Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All Tourny Team from WYMT Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody know who made it?
In another post.... I read......

Tate Cox, Clark and Clint Stepp From JBS

Ashley Hatfield from SV

Hicks and Campbell from Hazard
Hatfield deserved it. As sick as he was, and as good as he played, it shows the heart this young man has. Congrats Ashley, keep on winning.
I saw James David Strange from Pineville was also on the all tournament team, as well as the Whitaker boys from Bell Co.
Thats all i know of not sure about the others.
Clint Stepp should have won mvp. He is just so great!
Caneyboy Wrote:Clint Stepp should have won mvp. He is just so great!

Not hardly lol
He can shoot very well but i havent seen the kid play defense or create his own shot yet but hes only a freshman so g/l to him in the next cpl years
Did Kelly or Bailey make it from PCC
MVP2 Wrote:Did Kelly or Bailey make it from PCC
I dont think anyone from Pcc was on it, Could be wrong though
Caneyboy Wrote:I dont think anyone from Pcc was on it, Could be wrong though
Kelly did
Does anyone have a full list of the players named to the All Tournament team?
Its probably on wymtnews.com but i havent checked.
I think Jeremy Jackson from Shelby Valley should of made it..
I dont see how Clint Stepp made it and Daniel Harmon didnt.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont see how Clint Stepp made it and Daniel Harmon didnt.
I dont see how either...Harmon had 30 against PCC, Clint Stepp prolly didnt even have 30 the whole tournment.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont see how Clint Stepp made it and Daniel Harmon didnt.

I totally agree I thought daniel harmon had a great showing at the tourny, definitely should have been awarded
Hes a Stepp and ALC donates alot of Money. You can get mad all you want but thats the truth
Seems like the only ones getting mad here are the JBS/Stepp haters. Maybe hitting 7 out of 9 shots, and scoring 20 points in the championship game of the tournament had something to do with him getting on the all-tourney team. Obviously, without Clint doing what he did in that game, JBS would have gotten beat.
the big boy from pcc made it and so did amies i think
Ames did not make all T team. No way.
All i can say is congrats to all the players that got this award!
Yea,Congrats to all the teams who played also
anyone from leslie co. make it??
I think Daniel should have made it any day than clint stepp..i saw Harmon make alot of progress..i wasnt that impressed in stepp..all he done was shoot..
Subway Eater Wrote:Clint Stepp should have won mvp. He is just so great!

Theres no way he shouldnt have even made the all tournament team he made it on one lucky night. I mean if u shoot enough your gonna make it every once in a while
Let's see. Clint shot 9 shots and made 7 of them. That's probably a higher percentage than anyone on the floor that night. He also held the player he was guarding to score only 3 points when he was guarding him. I'm sure there probably were other guys in the tournament that deserved to be on the All-Tourney Team, but face the facts, if Clint hadn't scored 20 points that night and played the defense he played, JBS probably would not be the WYMT Mountain Classic Champions. :thumpsup:
Extra Strength Wrote:Let's see. Clint shot 9 shots and made 7 of them. That's probably a higher percentage than anyone on the floor that night. He also held the player he was guarding to score only 3 points when he was guarding him. I'm sure there probably were other guys in the tournament that deserved to be on the All-Tourney Team, but face the facts, if Clint hadn't scored 20 points that night and played the defense he played, JBS probably would not be the WYMT Mountain Classic Champions. :thumpsup:

I may be mistaken, but I thought it was a "All Tournament Team", not the "All Championship Team". I personally think more should be thought of as to how they played over the course of the teams being in it, not just on how they did in one game.
Clint scored 9 in the first game; he didn't score in the second game, but neither did Justin Hicks when Clint guarded him for a one and a half quarters.
Extra Strength Wrote:Clint scored 9 in the first game; he didn't score in the second game, but neither did Justin Hicks when Clint guarded him for a one and a half quarters.
A whole game is different than 1 quarter
He didn't guard him the whole game. He didn't play the whole game. A quarter and a half is all the time he guarded him.
Did the media pick the team? If so I've found that many times it has nothing to do with how a player plays in that Tourney. If they are well known and have had alot of PR their going to get picked even if a bench player out plays them 10 to 1.
So Thunderchild, what you're saying is the media votes on them. I guess that's why Pikeville was the only team that didn't have someone on the all tournament team, because the media picks them. Is Pikeville not liked by the media?
Pages: 1 2