Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Royal Rumble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roman Reigns announced as #1 entrant in the Rumble
Becky Lynch just coned Ric Flair into making Charlotte defend her divas title at the Rumble. Charlotte was not too happy
I was a big fan of ending Raw with the Wyatts getting the best of Reigns and Lesnar.

I just assumed Brock and Roman were going to fight until the show went off... but it was a pleasant surprise to see those guys show up and clean house.
So I read online today, that WWE is planning on a Reigns vs. HHH match at Mania and that it might not be for the title and that their's a chance that Bray Wyatt walks out of the rumble as the WWE Champ...

Not sure what Bray Wyatt becoming WWE champ does for the WWE but theirs that....

Also, please take what I said with a grain of salt....dirt sheet sites have been known to be wrong about 30 to 70% of the time
30-70? lol

I think the fact that the Wyatt's stood tall on Raw, taking out Lesnar and Reigns was a big deal. They got the last laugh on Smackdown too.

I would be totally fine with Wyatt winning the title at Rumble! My only issue is that he has lost a lot of matches, but with the family surrounding him, he would be a great champion in my opinion.

Wyatt is the best promo in the business and the biggest character.
I've said HHH and Reigns since the summer. The only logical sense is Wyatt's screwing Brock to set up that match at WM. I think it will be interesting to see how WWE markets Bray for the next 8 weeks. Bray carries zero recognition outside of wrestling, so I'm not sure how successful they will be putting him on Good Morning America, Ellen and all the rest of the mainstream media shows. The appeal will be Brock, but you usually don't put the contender in the mainstream marketing plans.
zaga_fan Wrote:30-70? lol

I think the fact that the Wyatt's stood tall on Raw, taking out Lesnar and Reigns was a big deal. They got the last laugh on Smackdown too.

I would be totally fine with Wyatt winning the title at Rumble! My only issue is that he has lost a lot of matches, but with the family surrounding him, he would be a great champion in my opinion.

Wyatt is the best promo in the business and the biggest character.

You know 30% their right and 70% their wrong

I honestly would be fine with Bray being champ. As you have mentioned he could be a good champ and it would take a lot for him to lose the title with the family surrounding him.
Stardust Wrote:I've said HHH and Reigns since the summer. The only logical sense is Wyatt's screwing Brock to set up that match at WM. I think it will be interesting to see how WWE markets Bray for the next 8 weeks. Bray carries zero recognition outside of wrestling, so I'm not sure how successful they will be putting him on Good Morning America, Ellen and all the rest of the mainstream media shows. The appeal will be Brock, but you usually don't put the contender in the mainstream marketing plans.

That's a good point - but I think he's similar to The Undertaker in that sense.
zaga_fan Wrote:That's a good point - but I think he's similar to The Undertaker in that sense.

Excellent comparison. I'd also say that the last time UT entered WM with the strap, marketing in mainstream media was not as available to the WWE. It's been within the Cena-era, that the title holder is seen all over mainstream media, Sports Center, etc...
Who do you all think walks out of the Rumble as champ? With Reigns entering at 1, do you all think he will last the entire match?
Stardust Wrote:Excellent comparison. I'd also say that the last time UT entered WM with the strap, marketing in mainstream media was not as available to the WWE. It's been within the Cena-era, that the title holder is seen all over mainstream media, Sports Center, etc...

Times have definitely changed - but I think in this era when WWE is featured on SportsCenter and the new champ immediately gets on a plane to do a morning show after winning the belt - putting Bray Wyatt in an interview on a Monday morning talk show is worth a shot.

If it didn't test well they could put the title back on Brock at Mania.
I fully believe that WWE isn't sure what direction they're going in yet. I get the feeling they have a very fluid booking plan.

I'm actually leaning toward the Wyatt's eliminating Brock and Bray winning the title.
Reigns gets his rematch at Fast Lane and loses to HHH interference - then we get Reigns vs HHH at Mania and Brock vs Bray.