Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 52 Bell County 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it was obvious that both teams haven't played a game in a while.

This wasn't a pretty game, but a win is a win!!
Thankful that Carmical didn't foul out. We needed his leadership tonight. Officials were way too high profile in this game, IMO.

Congratulations Black Bears!!!
Congrats Bears
Bam! Go Bears!!! Bell's style isn't pretty any way you want to look at it. It's like watching Dean Smith all over again.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, it was obvious that both teams haven't played a game in a while.

Thankful that Carmical didn't foul out. We needed his leadership tonight. Officials were way too high profile in this game, IMO.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme with the officiating in the 13th...
Congrats Blake Bears.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, it was obvious that both teams haven't played a game in a while.

I agree with Granny and Count. Officials in the 13th seem to think the fans are coming to watch them.
I don't like it when the tempo of the game gets out of control. It incites the crowd, and makes for more dangerous play. But this is JMO...lots of folks might disagree.

Oh, Count....it's Black Bears!

Smile
Confusednicker:
"Too high profile" is being too nice. Those three officials were a disgrace!! The way that game was called was an embarrassment! I've never seen so many upset fans (on both sides).
Upset fans you will always see...what bothered me were the injured kids......on BOTH sides.
Granny Bear Wrote:Upset fans you will always see...what bothered me were the injured kids......on BOTH sides.

I don't know what, but something has to be done about the situation with the officials...A kid is gonna get a serious injury and that is not acceptable.
It amazes me how people talk out both sides of there mouth.. Too many fouls, someone going to get hurt, official are there to be seen.. Blah blah blah.. We are not very good so we have to make it an ugly game. If they don't call fouls, there will be a fight or it turns to football and we beat your $$s in that game.. It was a ugly game because neither team is very good!!
#4 and tall skinny kid for Harlan Co were the only two basketball players on the floor... Only two!!!!
I disagree.

I don't mind the foul calling as long as it's consistent. It appears that the officials have been lectured to watch "two hands being placed on the offensive player" new ruling. So we get touch calls for fouls, but a kid can literally run over another kid and no call. Which lends itself to a physical "get back" situation, which leads to the crowd being incited.

I think it absolutely IS a dangerous situation that could lead to major injuries.

But, like I said, it is JMO.

Oh, and there were more than 2 good athletes on that floor.
Bobcat4years Wrote:It amazes me how people talk out both sides of there mouth.. Too many fouls, someone going to get hurt, official are there to be seen.. Blah blah blah.. We are not very good so we have to make it an ugly game. If they don't call fouls, there will be a fight or it turns to football and we beat your $$s in that game.. It was a ugly game because neither team is very good!!
#4 and tall skinny kid for Harlan Co were the only two basketball players on the floor... Only two!!!!

I wouldn't say both teams aren't very good. Harlan County is pretty solid....they are a team to watch come region time. I totally agree with County and Granny on the officials......there is no consistency at all in the foul calling and it makes it very hard on the kids playing the game....Also calling hand checks and not calling hard fouls will let games get out of hand and emotions high and someone will end up getting hurt.
Bell County is decent and Harlan County is top 3 intl the region. They are 16-4 and have wins over South Laurel, Knox Central, barbourville, Letcher Central, as well as runner up at the mountain classic. I believe they are currently the #6 team in the mountain top 10. So, to say they aren't very good means you are misinformed or just ignorant. Again, the refs were terrible. Anyone in attendance, coaches included, would agree!!
Congrats to da Bears
Black bears can be there at the end period.