Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell county coming off the best season they have ever had. Going 8-4 how do you think the pirates will do this coming year?
Pirates lose 10 including leading rusher, Harrison. Also lose several key players, with that said, they also return several key players from last year. I think they finish the regular season 6-4, 5-5, somewhere in that range.
May have to find a new head coach. He is in the running for the Montgomery County job.
That's a rumor and I think Powell won't be down to much they have a lot of talent returning and have a lot of big young kids that will step up and a amazing group of 8th graders I'm told coming in too so Powell should be okay in the upcoming season.
Brewer didn't even get a second interview at MoCo so he is not in the running for the job. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him trying to get out regardless
waughdaddy59 Wrote:That's a rumor and I think Powell won't be down to much they have a lot of talent returning and have a lot of big young kids that will step up and a amazing group of 8th graders I'm told coming in too so Powell should be okay in the upcoming season.

Interview at Montgomery a rumor? I'm sorry but it was no rumor, he did interview. He just didn't get asked back for a 2nd.
I hate to say so, but its all down hill from here.
they will be okay, probably wont do anything amazing but they will have another solid season.. who knows maybe they will surprise you!
its just going to be hard to replace some of the key individuals they had last season...
They are gonna surprise folks im telling you just wait folks and I meant it at thw time I saw this he was no longer running for the job that part was a rumor
Powell is losing a ton of talent no one will dispute that. Thier returning approximately 7 starters, counting players that go both way as 2. But the talent although it won't have the same firepower will still be able to get the job done.
With Brewer at the helm, the team will be hard nosed and compete regardless of the talent returning. Powell needs to get Coach Brewer a couple of capable assistants in the building and help him build for the long haul. If he got a little more support in that regard I don't think he would be looking elsewhere.
Powell has been running some nice 7 on 7 action I hear any new thoughts or developments?
They have had some good 7 on 7 games. Playing at Prestonburg and elsewhere. They looked good!
FOOTBALLDICTIONARY Wrote:They have had some good 7 on 7 games. Playing at Prestonburg and elsewhere. They looked good!

I heard they played against Fleming County at Montgomery County 7 on 7. I heard they had some good looking athletes.
Well good now if the line can hold up how could their season look?