Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paul Laurence Dunbar 58 Mercer County 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Rupp Arena.

Mercer County had some chances to get the W, but PLD made plays when they needed to.

By far, this was the best game of day.
To answer your question about the term barn burner Pulp Fiction where it came from. I can only answer that when I was growing up everybody in my community had a basketball rim nailed to a barn. Congratulations PLD even tho I was pulling for Merscer County great first round game. :truestory:
What a great game. Could be the state champions .
Great game! Mercer definitely had their chances. Couldn't stop Hollingsworth. Finished with 31 I believe.
64SUR Wrote:To answer your question about the term barn burner Pulp Fiction where it came from. I can only answer that when I was growing up everybody in my community had a basketball rim nailed to a barn. Congratulations PLD even tho I was pulling for Merscer County great first round game. :truestory:

I've always have heard the term "Barn Burner" associated with a good basketball game..... but have never heard the reason why the two are related.

When I was younger, I played a lot of games of HORSE and 2 on 2 with a rim nailed to a barn. But none of the games were so exciting that we wanted to Burn the Barn down after the game.
Dunbar will win the title they have a hard road to hold Bowling Green then probably Newport Catholic and finals Doss or maybe Taylor County.