Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan City v/s North Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions? I'm taking North in a good game, nobody in the region better than Bruner. If North plays nearly the way they played against Corbin they may run em!

North 67
Harlan Cty 58
Harlan by 2 in OT. They beat Corbin no worse than Harlan beat Knox really. They're about even IMO.
I think Harlan wins this one easier than most are predicting.
Harlan 56
North 43
Both teams are built around the perimeter. However, north needs to hit from 3 a little more than Harlan. Brock creates in the paint better than Bruner. If North hits from the outside its them in a close one. If they don't then Harlan by 10-14.

One other factor I think that can change this game is how it is called. If Brock is allowed to initiate contact and draw fouls it changes the game. She is the best in the region at going into defenders and flopping around for a call. That is not me being negative to her. As long as it's called that way it is very smart basketball.
Harlan has the big game experience. I take them in a close one. 55 to 50
Should be a very good game. Dragons by 4
Best 2 teams in the region. Whoever wins this one wins it all.
Best two teams in the tournament. I like Harlan in a close game, to much Brock.
Olred Wrote:Both teams are built around the perimeter. However, north needs to hit from 3 a little more than Harlan. Brock creates in the paint better than Bruner. If North hits from the outside its them in a close one. If they don't then Harlan by 10-14.

One other factor I think that can change this game is how it is called. If Brock is allowed to initiate contact and draw fouls it changes the game. She is the best in the region at going into defenders and flopping around for a call. That is not me being negative to her. As long as it's called that way it is very smart basketball.

I agree completely, and it isn't a negative comment to me at all.

I'm going with Harlan City to take this game; by 10.
Actually "flopping around" is sort of negative. But Brock, Green, and Bruner get fouled more then any other players because you have to be physical with them or they can beat you. From the times I've seen her play she gets fouled more than she flops. I got Harlan by 2 in OT but if NL is hitting those 3 bombs then it will be the end of the road for Harlan.
Still think we see an all Harlan final
JerryGarcia Wrote:Still think we see an all Harlan final

For whatever reason I see an all Laurel County finals. We shall see