Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Harlan County for real this year or what? 19-4 record. Can they win the region? Thoughts?
Yes and yes. Definite contender
Can win. One of several teams thst can win 13th
Harlan County can absolutely win this region. So can every other single team! LOL In many years of watching basketball, this year is the widest opened that I can remember.

It will be a great tournament!!
They have just as good of a chance as anyone else in the region. Very good team.
outstanding team very entertaining to watch they may win region
Team has a shot to win, however I think everyone will pick either South Laurel or Clay county
Cam Carmical and Treyce Spurlock are two top 10 players in the region to go along with some solid sophomores.
TSizzle Wrote:Is Harlan County for real this year or what? 19-4 record. Can they win the region? Thoughts?

Yes they are for real and can win the region. Region winner will more than likely be one of the following;

South Laurel
North Laurel
Clay Co
Harlan Co

Teams with a slim chance;

Corbin
Whitley Co
Knox Central
Granny Bear Wrote:One of the more impressive facts about this team; there are no Seniors!

If they stay healthy, they will contend for at least two more years if not more.

Harlan Co will be one of the pre season favorites for sure next season along with North Laurel. Corbin and South Laurel won't be far behind.
HC Starting Lineup

Carmical- JR
Spurlock- JR
Nolan- SOPH
Simmons- SOPH
Turner- JR

Top Reserves

Creech- SOPH
Burkhart- SOPH
Branson- SOPH

Plus a solid freshman class, final 4 in Region freshman tourney. And several promising 8th graders in the county. Lots of promise at HCHS!
The Bears can beat anyone in the region. Other than South and Clay they would be favored against anyone in the region.
Coach Jones has done an outstanding job building this team and being really a year ahead of building a regional contender. HCHS is going to be solid for the next 3-4 years. Their better years could be ahead, and that is pretty impressive.
Yes Hills Coach Jones has done an excellent job. However I would says their best yrs are now. Won't have a Kid like Carmichael come around too often at HC
Absolutely they can win it. The 13th is going to be one of the better regional tourneys in the state. I'm not from your region but I know Granny Bear would go in orbit if they were to win it this year. The truth is out there. Brother Cecil.
Yes Brother Cecil....I can see me orbiting The Arena now!

Confusednicker:
A point gaurd like Carmichael is rare. Without him they're mediocre and not even the best team in their district, he's that important. He‘s a coach on the floor.