Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County coaching search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I agree 100%. Hoof is already back involved with the Raceland Football program. On a much lower level, by his own choosing, helping in the junior high and freshman and sitting in the pressbox on fridays, and from the horses mouth "i love where i am at and having a blast, less pressure, less stress". He is also a long time skipper for the baseball team and thats not ending any time soon either.

Love coach hoof , a couple years ago he applied for boyd co and was offered the job and decided not to take it . Reason I say that is i don't ever see him leaving Raceland some guys just don't fit anywhere else and Randy Vanderhoof is a Ram
Hope lc can find a good hire
This should be Short or Prince's job, assuming either of those men put in for it. Things seem to be very hush hush around Louisa. I can't seem to find out a darn thing.
Any chance LC would look into the Belfry program for someone? Belfry has several assistant coaches who have learned and are great coaches walking the sidelines. Coaches who have been taught by Haywood on how to build a program and could bring the same style to LC. Could you imagine the running game style at LC with those big kids walking the halls and the athletes LC can produce. power backs with speed backs. Looks like they could produce pretty much the similar type team year in and year out. sure it takes some time, but its exciting watching teams labor trying to match the physicality.
Does anyone know who has actually applied?
Did Nate McPeek apply? and would LC be interested in him?
D.B. Cooper Wrote:Does anyone know who has actually applied?
Did Nate McPeek apply? and would LC be interested in him?

No. He didn't apply.

Alan and McPeek are friends. He wasn't going to remotely get in the way of that.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Any chance LC would look into the Belfry program for someone? Belfry has several assistant coaches who have learned and are great coaches walking the sidelines. Coaches who have been taught by Haywood on how to build a program and could bring the same style to LC. Could you imagine the running game style at LC with those big kids walking the halls and the athletes LC can produce. power backs with speed backs. Looks like they could produce pretty much the similar type team year in and year out. sure it takes some time, but its exciting watching teams labor trying to match the physicality.

None from Belfry have applied.

Then again, you don't see assistants at some of these top programs like Belfry, Highlands, Bowling Green, etc stray away much.

Being an assistant coach at one of those programs trumps being a HC at 90% of the other programs across our state any day of the week.
I can't stress this enough on here, but whomever the hire (and, it's no secret if you read this thread that I'm 100% Team Short) BE SUPPORTIVE the next 2-3 years; be it around town or on here.

If nothing positive to say or feel, fake it or say nothing.

Lawrence County is no different than any other COUNTY school across our state their size. It cycles. Schedule and Talent are the majority of the battles. If you have one, or both of those, then smooth sailings. If not...rough rides.

If you are expecting the next 2-3 years to be anything like the previous 2-3 years, you are going to be sadly disappointed. However, you will see a well coached, disciplined team that plays as hard as they can (just like past years, just minus some of the play makers).

Too many times we get caught up in the W's and L's in high school to determine if a team is well coached.

Look at the little things:

-stances
-alignments
-penalties (or lack of)
-sudden change transition of personnel
-effort
-sound in scheme (not meaning you agree with what's being ran)

That's the signs of a well coached team. The icing on the cake, over the top part that result in W's instead of L's are having some kids on the team that can do some things that can't be coached (size, speed, etc).
K40 Wrote:I've heard Adam Turner's name in this discussion.

If Adam Turner is in consideration for the position, I would look further. If I were superintendent, I would hire the cheerleading coach before I let that man coach my children. He is good at selling a dream, then turns out to be a nightmare.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:If Adam Turner is in consideration for the position, I would look further. If I were superintendent, I would hire the cheerleading coach before I let that man coach my children. He is good at selling a dream, then turns out to be a nightmare.

Amazing the number of you out there that get all kind of courage behind an anonymous name and a keyboard.
I'll add my name if you add your's. I've seen this man in action. I've seen him give kids hope for an extraordinary season and two games in tell the kids he is leaving. Then...yell at them because they won't play to the best of their ability for him. Would you? If you say yes, you are a liar. He would talk bible verses and such, but didn't act so christian like. Then, I've seen with my own eyes what said coach did to his office when he left. Let's just say, it's something only a child would do. So my prediction is, if the superintendent hires him, he will so regret it because he is good at putting up a facade.
Wow looks like basketballmom41 called you out fly like a duck.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Amazing the number of you out there that get all kind of courage behind an anonymous name and a keyboard.

it amazes me that you know who applies for a job at every school in the state . very impressive :biggrin:
3sportfan Wrote:Wow looks like basketballmom41 called you out fly like a duck.

It's not hard to figure out who I am....
pjdoug Wrote:it amazes me that you know who applies for a job at every school in the state . very impressive :biggrin:

One big network doug...
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:One big network doug...

I reckonSmile
But, no...I don't know of every person who applies for every job. I may know certain individuals that either are or not involved with openings, but not every person...every opening.

If I did..I'd have my own blog/biz. Lol
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:But, no...I don't know of every person who applies for every job. I may know certain individuals that either are or not involved with openings, but not every person...every opening.

If I did..I'd have my own blog/biz. Lol

I cant even find out what's going on at my own school Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I cant even find out what's going on at my own school Confusednicker:

Hilarious.

Is that Whitley or Bell? I've noticed your avatar (can't now, on my phone and the Mobile view doesn't show it) I think? Whitley County 'W', right?

The mountains have become precious to me. Let's put it this way, I'm probably as far removed as any regular poster on here when it comes to the 'goings on' of these mountain openings.

I didn't grow up in the mountains.

But, here I am years later and some of my closest friends (all from college/former teammates) are, were and still are in the mountains.

Ironically, two of them happen to be from Bell and Lawrence County. I'm an admitted Alan Short homer on this one as you can tell, but I'd like to think it's a well deserved "homering" for what he has been part of there the last few years, plus his playing days and being a hometown boy.

I honest to goodness want nothing, but great things for Lawrence and Bell County.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:I'll add my name if you add your's. I've seen this man in action. I've seen him give kids hope for an extraordinary season and two games in tell the kids he is leaving. Then...yell at them because they won't play to the best of their ability for him. Would you? If you say yes, you are a liar. He would talk bible verses and such, but didn't act so christian like. Then, I've seen with my own eyes what said coach did to his office when he left. Let's just say, it's something only a child would do. So my prediction is, if the superintendent hires him, he will so regret it because he is good at putting up a facade.
Lol... This isn't a SC thread so I don't want to hijack it BUT... Adam Turner took a team that only won 1 game in 2 seasons and won 3 in his first season. I don't think there is a coach in Kentucky who could've won more games in 2015 with what he had to work with against the schedule they had.

I can't believe LC is dragging their feet on making this hire. Hope it's not a bad sign for Coach Short. I personally figured it was forgone conclusion that Alan had the job.
Maybe part of the hiring process to take in all applicants and interview even if they already have a coach in mind. There would probably be rules in place to insure fairness when filling coaching jobs. Still though....the fact that we don't have a coach named yet is not a good feeling. The kids need to be getting in the weight room if they ever have school again.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Hilarious.

Is that Whitley or Bell? I've noticed your avatar (can't now, on my phone and the Mobile view doesn't show it) I think? Whitley County 'W', right?

The mountains have become precious to me. Let's put it this way, I'm probably as far removed as any regular poster on here when it comes to the 'goings on' of these mountain openings.

I didn't grow up in the mountains.

But, here I am years later and some of my closest friends (all from college/former teammates) are, were and still are in the mountains.

Ironically, two of them happen to be from Bell and Lawrence County. I'm an admitted Alan Short homer on this one as you can tell, but I'd like to think it's a well deserved "homering" for what he has been part of there the last few years, plus his playing days and being a hometown boy.

I honest to goodness want nothing, but great things for Lawrence and Bell County.

Whitley County. I'm a die hard Colonel fan,but have ties to several Eastern Kentucky Counties and wish them well ,even if I talk trash to them. no trash talk is boring Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County. I'm a die hard Colonel fan,but have ties to several Eastern Kentucky Counties and wish them well ,even if I talk trash to them. no trash talk is boring Smile

Heard that! It's all good.
Looks like Short was named head coach. Congrats to Coach Short.
Finally!!! No idea what all the feet dragging was about with naming Coach Short the new HC. Excited for the season to start and to see what direction he goes with the team now that he is lead Dawg. Congrats!
Done deal! He got the call this morning and spoke with the team about 1:30 today.
Congratulations Coach Short. Go Dawgs !
Good hire!!!
Good deal! I think he is the best man for the job. I think in the long run in 3 or so seasons you will see more disciplined fundamentally sound and all around better football on this team. I think you will see kids who listen too and respect and fallow their coach better also. I hope his first order of business is to find the best defensive coordinator available.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Good deal! I think he is the best man for the job. I think in the long run in 3 or so seasons you will see more disciplined fundamentally sound and all around better football on this team. I think you will see kids who listen too and respect and fallow their coach better also. I hope his first order of business is to find the best defensive coordinator available.

You do realize this isn't college or pro ball, right? The school system isn't going to create a position for someone to come in and be a defensive coordinator for the football team. That stuff may happen in South Carolina, Texas, or Florida, but it's not happening in Eastern Kentucky. My opinion is that he will have the same staff Coach Cecil had. Maybe one or two leave, and one or two people VOLUNTEER, but that's highly unlikely. Those qualified are usually those who went to college, got a degree, and are working a job during practice times. I'm not familiar with the current faculty at the high school, are there any possibilities up there right now? Maybe they are coaching other sports?
Pages: 1 2 3 4