Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region standings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the season winds down how is the 14th region stacking up?
First round exit in the state tournament as usual.
If PCC wins the region tourney, they can defiantly win game(s) in the Sweet Sixteen !
The Commodores are heads above the competition in the 14th and they can play with anyone in the state this year.
Beware the Dores
I have an eerie feeling there will be an upset in the 14th this year. I honestly don't think it will matter who wins it though, the only way a 14th region team will win a game at Rupp is with an easy draw. I think 3-4 teams have a chance to cut down the nets at region though.

Also, anyone know anything about the new transfer at HHS?
I don't think Perry Central is head and shoulders above anyone else. Letcher Central has probably the best big man in the region in Carter and they have a shot at winning region as well. Knott Central is still defending champs but they are in a rough spot. Breathitt County can't be overlooked.

So within that, I would not even consider or pencil in Perry as champs right now because they may get Hazard in the first round of district and they may have an early exit and not even make it to region, not saying I'm against PCC or that I don't think they can win it because they most certainly can win region.

But, I honestly don't think it matter's who win regions (as fans) (coaches, players, fans, parents, etc. etc.) get all excited over it (which they should be), because they will more than likely win a game then get bounced, if they don't get bounced in the first round.

Knott Central had more talent in the last 4/5 years than any other team in the region NOW, and they still couldn't get past the 2nd round of the sweet 16. (Not a shot at KCC, sorry if it seems that way)
Strikeout King Wrote:I don't think Perry Central is head and shoulders above anyone else. Letcher Central has probably the best big man in the region in Carter and they have a shot at winning region as well. Knott Central is still defending champs but they are in a rough spot. Breathitt County can't be overlooked.

So within that, I would not even consider or pencil in Perry as champs right now because they may get Hazard in the first round of district and they may have an early exit and not even make it to region, not saying I'm against PCC or that I don't think they can win it because they most certainly can win region.

But, I honestly don't think it matter's who win regions (as fans) (coaches, players, fans, parents, etc. etc.) get all excited over it (which they should be), because they will more than likely win a game then get bounced, if they don't get bounced in the first round.

Knott Central had more talent in the last 4/5 years than any other team in the region NOW, and they still couldn't get past the 2nd round of the sweet 16. (Not a shot at KCC, sorry if it seems that way)

First of all Carter at Letcher is not a big man. He's a guard that shoots it almost every time down the floor. They are a competitive team however. Hazard is Perrys main threat with their new transfer if he blends in. It doesn't appear that you have watched many of the teams across the state this year. I have watched everyone except Mercer and there's not a team that Perry can't play with. With a decent draw they can win a couple games.
Paparazzi Wrote:First of all Carter at Letcher is not a big man. He's a guard that shoots it almost every time down the floor. They are a competitive team however. Hazard is Perrys main threat with their new transfer if he blends in. It doesn't appear that you have watched many of the teams across the state this year. I have watched everyone except Mercer and there's not a team that Perry can't play with. With a decent draw they can win a couple games.

Then every team maybe down a little bit but for the past 4-5 years, everyone said the same thing about Knott and they either won 1 or got bounced in the first round, I don't see the 14th region winning many games at state, no matter who comes out of the 14th.

Just a hunch, Perry defeated a 8-12 Buckhorn team (@ Buckhorn) 67-60....St. Xavier defeated Buckhorn (@ PRP) 69-43...

I'm as big of a 14th region fan as the next guy and want them to do good at state but I don't see them beating any Louisville schools other than Western or Iroquois. No pun intended. If the Commodores win region then I'll still cheer them on, but I just don't see the 14th region winning many games at state.

Coach Hoskins does a Fabolous job at scheduling. Has his Commodores playing a pretty good schedule.
IMO, A little off topic, but IMO, I think either Male or Mercer wins the state title this season.
Strikeout King Wrote:IMO, A little off topic, but IMO, I think either Male or Mercer wins the state title this season.

When Dunbar is playing like they should IMO they are the best team in the state.
anyone know how big Carter is at LCC?
He's 6'1 and he does go to the goal a lot for a kid this size.
dore20 Wrote:When Dunbar is playing like they should IMO they are the best team in the state.

Dunbar is playing some good ball this season
Strikeout King Wrote:IMO, A little off topic, but IMO, I think either Male or Mercer wins the state title this season.

If we are picking favorites, watch out for the Purples from Bowling Green too. Best big man combo in the state with Jones & Taylor (both Juniors). Only losses were to Fern Creek and Ballard in KOB tournament.. and they were without starting guard Thomas Booker in both.