Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 61 Clay County 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Manchester. Congratulations to North Laurel
Shockwaves in the region tonight when you couple this with the South-Corbin game. This one was really huge for North, at Clay, Sexton back for the Tigers. Should give North top seed in district, although not as important this year. More important for North's overall confidence.
Did it again, that Jean Claude is too quick for me. Granny Bear could you do your magic again and combine the threads?
First game- foulfest
2Nd game-mugging

13Th region refs are terrible, dont have a clue on how to be consistent. Congrats to North, played hard all night, that gray kid is gonna be a baller before hes done. Clay missed way to many free throws tonight!
Maybe the coaches should teach kids to play and stop fouling the hell out of each other. Went to Manchester tonight and watched a great game. Officials had no impact on game. The Old Clay Co would guard your tail off. Clay guards no one!!
Didn't say the officals had an impact on the game, just that they are overall by far the worst ive ever seen. And the 13th has the reputation of having the worst in the state. North won, cause 1. played better than clay, 2. norths Role players out played clays 3. played way better defense than clay.
The officials always impact the game, IMO.

Congratulations Jaguars!!
Sorry Van Hagar we must have been typing at the same time again. As they say great minds think alike!
Tigers hit free throws, they win. Just one man's opinion. Congrats Jags. Two very evenly matched teams that will be factors in tournament play.
Congratulations Jaguars!
My take on the game......It seemed to me that some players on clay played with a lot more energy when the teams met at North.......North played with a lot more energy and hit their foul shots....I thought Gray was a big lift for North and he was the difference maker in the 2nd half. I agree with BrokenArrow.....the 13th region officials are terrible. They are so inconsistent that players can't adjust during the game. One play they call a hand check and then the next they will let a player get tackled to the floor. I don't get it.....This does set up a heated rubber match for the district championship game if both teams can do their job and get there........
This is two good teams .
cchsfan4life Wrote:My take on the game......It seemed to me that some players on clay played with a lot more energy when the teams met at North.......North played with a lot more energy and hit their foul shots....I thought Gray was a big lift for North and he was the difference maker in the 2nd half. I agree with BrokenArrow.....the 13th region officials are terrible. They are so inconsistent that players can't adjust during the game. One play they call a hand check and then the next they will let a player get tackled to the floor. I don't get it.....This does set up a heated rubber match for the district championship game if both teams can do their job and get there........

I agree, I thought this game meant a lot more to North, they really needed a win over Clay more so than the other way around, and I thought it showed on the floor that way. This North bunch is grittier than the last few North teams, when they got down 19-9 in the first half it would have been over in years past. But Clay will be a different animal in the postseason. Surely both teams will get to the district finals, and they will be a good one, but the only one that would really matter is if they meet in the regional finals like they did in 2012. At least then we would have 11th region officials calling the game....
This years regional tournament will be like the NCAA tournament.......there are at least 5 teams with the potential to get hot and win it......so it wouldn't shock me one bit if Clay and North end up in the finals. I would love to see them play with different officials that would actually call a consistent game.
This years 13th region tournament has the potential to be the best in many years, if not ever! So many potential match ups that could be epic games! It.'s gonna be great! And as a bonus there's gonna be several really good district games to boot.
Congrats Jags. New sherif in town
This was a great game to watch ! NL is for real, I thought Sizemore did a great job of running the show for NL - great win for the Jags - I still think Clay will win the 13th though and make a run in the State Tourney !