Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Are The Best Runners In AA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the best runners from AA
What i mean so that it isn't to complicating is who are some of the best runners from the 15th region area like from...pikeville,valley, east ridge and so on! both boys and the girls from both teams!
i think Lawrence County boys & girls track team this year is going to have some boys & girls in the top 5 in the region & make another showing in the state finals this year
dawg4runner Wrote:i think Lawrence County boys & girls track team this year is going to have some boys & girls in the top 5 in the region & make another showing in the state finals this year

I was meaning cross country runners from this past season! sorrySmile
Girls would be the 3 girls from Shelby Valley and the top three girls from Paintsville. (Even though they are not in the same region, they are in different classes but both are in area 9)

Boys would be the 2 boys from SV and the kid from Paintsville with the weird name and the Hovee kid from June Buchanan.

The 3 girls from Paintsville finished 1,2 and 3 in region and the boy from Paintsville finished 1st at region and the Hovee kid finished 2nd at region. I don't know about the SV runners. I think both the boys and girls finished 1st as teams.

Hope this helps.
I know 4 kids from Valley signed Cross Country scholarships for Pikeville College.
[QUOTE=SamuelAdams]Girls would be the 3 girls from Shelby Valley and the top three girls from Paintsville. (Even though they are not in the same region, they are in different classes but both are in area 9)

Boys would be the 2 boys from SV and the kid from Paintsville with the weird name and the Hovee kid from June Buchanan.

The 3 girls from Paintsville finished 1,2 and 3 in region and the boy from Paintsville finished 1st at region and the Hovee kid finished 2nd at region. I don't know about the SV runners. I think both the boys and girls finished 1st as teams.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
I didn't mean for this post to sound like I thought the kid was weird, I just meant I wasn't smart enough to remember how to spell his name. So, I looked it up. Cybriwsky
Mountain Christian will be REALLY good! Last year we were the undefeated champs!!! GO FALCONS!:wenumber1
~Blair~ Wrote:Mountain Christian will be REALLY good! Last year we were the undefeated champs!!! GO FALCONS!:wenumber1

Since when did MCA start running track?....especailly with High Schoolers? and in the AA class???
From SV:

Sally Roberts in the sprints

Laura Perkins in the 800M

Larry May and Justin Smith in the mile and 2 mile
i like Zach Ratliff in the 100 & 200 from pc
SamuelAdams Wrote:Girls would be the 3 girls from Shelby Valley and the top three girls from Paintsville. (Even though they are not in the same region, they are in different classes but both are in area 9)

Hope this helps.

yea, the Hovee kid from JBHS
Yea i got a chance to see the SV kids and are you sure they signed with Pikeville...i mean i know pikeville is a crappy school but dang they should worship that and make sure it helps them get motivated because them guys were slow and looked a littled funny
who looked alittle funny? are you talking about the cc or track runners that signed with pikeville??
Russell is loaded this year.
RUSSELL — It’s called the Meet of Champions. Scott Gill and his Russell teammates brought a performance to match.

Gill outdueled Fleming County’s Jesse Roberts to the finish line in the 400 meters Tuesday night in perhaps the best race of the night at Henry R. Evans Stadium.

Along with a personal-best time of 51.44 seconds, Gill shattered his old mark in the long jump and cranked out his best high jump of the season. He also won the 100-meter dash.

A 40-point night for Russell’s multi-talented senior on a pleasant evening set the tone as Russell’s boys rolled to another title with 137 points.

“I perform better under good conditions and even better against tough competition,’’ Gill said. `

The meet allows only one athlete per school in each event.

"It’s like the State Meet,’’ Gill said. “ It pushes you to go that much harder.’’

Gill called the 400-meter effort his best race of the season. Roberts had the lead coming down the stretch but Gill caught him in the last 50 meters and won by .04.

“I tried to stay right behind and use a big kick in the last 100 meters,’’ Gill said. “At the 100-meter mark I wanted to be about even, but he was 10 or 15 feet ahead of me. I got him at the end because I was a little taller and leaned at the finish line.’’

Gill’s time about a half-second off his previous best in the event.

He established a new PR in the long jump at 22 feet, 7.5 inches and went 6 feet, 4 inches in the high jump. Gill warmed up with a winning time of 11.33 seconds in the 100 meters.

“Scott had a rough meet last week at the KOVC Championships but tonight he was just amazing,’’ said Russell coach Alice Leigh. “He’s just so well-rounded.’’

Teammate Nathan Armstrong blew away the competition in both hurdle events as Russell won for the ninth time in 10 meets.

Russell’s girls own the same record after running away from the pack to score 143 points.

Sophomore Chika Okoro received the meet’s Outstanding Performance award for her 300-meter hurdle time of 46.96 seconds.

“I’m excited about that,’’ Okoro said. “I’m just glad I’m improving at every meet.

Okoro, who began competing in the event only a few weeks ago, finished three seconds ahead of Rose Hill Christian standout Britt Faulkner.

Mason County was runner-up in the girls division with 76.5 points. Fleming County took second on the boys’ side with 92 points in a field of 16 teams

ROCKY STANLEY can be reached at [email]rstanley@dailyindependent.com[/email] or (606) 326-2671.
[Image: printicon.gif] [Image: mailicon.gif] [Image: comments.gif]
i think cory mullins for 100 and 200 and matt damron for 400
From Powell County Boys: Corey Dimaline, Wyatt Denniston, and Kevin Jarvis.
Girls: Tenny Ostrem, and Brooke Tyra.
magoffin county had a good cc runner phillip francis on the boys team, and katelyn minix for the girls team ...i believe this was her 2nd year running getting to go to state both years and i believe she still has 1 more year left not sure tho...I think francis ran all 4 years of high school...he represented the school well and hopefully minix will come back and have an even better year.
I want to know who has some of the best times and will be the most competitive in state in the 400 meter dash. Not to be rude but please don't brag on people from your school just because there from your school. I want to know of people who run sub 52's on a regular basis and will more than likely be competing in the 400 come region and state time.
umm not to be rude but people can talk about who ever they wish to whether they are from there school or not.
rcdimaline Wrote:I want to know who has some of the best times and will be the most competitive in state in the 400 meter dash. Not to be rude but please don't brag on people from your school just because there from your school. I want to know of people who run sub 52's on a regular basis and will more than likely be competing in the 400 come region and state time.

Here were the prelims from last year, the rest would take a little research. 1 Spencer Head 12 Highlands 49.86 49.70Q 1
2 Andrew Warmath 12 Paducah Tilghman 51.27 51.02Q 2
3 JJ Hall 12 Lloyd Memorial 50.69 50.03Q 1
4 Jesse Shelton 12 Spencer County 52.21 51.81Q 2
5 Jesse Roberts 12 Fleming County 51.69 51.40Q 1
6 Scott Gill 12 Russell 49.88 51.92Q 2
7 Kyle Belcher 12 DeSales 51.15 51.42q 1
8 Cory Dimaline 11 Powell County 52.31 51.56q 1
9 Justin Lafavers 12 Russell County 51.58 52.16 2
10 Willie Hogan 11 Franklin County 51.91 52.43 1
11 Tyler Mays 10 Mercer County 50.68 52.56 2
12 Chris Black 11 Elizabethtown 52.37 52.70 1
13 Derek Kirk 12 Boyle County 52.01 52.86 2
14 John Jones 12 Paducah Tilghman 53.81 52.86 1
15 Truman Padgett 09 Larue County 52.96 55.13 2
16 Kevin Jarvis 11 Powell County 54.26 55.34 2
runnergal4 Wrote:umm not to be rude but people can talk about who ever they wish to whether they are from there school or not.

Umm not to be rude but idc if you talk about your friend who runs a 1:03 400 but don't tell me hes going to win state. All i was asking is not to hype up someone who has little to no chance. I'm just looking for the best 400 runners in the state at the 2A level.