Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raw following Rumble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was a letdown for me...

What about you guys?
Yup I agree.

I thought it was rather stupid that The Authority designed the Royal Rumble just to get the title off of Roman Reigns, just to turn around and put him in the main event of Fastlane for the shot to earn a title match at Wrestlemania.

Also, The Rock just doesn't really do it for me anymore (sad to say, since he's one of my all time favorites), sure he's charismatic as all get out but I dunno...
I didn't like that the Rock came out and trashed on New Day.

I thought it was stupid to have a night dedicated to impressing the Authority for a match at Fastlane and then putting a person in the match that didn't even show up Monday.

I don't think Styles is going to be allowed to use the Styles Clash. He's teased it too many times and still hasn't hit it. Maybe they're just making people wait on it. I don't know.
I'll do my typical, save it on DVR, get up Saturday morning, and FF through the whole show in 30 minutes. I have given up on being entertained for 3 hours.
WCW kept me entertained for 3 hours in the 90s...

There's too much money in three hours to go back now.
^ Agreed, With all three hours individually breaking into the top 10, it's hard to imagine them leaving those advertising dollars on the table. The best that we can hope for is that they do a 1 hour pre-show on the Network and then 2 hours on USA. We keep seeing more and more commercials on the network live events, so it just might be enough to sway them down the road.
Don't mention a pre-show!
If Vince hears about it they'll start at 7:30
It was a complete bust. 3 hours is just killing Raw. Heck by 9:30 I'm already wanting to change the channel. WWE needs to slow down on all the 15-20 minute long conversations and arguments going on in the ring and either extend the matches more or add more matches.
I think WWE went with Triple H winning the title because everyone was leaning towards Reigns or Bray Wyatt winning, so to keep things interested, they threw a curve ball and had Triple H to win. You can say that other superstars had a chance or deserve a chance at winning the title, but answer me this, what does putting the title on, Kevin Owens? Kane? Dean Ambrose (two titles)?, Adam Rose? Miz? or anyone else in the rumble, do for WWE? Nothing, absolutely nothing. IMO, they had to keep the title in the biggest feud (Reigns/HHH) to keep things interesting.

Yes, of course, Reigns will win at Fast Lane and then take the title back from HHH at Mania...
They put the title on Triple H because he picks up the most heat from it.
I think the strap stays on HHH until WM. They put the title on HHH because he is more marketable to the mainstream media outlets. Who better than to put the COO of the company on Good Morning America, Ellen, The Tonight Show, etc... in the lead up to WM.
Dusty, did you see where Lucha Underground was featured on SportsCenter?
Dusty, what do you think about Raw going back to 2 hrs? I think 3 hrs is hurting the business. Too many heated argument segments taking place and too many people talking about this and that just to take up time. I think they either need to cut it back down to 2 hrs or add more matches, even if they are divas matches or matches with people we don't know.
Strikeout King Wrote:Dusty, what do you think about Raw going back to 2 hrs? I think 3 hrs is hurting the business. Too many heated argument segments taking place and too many people talking about this and that just to take up time. I think they either need to cut it back down to 2 hrs or add more matches, even if they are divas matches or matches with people we don't know.

I don't think three hours is hurting WWE.
Three hours is hard to keep "wrestling" fans entertained, but three hours is more money for the WWE and there's no turning back.

If the extra hour consisted of better matches and wrestling angles, most of us would be fine - but it's all TV fluff crap.

It's never going back to two hours.
Raw has always been a 3 hour show live in person, so why not put it all on TV.
zaga_fan Wrote:Dusty, did you see where Lucha Underground was featured on SportsCenter?

I did indeed. That was very cool. I miss Rey
It's all about entertainment. I don't see the WWE main product to ever do anything other than an Improv show with in-ring wrestling as the side attraction. NXT will hopefully continue as the "Wrestling" show!
plantmanky Wrote:Raw has always been a 3 hour show live in person, so why not put it all on TV.

They still have dark matches at live shows. I think it's more of a 3 1/2 to 4 hour show now.