Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Florida 41 Ohio State 14 -- BCS Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Me and like 2 other people were the only ones to call this game on BGR!!!
SEC..SEC..SEC..Dominance!
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Ohio State Played HORRIBLE!!!

Yep they sure did. I grew up in Columbus, and I can tell you that the Bucks already thought they had the game won when they came on the field. All anyone can say is Florida flat put it in the Bucks face all night long.
[QUOTE=Big Dirty #4]Ohio State played horrible bacause the Florida defense dominated their ***. SEC is by far the toughest conference.

Yea the front four controled the line on "O" and "D" That's why Florida had such a good passing night.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Me and like 2 other people were the only ones to call this game on BGR!!!

If I recall, I was one of em!...lol
This Florida team reminds me a lot of the '92 Alabama team. Yes they had very different offenses. But that Bama team, like this Florida team had a ton of 17-10 and 20-7 wins, and was pummelled in the ground by the media because they didnt have any "style points"..but, in the end, when you play an inferior schedule and beat those hamaneggers 59-7, it proves nothing when you face a team with the speed and athleticism on defense (like that Bama team). Yes, Troy Smith is a good quarterback, but its hard to be good when your throwing on your back. Florida played as perfect a defensive game as you could have played, and OSU can be glad that Urban Meyer doesnt believe in running up the score, because that game could have been a LOT worse.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Florida played as perfect a defensive game as you could have played, and OSU can be glad that Urban Meyer doesnt believe in running up the score, because that game could have been a LOT worse.

Yeah I certainly agree with you here. This game could have been as worse as it already was.
Ohio states linebackers could not cover the backs or receivers and that was the difference,,,,speed kills
OSU couldnt do anything because of Florida's defense. And that led to great field postion for the gators and they scored about every time. SEC is just flat out to fast for the rest of the country.
If my research is correct...the Buckeyes are 0-8 all time vs. SEC teams!
gish_7 Wrote:If my research is correct...the Buckeyes are 0-8 all time vs. SEC teams!

Just in Bowl Games.
Those are the ones that matter most.
blackcat_student Wrote:OSU couldnt do anything because of Florida's defense. And that led to great field postion for the gators and they scored about every time. SEC is just flat out to fast for the rest of the country.
Except for last year when WVU smoked Georgia.
blackcat_student Wrote:OSU couldnt do anything because of Florida's defense. And that led to great field postion for the gators and they scored about every time. SEC is just flat out to fast for the rest of the country.
Your right but Florida,s offense was just as dominating.
Congrats Gators. They should play Bosie St. to see who is real national champion.
I was really shocked by the outcome of this game as was most of the country I think.
I have a reason why they looked so dominant..It is called playing in the SEC! In which OSU would have probably lost 3-4 games!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I have a reason why they looked so dominant..It is called playing in the SEC! In which OSU would have probably lost 3-4 games!
Your making my Mountaineers win over sec champ Georgia last year even bigger than I realized.
Florida would beat them by 21 at least
warriorpride Wrote:Congrats Gators. They should play Bosie St. to see who is real national champion.
Pages: 1 2