Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia 47- Newport Central Catholic 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Big win for Cordia. Still have a tough game vs either Owen or Murray. Should be a fun game to watch either way. I still believe the All A is meaningless and just another mid season tourney. But this is Cordia's only chance to make a statement this year. So congrats to them.
Great win !!!!!!!
Congrats to Cordia. Easy for a 5A school to say it is meaningless. Specially when they are in s region where half the teams are eligible to play in the All A.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Cordia. Easy for a 5A school to say it is meaningless. Specially when they are in s region where half the teams are eligible to play in the All A.

Perry won the WYMT an it was stacked with good teams. And guess what. It was meaningless as well. I'm not hating on Cordia. I just think people put to much value into mid season tournaments when they don't mean anything in the end.
Good solid win for the Lions. They should beat Murray and win it all.
Only a 120 team tournament with teams across the state. Not like winning a prestigious tournament 15 minutes from home. What ever the Dores do is greater than what anybody else does.
Congrats to the Lions. Hopefully you bring the title home to the mountains
E's Army Wrote:Only a 120 team tournament with teams across the state. Not like winning a prestigious tournament 15 minutes from home. What ever the Dores do is greater than what anybody else does.

Do you have trouble comprehending. I said ALL mid season tournaments are meaningless. Even when Perry wins then. If you wanna be a dick about it then honestly the WYMT field is better then The All A field was top to bottom.
I actually believe the All A field was better then Wymt. I would put New Cath,Cordia,Lex Christian, Brossart,Murray,Owen and U Heights up against those in the Wymt. Not trying to start an argument but I was at both tourneys and this is my honest opinion.
dore20 Wrote:Do you have trouble comprehending. I said ALL mid season tournaments are meaningless. Even when Perry wins then. If you wanna be a dick about it then honestly the WYMT field is better then The All A field was top to bottom.

Lets see Taylor County beats PCC on a neutral floor and Owen County beats Taylor County and South Laurel but loses to Murray on a neutral floor. Then Cordia beats Murray on a neutral floor.
What in the hell are you guys going on about. Congrats to Cordia and who the heck cares if the WYMT is a better tournament than the all a. Good god! The bottom line is PCC and Yhe Lions can play with anyone in the state of Ky.
Just having conversation paparazzi, easy now
cherokee Wrote:Lets see Taylor County beats PCC on a neutral floor and Owen County beats Taylor County and South Laurel but loses to Murray on a neutral floor. Then Cordia beats Murray on a neutral floor.

Taylor barley beat Perry without Tobler. With him Perry wins by ten
cherokee Wrote:Lets see Taylor County beats PCC on a neutral floor and Owen County beats Taylor County and South Laurel but loses to Murray on a neutral floor. Then Cordia beats Murray on a neutral floor.

You gotta know that means nothing.

I'm not saying anything about Perry bearing any of those teams, but common opponents don't mean a lot.
dore20 Wrote:Big win for Cordia. Still have a tough game vs either Owen or Murray. Should be a fun game to watch either way. I still believe the All A is meaningless and just another mid season tourney. But this is Cordia's only chance to make a statement this year. So congrats to them.

I am a fan of both Cordia and PCC, but that is complete bullcrap. Every fan of a single A school who truly are fans of that school will say differently as well as every player who played on those teams. Didn't Justin Hicks play on the Hazard team that won it? Im sure he would say differently, as well as Heston Beverly. When Hazard won the All A and when Dilce won the All A fans loved seeing that because many single A schools never get the chance to play in the sweet 16.

And it is easy for a fan of a big school to say that when several of the fans from the same region are single A schools. I played at Cordia and my freshman year we made it to the semi-finals and lost to a Hazard team who had Bell County transfers and we didn't complain not one time, and even the 14th All A was a big deal to us that year. To try and downgrade that tournament is bullcrap!