Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Statutory Rape Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's say a person has been alive for 24 years, but was born on a leap year, so technically would only be 6. Would an adult who has sexual relations with them be committing a crime if the 6 year old chooses to press charges?
iono but that'd be messed up if they did!!
I'm not exactly sure because I'm not certain on how that works exactly. I wouldn't think it would be statutory rape becuase if someone is born on leap year then they would usually pick either Feb. 28th or March 1st to celebrate their birthday. If it was anything then I assume it would just be rape but that's only if it wasn't consentual.
They are legally 24 years old, not 6. They are considered 24 years old, not 6. An adult having a relationship with them would not be considered to be engaging in statutory rape.
Were you being serious with this question Fritz?
DTfan Wrote:I'm not exactly sure because I'm not certain on how that works exactly. I wouldn't think it would be statutory rape becuase if someone is born on leap year then they would usually pick either Feb. 28th or March 1st to celebrate their birthday. If it was anything then I assume it would just be rape but that's only if it wasn't consentual.

They normally pick one to celebrate yearly and consider themselves like they're old enough from having one every year, but a lot of people still will say "technically I'm only..........." It would originally be consentual, but after a break up, or for whatever reason, a person could just say that they're only 8 so it had to have been rape.

alfus21 Wrote:Were you being serious with this question Fritz?

Was it not a valid question?

Also, considering how our legal system is, it wouldn't surprise me.

But, was it not a valid question? Tell me why it wasn't........
BFritz Wrote:Was it not a valid question?

Also, considering how our legal system is, it wouldn't surprise me.

But, was it not a valid question? Tell me why it wasn't........

It's no offense to you, but it just seems like common sense. People who's birthday falls on that day celebrate it the day before, and biological age which in turn usually determines the maturity and decision making of a person would be all that mattered.
alfus21 Wrote:It's no offense to you, but it just seems like common sense. People who's birthday falls on that day celebrate it the day before, and biological age which in turn usually determines the maturity and decision making of a person would be all that mattered.

My mistake for taking it the wrong way.

I was pointing out that our legal system can be stupid with technicalities that they might charge someone.
Though people do manage to find every loophole and technicality that exists within the judicial system, I honestly don't think that a statutory rape charge on the basis of a leap year birthday would be questionable. My personal opinion only. I just hope to GOD that NO judge on the face of the Earth would go for this.
thetribe Wrote:Though people do manage to find every loophole and technicality that exists within the judicial system, I honestly don't think that a statutory rape charge on the basis of a leap year birthday would be questionable. My personal opinion only. I just hope to GOD that NO judge on the face of the Earth would go for this.

Stupid as it may be, people would argue that it's the law, and that our country is based on justice, so I bet that pretty many judges would have no choice.
The law IS the law and the law for statutory rape applies to certain ages, I understand that but my point is, the law isn't going to say that a man's age is based on his birthday being on Leap Day.
thetribe Wrote:The law IS the law and the law for statutory rape applies to certain ages, I understand that but my point is, the law isn't going to say that a man's age is based on his birthday being on Leap Day.

Our law's done things that are a lot more stupid than that........
No.. they would be 24... they could still be raped.. but wouldn't be a minor
Fritz, are you dating someone that was born on leap day?
BC75 Wrote:Fritz, are you dating someone that was born on leap day?

No No No..... Just have a lot of interesting thoughts (some people call them interesting, other people call them dimented, disturbing, etc. Smile )
lol Sure.
Your age really goes by how many actual years you have lived when it comes down to someone who was born on Leap Day... legally.

If you go by your birthdate alone, then you're not basing your age on years your basing your age on every four years... which still would make you multiply how many birthdays you have had four-fold.

Confused yet?

Just cause you don't have a birthday doesn't mean a year did not pass.
I guess they couldn't, technically, get a drivers license until they were 64 ???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I guess they couldn't, technically, get a drivers license until they were 64 ???

Thats exactly what I was going to post when I got to the end and you beat me too it :thumpsup:
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I guess they couldn't, technically, get a drivers license until they were 64 ???

How old would they be before they could technically, purchase and comsume alcohol???? LOL.... When my mom was pregnant with me the due date was on Feb. 29th that year....I was just a little late considering my birthday is on March 8th...
I wish I was born on Leap Day...LOL