Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 64 Southwestern 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow! Final from somerset
This does not surprise me, you see this all the time in sports. SW had nothing to play for, and this was Somersets state championship. But, as I have said before, Cothran is the best coach in Pulaski County. PC administration should be fired for letting him get away. If he had been the coach at PC for the last 10 years, PC would have 3-4 regional championships.
Nice win for the Bunnies...
Wow!!!
Great win for the Jumper program. Kudos to Coach Cothran on an outstanding coaching job. Somerset is lucky to have him. I think SW is a bit overrated though. Very good but not great. Alot of hype with that team but dont think they are a state contender yet. Hope I am wrong come March.
I disagree with Warrior 2002. YOU must NOT have been at the game last night. Southwestern played their hearts out, they did NOT want to lose! These two teams played one of the hardest fought high school basketball games that I've seen in a long time. Neither team led by more than 5 at any point. Bodies flying, kids diving on the floor. Awesome game between two rivals. Southwestern is an OUTSTANDING TEAM. SHS is a LOT better than anyone knows or gives them credit for as their record does not indicate it. SHS starts four sophomores with only ONE of them with previous varsity experience. They are learning how to win games in the fourth quarter finally. Congratulation to the Jumpers on a huge win for the program.
Very nice win :Cheerlead
Gover being in foul trouble was the difference in the game. As badly as SW played, if Gover is not spending big minutes on the bench SW still wins handily. Gover sets the tone for SW, if he struggles SW struggles.
Great Game
Bunnies!!!
Warrior 2002 Wrote:This does not surprise me, you see this all the time in sports. SW had nothing to play for, and this was Somersets state championship. But, as I have said before, Cothran is the best coach in Pulaski County. PC administration should be fired for letting him get away. If he had been the coach at PC for the last 10 years, PC would have 3-4 regional championships.
I agree 100%. He may be top 3 or 4 coach in the 12th region.
Not trying to take anything away from Somerset, SW was just out coaches late and foul trouble hurt them early on.
A great win !!!!