Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 103 Barbourville 102 (3OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. What a game from both teams. :worthy::worthy::worthy:
Wow!!! 205 points in one game. Had to have been a barn burner.

Congratulations Hounds!
Triple ot wasn't it?
HAROLD Wrote:Triple ot wasn't it?
Triple OT. Corbin's Andrew Taylor with 49 points. Made big shot after big shot. Playing on another level now. That being said, Barbouville's coach made a rookie mistake that probably cost the Tigers the game. They were up 3 with 5 seconds left in the second OT and instead of fouling a Corbin player so they would have to shoot 2 free throws, they let Taylor drive the length of the floor and he passed to the Maguet kid who hit a 3 from the corner at the buzzer to tie it with no time left on the clock and sent it to the 3rd OT.
jamesdeane Wrote:Triple OT. Corbin's Andrew Taylor with 49 points. Made big shot after big shot. Playing on another level now. That being said, Barbouville's coach made a rookie mistake that probably cost the Tigers the game. They were up 3 with 5 seconds left in the second OT and instead of fouling a Corbin player so they would have to shoot 2 free throws, they let Taylor drive the length of the floor and he passed to the Maguet kid who hit a 3 from the corner at the buzzer to tie it with no time left on the clock and sent it to the 3rd OT.

You never know. I have seen this work the other way too. Kid makes first free throw, misses second on purpose teammate puts rebound in.
^Me too. A coach does the best he can do with what he has at the time.....

Hind sight is always 20/20.
Wish I could have seen this game. Heard the atmosphere was great.
Congrats to the Hounds
jamesdeane Wrote:Triple OT. Corbin's Andrew Taylor with 49 points. Made big shot after big shot. Playing on another level now. That being said, Barbouville's coach made a rookie mistake that probably cost the Tigers the game. They were up 3 with 5 seconds left in the second OT and instead of fouling a Corbin player so they would have to shoot 2 free throws, they let Taylor drive the length of the floor and he passed to the Maguet kid who hit a 3 from the corner at the buzzer to tie it with no time left on the clock and sent it to the 3rd OT.

That's the most points by a Redhound in years