Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lincoln Co. 65 Corbin 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprised this hadn't been posted yet. Final from Lincoln Co last night (Jan. 5th). Anyone with details or individual scoring? Big turnaround from the Lincoln-Corbin game from couple weeks ago at Corbin.
I haven't seen Corbin's stats posted anywhere. For Lincoln County Devin Alcorn had 29 points. Wade Goode had 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists. Corbin won by 15 back on December 18th.
This was a shocker to me. :popcorn:
Not really shocking to me. I think it was Lincoln getting the Corbin treatment at Corbin earlier, and Corbin getting the out of region treatment by the 12th region refs. They seem to take care of their own a lot more than most regions.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Not really shocking to me. I think it was Lincoln getting the Corbin treatment at Corbin earlier, and Corbin getting the out of region treatment by the 12th region refs. They seem to take care of their own a lot more than most regions.

Its not always about the refs. Talked to a couple of corbin fans who went, they didnt mention the refs, said that corbin allowed too many easy baskets. Also said the lincoln county had a kid who hit a bunch of 3s and that the redhounds couldnt throw it in the ocean in the 2nd half.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Not really shocking to me. I think it was Lincoln getting the Corbin treatment at Corbin earlier, and Corbin getting the out of region treatment by the 12th region refs. They seem to take care of their own a lot more than most regions.

the 12th region is just better, dont put blame on the refs.:please:
Ninja Wrote:the 12th region is just better, dont put blame on the refs.:please:

I was actually referring to the part where Corbin won at Corbin. I would think the game at Lincoln would be more neutral than anything, but if you don't think they're biased refs in the 12th, you are definitely blind. You ever watched a game played at Wayne county?
callmecrazy33 Wrote:I was actually referring to the part where Corbin won at Corbin. I would think the game at Lincoln would be more neutral than anything, but if you don't think they're biased refs in the 12th, you are definitely blind. You ever watched a game played at Wayne county?

many..
Both regions have their share of bad refs
Its Andy Griffiths fault. Ever since Andy called the Mayberry player out at home and the whole town (even Opie) turned against him, Home teams have gotten the benefit of the 50/50 calls. Sometimes 45/55 calls go to the home team.

Actually as long as Coaches rate officials in their region for post season assignments, they will get "home cooking".

Good win Pats!!!
Corbin has got to find somebody other than Taylor who can put the ball in the bottom of the sack.
I went back and did a little research on these 2 games. In the first game, Alcorn had 5 points for Lincoln Co. and in the second game, he had 29 points on 10-13 shooting from the filed, including hitting 5 of 7 3 pointers. In the first game at Corbin, Barnes scored 22 points on 10-11 shooting for the Redhounds and in the second game, he scored 2 points, hitting 1 of 2 of his FG attempts. This pretty much explains the turnaround if you ask me.