Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 73 Cordia 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from HCHS.

If you think I'm going to tout Carmical's abilities again; you are correct.

I don't know how many points this kid had, but it is more than just scoring. This kid is the complete package and I am so excited to see where he goes from here. He is such a pleasure to watch.

Shout out to Andrew Creech, too. That kid doesn't know the word "stop". He gives so much every time he takes the floor.

Great game tonight Bears! Congratulations on your win.
What's happened to Cordia since their All A state championship? They're getting trounced by everyone.
I will sum it up real quick for you. First of all they agreed to play Clay at clay on senior night with Ritchie Farmer in attendance. The university of Kentucky couldn't have beat them on that night. My god! Anyone in their right mind knows that's a done deal.
And I'm sure that the same officials called the Harlan game. The 13th region officials will never allow an outside time like Cordia to win.
Rhodes is like a sacrificial lamb for the 13th region this week. His team is 20 points better than both of them.
Boom. Go Bears!!!
I tell you what has happened they don't have anything to play for their season was over in the mind of the players since they won the all A. They have practiced very little and last night their starting point gard and second leading scorer did not even dress. This does not even look like the same team since the all A state tourney.
#14 isn't a starting point guard? Wow. He should be. He took every single one of our players to task last night. I was very impressed with him!

Paparazzi Wrote:And I'm sure that the same officials called the Harlan game. The 13th region officials will never allow an outside time like Cordia to win.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

And as far as a sacrificial lamb is concerned, I saw Rhodes stand up from the bench one time and it wasn't to give instruction to his team. Outside of what was said during time outs, he communicated NONE with his team. Cordia may have given up but from I saw last night, it was Cordia's coach that threw in the towel.
Granny Bear Wrote:Final from HCHS.

If you think I'm going to tout Carmical's abilities again; you are correct.

I don't know how many points this kid had, but it is more than just scoring. This kid is the complete package and I am so excited to see where he goes from here. He is such a pleasure to watch.

Shout out to Andrew Creech, too. That kid doesn't know the word "stop". He gives so much every time he takes the floor.

Great game tonight Bears! Congratulations on your win.

Go Bears :Cheerlead
Paparazzi Wrote:And I'm sure that the same officials called the Harlan game. The 13th region officials will never allow an outside time like Cordia to win.

:lame:Confusedtare:
Congrats to the Bears on a solid win, the 13th region tournament should be a dandy.
I agree. You talk about a toss up!!!

The referees aren't the reason they got beat by 20+ the last two games. In the Clay game Cordia didn't use their size or athelteicism. As a matter of fact a much smaller Clay team out rebounded them 40-19. When a smaller team crushes a bigger team on the glass that much it says a lot about the effort of both teams. Not the officiating.
Paparazzi Wrote:Rhodes is like a sacrificial lamb for the 13th region this week. His team is 20 points better than both of them.

One of the most ridiculous statements I've seen on here. The 13th has five teams that could have won the state All A if they were eligible.
Not 20pts better, but they're not as bad as their last 3 game either.
Maybe Cordia's pulled a Leslie County and threw in the towel.
Harlan County is or real! This team is a legitimate contender in the 13th. I also agree with Granny on Carmichael, that kid does it all...the best player on the floor, an the best pure point guard I've seen in a while!!
[Image: HqItdMB.png]

More mash taters please!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:#14 isn't a starting point guard? Wow. He should be. He took every single one of our players to task last night. I was very impressed with him!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

And as far as a sacrificial lamb is concerned, I saw Rhodes stand up from the bench one time and it wasn't to give instruction to his team. Outside of what was said during time outs, he communicated NONE with his team. Cordia may have given up but from I saw last night, it was Cordia's coach that threw in the towel.
The reason he didn't stand up was because he couldn't keita got a technical for dunking in warmups and the refs told Rhodes he had to sit for the game. Cordia has thrown in the towel I have herd some of the kids say it they don't have anything to play for at this point. Cordia has looked bad these last three games I wish they would not have even played they if they weren't going to give it 100% cordia has proven they can play with anybody in the state good or bad. That NCC team and that Murry team they beat in the all a was good I think NCC is ranked 10th in the state. Cordia is a lot better than people have seen in the last 3 games.
But I don't understand why the kids don't think they have anything left to play for. If that's true, then it really is sad.
Granny Bear Wrote:But I don't understand why the kids don't think they have anything left to play for. If that's true, then it really is sad.
I agree with you when I played I played every play like it was the last. But I don't think anyone understands how it feels not to have a post season. The two seniors one of which was the starting point guard that was not there last night and the second leading scorer on the team. They are both just bummed out they are in panic mode. And I don't know why I think they are just scared about moving on. One has a full ride to UK on academic scholarship and the other one
(Chisom) is signing with Alice Lloyd on Monday. Btw he picked ALC over LMU just becaus he like the area. Personally as a fan I sorta felt the same way after they won it but I got over it.
Da Bears
I think maybe they were just not as good as some fans were touting them as being June Buchanan had them beat in the 14th All A and blew it. Hazard took them to the wire in the All A and that was before they got the Frazier kid. Harlan County is a top notch team and the 13th has several very good teams. As I have said on here before that regional tourney will probably be one of the best in the state. The truth is out there. Brother Cecil.
I'm sorry but Cordia has a few athletic players but on the defensive side of the ball they looked terrible........I was not impressed at all.......you can blame officials, Richie Farmer, senior night or whatever but they didn't impress me at all..........I think the kid that just transferred in and isn't eligible yet could have taken 4 over weight guys out of the stands and put up a better game than the rest of Cordia's players did.