Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 58 Corbin 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. :yikes: congratulations Whitley County. Biiigggg win tonight. Showdown with South Laurel 02-13-16 for District Champs.
LoL
A big win for the Colonels at Corbin tonight as Josh Richardson stepped up and hit some big shots for Whitley.
Congrats to Whitley. They could be the spoiler in the 13th. Very underrated.
Since the second game determines the tie breaker, Whitley can now get the one seed if they upset South. Could pit corbin and south against each other in district.
Corbin is very suspect. Do not look for them to go far.
^
You would think, but it wouldn't surprise me if they also won region. They could lose first round of district and not make region or win the whole dang thing. I think there are a few teams in the 13th like that this year.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Corbin is very suspect. Do not look for them to go far.

Corbin struggles at times putting the ball in the hole, which can bite you at any time.

I read where the Richardson kid from Whitley was avg. 2 pts a game and went off for 20 of the Colonels' 58 points in this one, including 12 in the 4th qtr and also made 5 threes.
Way to go Colonels!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
You would think, but it wouldn't surprise me if they also won region. They could lose first round of district and not make region or win the whole dang thing. I think there are a few teams in the 13th like that this year.

First of all congratulations to the Colonels for their victory over the Hounds!!

IMO, you could flip a coin in the 13th, and have just as good of an opportunity of choosing the champ. I've never seen this region so wide opened! I like that! Should be some great games in the tournament.
The favorites change night to night.
The guy that always posts about what a terrible coach Whitley County has is silent on this tread.
rojas Wrote:The guy that always posts about what a terrible coach Whitley County has is silent on this tread.

I don't know who would say that. Coach Overbey has done an excellent job at WC.
thehills Wrote:I don't know who would say that. Coach Overbey has done an excellent job at WC.

:Thumbs:
rojas Wrote:The guy that always posts about what a terrible coach Whitley County has is silent on this tread.

Overbey has probably won more games in district in the few years he's been here then the latest 10 coaches did.
Just the facts.

No I'm still here don't think he is a great coach, he has a better team than Corbin IMO.
Someone told me that Chris Baker is the only coach that Whitley has ever had that had a winning record, is this correct?
cherokee Wrote:Someone told me that Chris Baker is the only coach that Whitley has ever had that had a winning record, is this correct?

That's a good question.
I would have to do some digging, but looking back over the years that I personally know of, Rich Prewitt may have had a winning record in the 90's?

I do know Maxey, Combs, Deaton, and Guffey all had losing records.

Evans actually had a 26-25 record at Whitley so it was a winning record, albeit a bad two years.

Baker did have a winning record as well.

Overbey still has a way to go to get back to .500

Whats sad is I have to name this many coaches only going back 15 years.

Old Jacket may be able to help out, but maybe in the early 80's when Whitley had a few good years in a row there was a couple of coaches who had winning records.

Going back that far I may get my football and basketball mixed up, but didn't Carr, Davenport, Jewell, or Veach also coach some basketball?