Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 49 Belfry 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game played at PHS

Score at half -

Belfry 22 Pikeville 18

In the 4th with 5 minutes to go fouls were Belfry 8 Pikeville 1

Pikeville 21 FT's Belfry 11 FT's

Good atmoshpere
I bet it was a great atmosphere considering these two teams are probably #1 and #2 in the county.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I bet it was a great atmosphere considering these two teams are probably #1 and #2 in the county.

It was!!!

Belfry also played without a starter in Hill and a key big guy in Blackburn but Pikeville didn't shoot as well as they do normally.

When Belfry started fouling Pikeville was up 5. Pikeville made FT's and Belfry could convert on their end.
JD If U Please Wrote:Game played at PHS

Score at half -

Belfry 22 Pikeville 18

In the 4th with 5 minutes to go fouls were Belfry 8 Pikeville 1

Pikeville 21 FT's Belfry 11 FT's

Good atmoshpere

So Belfry had to foul and Pikeville still outscored them from the field. Belfry didn't have all their players, the sun got in their eyes, and they had bad karma. Other than that, Pikeville won.
jetpilot Wrote:So Belfry had to foul and Pikeville still outscored them from the field. Belfry didn't have all their players, the sun got in their eyes, and they had bad karma. Other than that, Pikeville won.

Did I say anything Like that?

I gave stats, you interpert tham the way you want to.

Pikeville was better than Belfry last night, but they are not going to walk away with the County title like so many of you have predicted.
JD If U Please Wrote:Pikeville was better than Belfry last night, but they are not going to walk away with the County title like so many of you have predicted.

we will see
Pikeville will walk away with county with ease, possibly seeing trouble from Belfry but i doubt it their kids tend to play better during tournys JMO
Pikeville went to BCI this weekend as well as belfry. belfry beat n.kentucky knicks by 5 and lost the other two but not sure of the scores.
Pikeville lost to whitley county by 9, beat leslie county by 12, beat n. kentucky by 11., and lost to clay by 11. Clay was men amongst boys to every team there. Virgie got beat by them 71-17. pikeville lost 57-46.
Belfry lost by 19 to Clay Co. lead never got above 9 until the 3rd Belfry wore down and Clay Co. pressed the WHOLE game with starters which was not cool in my book but hey what can you do

#14 for Clay was nice.

Belfry lost to Gray by 17 Sun. morning

From what I saw the top teams -

Clay Co.
Lex. Cath
Gray
Whitley
Congrats Pikeville
NEXT Wrote:Belfry lost by 19 to Clay Co. lead never got above 9 until the 3rd Belfry wore down and Clay Co. pressed the WHOLE game with starters which was not cool in my book but hey what can you do

#14 for Clay was nice.

Belfry lost to Gray by 17 Sun. morning

From what I saw the top teams -

Clay Co.
Lex. Cath
Gray
Whitley

I would probably throw in Mason County as well. The game between them and Catholic went to the wire this morning.
so your saying talk about belfry losing other than pikeville doing something?
mason county lost every game
panther- Wrote:mason county lost every game

Whether they lost every game or not, they still had a tough team. Most of the teams there were very tough. To play with Catholic, any team would have to be pretty good. I watched Hindman lose every game last year down there, but they had a really tough team.
panther- Wrote:so your saying talk about belfry losing other than pikeville doing something?

?????
Pikeville won 3 games and lost 1
pikevillepanther#11 Wrote:Pikeville won 3 games and lost 1

Are you talking about BCI? Didn't they go 2-2, losing to Whitley County and Clay and beating Twenhofel and Leslie?
Belfry should have won this game, absent players or not.....there was enough talent there that night 2 win....Belfrys big men really stood out
id have to say belfry was off balance that game.
JD If U Please Wrote:Did I say anything Like that?

Pikeville was better than Belfry last night, but they are not going to walk away with the County title like so many of you have predicted.

thats what you thought..but u was wrong..and pikeville has already got county won next year also..7th grade was 21-0