Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin County 75 Belfry 71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FINAL.:letsparty
congrats MC.......anyone w/stats?
Lady Hornets won tonight without their 6th player Ashley Hall. The refs were certianly not on Magoffin Countys side they were pitiful. Michaela Howard got in early foul trouble with 2 fouls in under 3 minutes down in the first quater. This was a good game all I can say is bring on Shelby Valley

Congrats girls :letsparty
Congrats Magoffin. Big win for the Lady Hornets.
Lady Hornets won tonight without their 6th player Ashley Hall. The refs were certianly not on Magoffin Countys side they were pitiful. Michaela Howard got in early foul trouble with 2 fouls in under 3 minutes down in the first quater. Felecia Prater, Kelli Hall, and Katelyn Minix contributed good minutes from off the bench. This was a good game all I can say is bring on Shelby Valley

Brittany Manns was the leading scorer of 29 points
congrats Lady Hornets...Collins is doing a great job at belfry
nice win MC
Good Job MC
By the way Belfry had a player fould out in the third quarter, if you think the refs were on Belfry side then you need to wake up. I have watched Magoffin several times this year, if their coach would coach isntead of putting on a show over calls then they would be a better team. The fans always gets the bad calls to no matter what. That is like the T fould Thacker got, she slapped the floor, and the reason she did that was because she just took a perfect charge (and she had good position) and slapped the floor, didnt say a word I was there. Another player did but not her, and loosing her hurt in rebounds. The bad thing about that call was it was way more a charge than the one called on the other end the play before. The refs were just bad dont blame a clsoe game on the refs. Belfry didnt play good neither, that was one of their worst games of the year. Belfry never even reached the bonus in the second half and Magoffin was in double bonus. Also when Belfry was down one they had a Magoffin girl trapped, and she took three steps, the ref said she knew she walked but was letting them play.
Magoffin got bad breaks to, Im just saying dont act like we robbed you because nobody from Belfry likes those refs, nobody from anywere does lol. It wasn't they were against Magoffin or Belfry, just they stink.
Both Belfry and Magoffin has good teams and will meet again. Mann was hitting today also, shes a great plyer. Merrissa Pruitt had 26 for Belfry and Mann 29 for Magoffin.
By the way All Sport I have a really good friend from Magoffin and he agreed with me, Belfry got more breaks early and Magoffin did in the second half. Your coach had about 20 warnings from the refs. I heard him cuss them so many times, he spends more time yelling at them over silly stuff and trying to put on a show rather than coaching. I seen all the teams play last year and Magoffin was as good as anybody but Lexington Catholic talent wise, but they got out coached.This year is the same way, they have so much speed nobody should even be in a ball game with them. You have a good team and a nice group of girls. It was a fun game to watch, and wow these two teams went up and down the court fast paced the whole game. It was funnest game I have seen all year.
Belfry Wins Wrote:By the way All Sport I have a really good friend from Magoffin and he agreed with me, Belfry got more breaks early and Magoffin did in the second half. Your coach had about 20 warnings from the refs. I heard him cuss them so many times, he spends more time yelling at them over silly stuff and trying to put on a show rather than coaching. I seen all the teams play last year and Magoffin was as good as anybody but Lexington Catholic talent wise, but they got out coached.This year is the same way, they have so much speed nobody should even be in a ball game with them. You have a good team and a nice group of girls. It was a fun game to watch, and wow these two teams went up and down the court fast paced the whole game. It was funnest game I have seen all year.

I've said this before, if Magoffin had a good coach who would spend time actually coaching instead of whining and putting on a show for the fans they would be almost unbeatable. A duck could win with these girls, however, with a good coach they could win a few games at state. Every game I have seen them play in which they have lost or only won by a few points, and I've seen quite a few, they have flat out been outcoached! Pup doesn't make the needed adjustments during the game and continually rants and raves about fouls. All coaches yell and scream but he could be one of the worst coaches in the 15th region. I love watching MC play but I really wish for their sake they had a better shot at winning a state title but IMO with Steve Miller at the helm it won't happen. Again, this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to cause any controversy.
Congrats MC. Sounds like a good game, wish I could've went.
I wish I had a quarter for every time people complain about coaches on this site!
Congrats on the Hornets win.
eaglehoops Wrote:I've said this before, if Magoffin had a good coach who would spend time actually coaching instead of whining and putting on a show for the fans they would be almost unbeatable. A duck could win with these girls, however, with a good coach they could win a few games at state. Every game I have seen them play in which they have lost or only won by a few points, and I've seen quite a few, they have flat out been outcoached! Pup doesn't make the needed adjustments during the game and continually rants and raves about fouls. All coaches yell and scream but he could be one of the worst coaches in the 15th region. I love watching MC play but I really wish for their sake they had a better shot at winning a state title but IMO with Steve Miller at the helm it won't happen. Again, this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to cause any controversy.

"I'm not trying to cause any controversy". Of course you are!!!! This makes quite a few times you have brought that subject up. I tell you what why don't you call the school up on Monday, ask for the principal, AD, whoever you think can help you and ask if you can sit in on practice or sit on the bench during a game. This way you can get a better idea of how Coach Miller works. Don't judge him by the way he might come off during a game, he is the ultimate motivator and gets the most out of his team, but as far as you saying he is the worst coach in the region, that is just a ridiculous statement!!! No if, and , or but's about it!!! GO ahead call them up and see if you can interview him or sit in on practice or a game, just stop with that bad coach stuff.
Nice win Hornets!
Well lets see:
Eagle hoops here you are again chiming in about our coach telling use how bad he is! You wasnt at the game and you don't know crap about Pup. You guys have a lot of nerve to get on here and talk about other peoples coaches, you have two good ones in Starns and Wireman. Starns is a jerk and if you continue to employ him , the team will only be worse next year. Wireman is the bigggest of jerks, he is just as animated as Pup is, but I guess when you are looking through rose colored glasses you don't see that.
You see we love Pup in Magoffin County, he is one of our own and we like and support what he does. I personally don't care what you think about him. You don't live here or work here. He is loved by family and friends, especially family ( his neice wouldn't play for anyone else).

Belfry wins:
Boy what was your great basketball minded coach thinking when she called a time out with a player in route to the basket for an easy lay up??????
You don't know anything about our coach either! First half Belfry shot 21 free throws and magoffin shot 9. That sounds like magoffin got all the calls.
eaglehoops Wrote:I've said this before, if Magoffin had a good coach who would spend time actually coaching instead of whining and putting on a show for the fans they would be almost unbeatable. A duck could win with these girls, however, with a good coach they could win a few games at state. Every game I have seen them play in which they have lost or only won by a few points, and I've seen quite a few, they have flat out been outcoached! Pup doesn't make the needed adjustments during the game and continually rants and raves about fouls. All coaches yell and scream but he could be one of the worst coaches in the 15th region. I love watching MC play but I really wish for their sake they had a better shot at winning a state title but IMO with Steve Miller at the helm it won't happen. Again, this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to cause any controversy.

You are so full of **** that it isn't even funny!! How can you say that you don't want to start any controversy,when you get on here and call out our coach as being the worst in the 15th Region?
We don't care what you think!
Congrats Magoffin
Quit arguing about coaches and talk about the game
congrats LADY HORNETS on the BIG WIN.
Tricky Wrote:Well lets see:
Eagle hoops here you are again chiming in about our coach telling use how bad he is! You wasnt at the game and you don't know crap about Pup. You guys have a lot of nerve to get on here and talk about other peoples coaches, you have two good ones in Starns and Wireman. Starns is a jerk and if you continue to employ him , the team will only be worse next year. Wireman is the bigggest of jerks, he is just as animated as Pup is, but I guess when you are looking through rose colored glasses you don't see that.
You see we love Pup in Magoffin County, he is one of our own and we like and support what he does. I personally don't care what you think about him. You don't live here or work here. He is loved by family and friends, especially family ( his neice wouldn't play for anyone else).

Belfry wins:
Boy what was your great basketball minded coach thinking when she called a time out with a player in route to the basket for an easy lay up??????
You don't know anything about our coach either! First half Belfry shot 21 free throws and magoffin shot 9. That sounds like magoffin got all the calls.

As I said this was just my opinion. You are entitled to yours and I respect that. Also, I do live in Magoffin County and I know many and I mean many who support the program but dislike the way it is ran. I agree Wireman rants and raves as well but he makes adjustments, and scouts other teams. I have talked to several MC players and they have told me they never recieve scouting reports and they hardly ever know what the other team does on offense. They win on talent! Again this is JUST MY OPINION.
i guess a win is a win no matter if they scout or just gets out coached. keep on keepin on coach miller and your lady hornets coach miller looks like you are doin what it takes to get that win so keep it up and ladys you are doin what it takes on the floor for your coach keep it up.
eaglehoops Wrote:As I said this was just my opinion. You are entitled to yours and I respect that. Also, I do live in Magoffin County and I know many and I mean many who support the program but dislike the way it is ran. I agree Wireman rants and raves as well but he makes adjustments, and scouts other teams. I have talked to several MC players and they have told me they never recieve scouting reports and they hardly ever know what the other team does on offense. They win on talent! Again this is JUST MY OPINION.

First of all the Lady Hornets are 15-3 on the season. The 3 losses were legitimate in that the teams that beat them were very tough.

Furthermore, you have no clue in what you are talking about that Magoffin Co. does not do any scouting. Magoffin Co. has someone who does scouting for both the girls and boys teams. Alot of times the coaches can't make it to games to do their own scouting due to having a game themselves or practice. But I promise that they send someone to scout.

I totally support all of the athletic programs in Magoffin Co. Do I always agree with a coaches decision, NO? But, I do know that I could not do any better than the coaches we have now. Coaching is a tough job. It has turned out to be a job 365 days per year. Also, dealing with teenagers daily is tough.

Good luck Lady Hornets, you have definitely made Magoffin Co. proud with all of your accomplishments. No matter how you finish the season you and Coach Miller have done something that no one else in the history of Magoffin Co. sports has done. Just keep up the hard work and do your best to represent your school and community.

Belfry you have a nice ball team. Great job by 1st year coach at Belfry. Good luck with the remainder of your season. Also, thank you goes to the Belfry fans that took time out of their vacation in Florida to come over and support the Lady Hornets in the Daytona Beach Sunshine Classic.
eaglehoops Wrote:As I said this was just my opinion. You are entitled to yours and I respect that. Also, I do live in Magoffin County and I know many and I mean many who support the program but dislike the way it is ran. I agree Wireman rants and raves as well but he makes adjustments, and scouts other teams. I have talked to several MC players and they have told me they never recieve scouting reports and they hardly ever know what the other team does on offense. They win on talent! Again this is JUST MY OPINION.
you heard wrong they receive scouting reports i know for a FACT they do David Patrick scouts for them dont get on here and say stuff you dont know what you are talking about
[QUOTE=eaglehoops]I do live in Magoffin County and I know many and I mean many who support the program but dislike the way it is ran. QUOTE]

You might be able to name a lot of people, but I doubt that you can name many of the real program supporters!
Congrats Magoffin
good win magoffin. Its funny how we can win and people from magoffin complain about the refs.
Belfrys coach made the right move, and by the way I make a living with my knowledge of sports.
And I know Magoffin County coach and have nothing agaisnt him but IMO he dont do what he needs to do. If he did why didnt he put the game away when he should have. And Magoffin shot alot more freethrows the second half, without the 6 freethrows at the end of the game when Belfry was catching up.
I can't believe I actually predicted the final score for this game. Good Job Lady Hornets
Pages: 1 2