Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williams out at Pikeville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Much chatter about Williams being fired? Any truth to this?
Hope not. If it's true dumbest move ever by pikeville athletics. Hope they never win another game
It is rumored every year! Eagle Eye why would you root against his former players if it were true. He has a 10 year stint with little to show for it. I am sure he will be able to coach elsewhere if he wants, if not he has a great job at Pikeville. Doubt it is at all true.
Bart is under appreciated at Pikeville. He does a great job.
TheChief Wrote:Much chatter about Williams being fired? Any truth to this?

You sure it wasn't Spears.
Chatter is Spears and Williams, but I doubt either is true! Those decisions are typically made near the end of the year. Probably rumor!
Commanche Wrote:Chatter is Spears and Williams, but I doubt either is true! Those decisions are typically made near the end of the year. Probably rumor!

I know, same talk last year if I remember correctly,especially about Bart. Could be the year though. Booer coaching the boys and E. Justice coaching the girls.
Here is the talk of the town. Williams was asked to resign on at least two occasions. He refused to resign. He was then fired. Booher has made it public he wants Justice as the next coach. The board of education at Pikeville is not happy with this decision. Booher wants to set on the bench with Justice next year to help coach his son. He did the same thing at the junior high level this past year. The funny part is he thinks no one notices what is going on.

Williams started out slow this year but turned the ship and finished strong. Can't fathom bringing in a young coach with limited experience to lead the fleet.
I have posted in the past that Justice is not ready to step into coaching yet, yes he coached at JBS, but let's face it, that is like a put together AAU team. He should have stayed as an assistant at SV in my opinion. He may of had a different personality than Hicks,but I do think he could have gained some good x and o's from him. Speaking of the 59th district it would not surprise me if all 3 schools will have new coaches next year. You heard it first here. Some junior high coaches think it is their turn. Former boys coach ready to go back to coaching boys again. What a tangled web we weave.
From my understanding Elijah Justice will be the next coach at Pikeville.
TheChief Wrote:Here is the talk of the town. Williams was asked to resign on at least two occasions. He refused to resign. He was then fired. Booher has made it public he wants Justice as the next coach. The board of education at Pikeville is not happy with this decision. Booher wants to set on the bench with Justice next year to help coach his son. He did the same thing at the junior high level this past year. The funny part is he thinks no one notices what is going on.

Williams started out slow this year but turned the ship and finished strong. Can't fathom bringing in a young coach with limited experience to lead the fleet.

Booher was basically the coach of Pikeville junior high team if you ever watch them play. When the won county this year i felt like the coaches award should have went to Booher :biglmao:

B. Williams is a good coach and if he was fired he will excel somewhere esle for sure.
Let's be fair here. Bart is a fair coach, but he is very replaceable. I agree that Justice isn't ready to be a coach at Pikeville/Shelby Valley just yet. But Pikeville can easily breathe some life back into the program with a new experienced coach.
Any rumors coming from Shelby Valley?
if Justice had to pick between Valley or Pikeville, i'd assume he would pick Valley.

Bart is a good person and a decent ball coach but all coaches know this is a dirty business.
Justice is in no way shape or fashion ready to coach at a school without recruits, even with them he is below average as a high school coach.

Coach Williams is the 3rd best currently in the region, and I don't count BMR anymore because it looks as if he is just going through the motions.

As for the 59th, I would say Valley will have a new boys and girls coach.

Possible coaching moves on boys and girls side at SV, PCC, Pikeville, and girls at Phelps.

ER and Belfry will remain the same.
UK#24 Wrote:Any rumors coming from Shelby Valley?
if Justice had to pick between Valley or Pikeville, i'd assume he would pick Valley.

Bart is a good person and a decent ball coach but all coaches know this is a dirty business.

Jim Hicks is the basketball coach at SV so the pressure is off the coach of the century to pick which job in Pike County he wants.
region Wrote:Justice is in no way shape or fashion ready to coach at a school without recruits, even with them he is below average as a high school coach.

Coach Williams is the 3rd best currently in the region, and I don't count BMR anymore because it looks as if he is just going through the motions.

As for the 59th, I would say Valley will have a new boys and girls coach.

Possible coaching moves on boys and girls side at SV, PCC, Pikeville, and girls at Phelps.

ER and Belfry will remain the same.
. Rodney Rowe to stay 6 more years, so that puts that theory out the door. He may talk of taking other jobs, but that's all it is --talk. I agree with you on your assesment of Justice. Pikeville WILL have a new girls coach. You will hear soon enough---today.
If it's true is about time!!!
Let me say first, that I like Bart as a person. He's always been as good as he could be to me and my family and I think the world of him. He will get a head coaching job somewhere else and I wish him and his family nothing but the best. Whether I or anyone else thinks that Bart was fired justly or unjustly is irrelevant at this point. What's done is done.
According to EKB News on twitter, they say Bart is out at Pikeville. Good run for Coach Williams at Pikeville. Great guy and always a class act.

Are there any other names being mentioned besides Justice, for this job?
UK#24 Wrote:Any rumors coming from Shelby Valley?

Pikeville would be the better fit for Elisha Right Now. Yes he's a Valley Alum and a local legend. But, he won't have the pressure on him at Pikeville that he would have @ Valley. The expectations would be through the roof, by no fault of anyone and it would nearly impossible for a young coach with limited experience to live up to. He's in a better position at Pikeville. Better teacher pay, an AD that will be very patient with him and expectations not NEARLY as high from the fan base.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville would be the better fit for Elisha Right Now. Yes he's a Valley Alum and a local legend. But, he won't have the pressure on him at Pikeville that he would have @ Valley. The expectations would be through the roof, by no fault of anyone and it would nearly impossible for a young coach with limited experience to live up to. He's in a better position at Pikeville. Better teacher pay, an AD that will be very patient with him and expectations not NEARLY as high from the fan base.

I understand ur points.
i just dont think Elisha Justice is the right guy for the job. if ur going to push Williams out at least open the job and see who all would apply for it before turning it over to Justice. if Justice fails at Pikeville it will make him and the AD look awful.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville would be the better fit for Elisha Right Now. Yes he's a Valley Alum and a local legend. But, he won't have the pressure on him at Pikeville that he would have @ Valley. The expectations would be through the roof, by no fault of anyone and it would nearly impossible for a young coach with limited experience to live up to. He's in a better position at Pikeville. Better teacher pay, an AD that will be very patient with him and expectations not NEARLY as high from the fan base.

Makes no sense.

Pikeville and patient do not go together.

If you or anyone think Justice would have won more ballgames this year or any other year than Coach Williams, you are sadly mistaken.

JBS had 6'8" and 6'9" "international students" and two transfers and didn't beat anyone any good outside of maybe Letcher and the teams in Charlotte and I don't think the teams in Charlotte were any good at all.
Booher is turning Pikeville into his former SV player playground.
Bart was warned of what was going to occur,yet he chose to keep his enemies( friends ) as close as possible. The team on the floor couldn't,t compare to the unity of the team of assistants on the bench. Oh, add one very vocal parent to that team. Parents and contributors will make Elisha a very nervous young man. He and Booher will be unaccessible and unapproachable!
region Wrote:Makes no sense.

Pikeville and patient do not go together.

If you or anyone think Justice would have won more ballgames this year or any other year than Coach Williams, you are sadly mistaken.

JBS had 6'8" and 6'9" "international students" and two transfers and didn't beat anyone any good outside of maybe Letcher and the teams in Charlotte and I don't think the teams in Charlotte were any good at all.
Never said the fan base would be patient, I said Booher would be. My point was the expectations of the basketball program are NOTHING compared to football at PHS or Basketball @ Valley.
Not saying Elisha will or won't be a good coach, I'm not even saying he'll be better than Bart was, the jury is still out on that.
Motley Wrote:Booher is turning Pikeville into his former SV player playground.
Nobody bleeds Maroon like I do, but as long as the standard is met, I don't care where they come from as long as they're good people.
Williams was a good coach , they done him really bad .
Was it his performance on the court or the good ol' boy system that got him in this shape? Im just curious because it seems the second will get you fired faster than the first these days..:HitWall:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Nobody bleeds Maroon like I do, but as long as the standard is met, I don't care where they come from as long as they're good people.

They're good guys. I've heard quite the opposite sentiment from the Pikeville folk I talk to about how Booher is doing things right now. Guess it's easy to do what you want though when you're handed jobs left and right thanks to your father in law.
Always hate it when you climb someone's back to get a job.... Know I never did nor will I.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4