Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kevin Nash To Donate His Brain & Spinal Cord To Science After His Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kevin Nash has announced that he will donate his brain and spinal cord to the CTE Center at Boston University and the Concussion Legacy Foundation after he passes away. The WWE Hall of Famer broke the news on ESPN.com, along with comments from former WWE star Chris Nowinski.

Quote:“Chris Nowinski started the program, and I’ve had several concussions throughout my life and had scans done and stuff and knew that somewhere down the line, I’ve already had short-term memory problems,” Nash told Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com. “I decided to go ahead. The only way you can diagnose this is after you’re dead.”

Chris Nowinski, co-founder of the CTE Center, said he hopes Nash’s announcement inspires other athletes and their families to do the same.

Quote:“It’s so powerful when icons like Kevin Nash are willing to pledge their brain for research and talk about it publicly,” said Nowinski. “Brain donation is really driving our growing knowledge of CTE and the long-term effects of brain trauma. And so I’m hoping that we solve this problem before Kevin’s time comes but Kevin announcing this means that other families are aware that this research is important and that if they lose somebody, they may think of the concussion legacy foundation.”

http://www.sescoops.com/kevin-nash-to-do...his-death/