central, no offense. Again, no offense, but South Floyd and Allen Central really haven't had blow away seasons crushing everyone in their path...I don't see were combining those two schools would make a difference. again NO OFFENSE
Played my last game ever against Coach Letton's Blackcats at Prestonsburg in the Regional Championship. Years later we laughed eating Thanksgiving dinner together then shutting out Ft Thomas Highlands at Highlands. We went on to win a state championship together. The man can flat out coach football. Honored to call him a friend even after ending my playing career. He's in a great situation down South. I'd love to see him around here.
Blackcat2001 Wrote:That was the rumor at the State Tournament last week after a long breakfast meeting.......that would be a game changer for the county

That would get them off to a good start for sure.
Strikeout King Wrote:I HIGHLY doubt Bill Letton will leave his current position to come to a small school like Floyd Central, no offense. Again, no offense, but South Floyd and Allen Central really haven't had blow away seasons crushing everyone in their path...I don't see were combining those two schools would make a difference. again NO OFFENSE

You may be right, Ive wondered the same thing..I can only hope that he may want to come "home" to Ky. I think hes from Montgomery county? Anyway heres to wishing on a star...besides my respect for the man personally it would be a great thing for East,Ky football in general to have him back.
Where is Bill currently?
This would be s good hire. For ppl staying No offense. It takes a good coach to get talented players to come out. I'd say the talent is there they just need a good coach to get them out. Besides I've always said defense wins championships.
Heard Ovie Canady applied for the job.
To have a name like Bulldogs4ever you talk about a lot of people and teams from Perry Central??
Duh, maybe I live in Perry County. Its not exactly Louisville last time I checked the census. Maybe I know people from Perry Central. Heck maybe I am a Perry Central person. Whats it to you?

With a name like KENTUCKY10, you sound and talk a lot about people and teams from Kentucky.
Real Badman Wrote:Where is Bill currently?

OC at Walton HS outside of Atlanta.
Walton is a top tier program.
Duh?Confusednicker: You must be in high school.
Duh, thought the same thing about you KY10.
Now why would a man of that caliber of a high school program want to leave where he is at to come to a school in Floyd County?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Duh, maybe I live in Perry County. Its not exactly Louisville last time I checked the census. Maybe I know people from Perry Central. Heck maybe I am a Perry Central person. Whats it to you?

With a name like KENTUCKY10, you sound and talk a lot about people and teams from Kentucky.

lol :biglmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:OC at Walton HS outside of Atlanta.
Walton is a top tier program.

Walton head coach us Maurice Dixon former Kentucky guy, Bob spire at north Gwinnett, and Nate McPeek at Tucker high school which is top 6a program. Good to see so many Kentucky coaches doing well elsewhere. We need them all back in this state.
Will there be District realignment once this school opens?
Heard Lawrence be back in 57th at that time which means others be moved around
russellpride Wrote:Walton head coach us Maurice Dixon former Kentucky guy, Bob spire at north Gwinnett, and Nate McPeek at Tucker high school which is top 6a program. Good to see so many Kentucky coaches doing well elsewhere. We need them all back in this state.

Would be great for KY football to have them back but bad career moves for all of them to return. Leaving a football state for a hoops/non football state is not a good idea for any of them.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Would be great for KY football to have them back but bad career moves for all of them to return. Leaving a football state for a hoops/non football state is not a good idea for any of them.

I agree with everything you just said. They are several KY guys coaching in Georgia, and most are at successful programs. No need to come back.
Jep Irwin is down there doing great at Lassiter I think.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Jep Irwin is down there doing great at Lassiter I think.

You are right he is at Lassiter High School. He took them to the semi finals one year, he has had a rough last couple of seasons. Others that are in Georgia that are from KY, that I know about are Bob Sphire at North Gwinnett and some of his assistants that are from KY. are Troy Hobbs, Traye Moore, and Jeff Carlberg. Chuck Allen is the OC at Peachtree Ridge. Mo Dixon is at Walton, and some of his assistants from KY are Bill Letton and Will Letton. Nathan McPeek is at Tucker, and I was told Ryan Sizemore is leaving Montgomery County for a school in Georgia.
is it a true fact they have sealed the deal that Bill Letton will be the coach at floyd central