Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South laurel coach fired
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's the story & who is next in line?
Being kept pretty quiet.
I thought he did a good job this past season.
If they get who they wanted the last time it be the coach from Bell.
KyBoy24 Wrote:If they get who they wanted the last time it be the coach from Bell.

I don't see him coming but you never know. What happened to Thomas?
Thomas Jada good year. He had the Lady Cards going in right direction. He must have made the wrong person mad!! Good luck Coach Thomas at your next job!!
World B Free Wrote:Thomas Jada good year. He had the Lady Cards going in right direction. He must have made the wrong person mad!! Good luck Coach Thomas at your next job!!

Had a good year. I typed j instead of h.
Darren Reed is the next coach. There is no teaching job available. He is retiring in about 3 years. Trying to get his retirement up. :eyeroll:
Does he have any coaching experience?
There seems to be a pattern with him: 6 schools in 10 years, at schools spread out across the state. Being a great coach doesn't mean you're a great human being. After the success that South enjoyed this year, if the administration was willing to get mud on their face by letting him go I'm guessing it has less to do with catering to parents than protecting the girls.
Looooong time assistant at SL girls and boys... he would be much better than who I keep hearing!
Thought he would get another year. Maybe he can coach football there next year.
Lot less expectations in football
Who are you hearing Olred?
This was the best year South had in quite some time.
Whitley and Corbin were beating them pretty much every year and it appeared Davis had it turned. Its interesting.
Miss the suits
I'am hearing from a one of my cousins who lives in London (he works over there with one of the parents) the parents complained about verbal abuse, as being the main reason that the parents went to the school board over him.Thats bad because he was turning that program around. But these parents got to understand that goes on all day long in highschool basketball! There's a fine line in coaching this way ,but I guess it's very easy to cross that line . Dealing with other people's children is a losing battle! PERIOD!!!!!
So what names are being heard for this job?
I'am hearing about maybe a couple of transfers going to other schools? Has anyone else heard that rumor?
Found out that was someone blowing smoke, not true!
I think that was what a couple of parents were saying would happen before they got rid of Thomas. This is a good job if someone with a strong will can come in and get control of all aspects of the program and can/will stay to build. This hire could make or break the future of girls basketball at south. Wrong hire this time and this could become the next south laurel football...
Olred Wrote:I think that was what a couple of parents were saying would happen before they got rid of Thomas. This is a good job if someone with a strong will can come in and get control of all aspects of the program and can/will stay to build. This hire could make or break the future of girls basketball at south. Wrong hire this time and this could become the next south laurel football...

Doesn't matter how strong the will of the next coach is if the administration doesn't support him/her in the face of silly parents!!
Your probably right... The rumors that I keep hearing leave me scratching my head too so that is probably due to administration as well.
Olred Wrote:Your probably right... The rumors that I keep hearing leave me scratching my head too so that is probably due to administration as well.

I can guarantee you that whatever you are hearing, isn't remotely close to the the truth. The coach wasn't actually fired, and was 100% self inflicted. I can also promise you that the administration at SL could care less about what the parents say or want. Calling little girls dumba$$#''s and telling them how stupid they are would usually be enough self infliction, but that's not what I'm talking about. Its one thing to cuss while your coaching. (I'm sure about every kid deals with that.) But to directly cuss girls and call them names is uncalled for and will usually result in firing. Or a beating from a angry father. Lol.
I'am sorry but if you have very thin skin, that goes on everywhere! There r zero coaches who take there teams to the state consistently , that don't use some form foul language , sometime during the Season .
hillbilly cat Wrote:I'am sorry but if you have very thin skin, that goes on everywhere! There r zero coaches who take there teams to the state consistently , that don't use some form foul language , sometime during the Season .

So foul language results in state tournament trips? I've heard it all now. Lol. If you would like to read my post again, I said you can't be calling girls cuss words. Cussing around people ("go get the d@#n ball!!) is expected for the most part, but saying "go get the ball you dumb@$s!!" isn't going to work with any girls teams. That won't fly with most boys teams anymore. Do you see my point now? But once again, that's not why the coach is gone either.
I agree about cussing at someone should get you fired and it is different than just saying a cuss word. His record of school to school should have told the administration that something was wrong though.
I know he wasn't fired he was called for a meeting by the principal and he resigned because he saw the writing on the wall. He did seem like he knew the game but coaching is more than that. The rumors I can't believe is who they have been interested in and I hope they were all wrong or the administration is going to make another mistake and this program is in a fragile state but could be REALLY good. As a Corbin guy I hope they make a mistake but as a parent and grandparent I feel for the kids who need a good coach.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:I can guarantee you that whatever you are hearing, isn't remotely close to the the truth. The coach wasn't actually fired, and was 100% self inflicted. I can also promise you that the administration at SL could care less about what the parents say or want. Calling little girls dumba$$#''s and telling them how stupid they are would usually be enough self infliction, but that's not what I'm talking about. Its one thing to cuss while your coaching. (I'm sure about every kid deals with that.) But to directly cuss girls and call them names is uncalled for and will usually result in firing. Or a beating from a angry father. Lol.

Do you know for a fact this happened?? I was told it was alleged by some parents to the principal but didn't happen?? A few cuss words here and there (not saying that's ok!!) but the name calling didn't happen??
So what names are being discussed for this job? Haven't heard many names mentioned.
I'am saying that it's not ok to do that , but it goes on ! Especially in a heated ballgame !! Even the Pcc coach lets it fly sometimes ! An he's won more games in the state than anybody, I'am saying that getting onto girls is just part of the game an coaches can cross the line ,but if u don't think it doesn't happen , then ur wrong! Coaches r Human an if they have habit of letting a few words outb,hey it happens, should it happen no ,but it goes on!!! An that's the real world!!
Pages: 1 2