Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County vs. South Laurel- 1/8/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WYMT Classic- Semi-Final

HC- 13-2
SL- 11-2

Who do you have?
Oh Lord!! I sure am pulling for my Black Bears, but they have their work cut out for them in this game!!
I hoped this is a good game I think if Harlan county runs up and down the court they will be surprised how good south can run also. The 13th is loaded with good team and Harlan County is one of them maybe a top 3 team with that said.

South Laurel 78
Harlan county 64

:Cheerlead :worthy: :Cheerlead
Wow!!!! Two 13th regions team and nobody making predictions. I guessed retirement life is killing me. Confusednicker:
Ill make one, HC by 3, guard Taylor and Grubb, and make The other 3 beat you.
Truth99 Wrote:Ill make one, HC by 3, guard Taylor and Grubb, and make The other 3 beat you.

Sound good to me but you are gambling. :poker face:
Its better to gamble than play a losing hand
I don't know about that strategy Truth! The other 3 would be capable of beating us on a given night. I think you just play hard, and keep your poise. Carmical will be directing the offense and hopefully we will learn how to rebound! Confusednicker:

I think it will be a good game.
Cardinals by 4
Cardinal's win 65-58. No one can possibly match up with Taylor in this Region.
With all the talk about Taylor and Grubb, it seems like everyone has forgotten that the Griffith kid for SL was a very good starting center on the best team in the Region last year (Williamsburg) and he is capable of taking over a game also. This will be a tough game for HC for sure against all the size for SL, the Bears will have to play overall much better than they did against Buckhorn to have a shot at the W in this game. I do believe HC has a shot however if they can make it a full court game and turn SL over 18 to 20 times. I also believe the Bears shot selection will have to be much better than it was against Buckhorn, it seemed like they just came out in the first half against Buckhorn and had no discipline with their shot selection, another first half like that could be all that this SL bunch needs to build a big lead that would make it very tough for HC to get back in the game! I believe these Bears are capable, but it will take a great all around effort from several key players! Go Bears!
Griffth is the most overrated player ive ever seen. He is averaging 9 ppg and people acts like he is the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan. If you can guard Taylor and Grubb with double teams ill take my chances with Griffth and Anders, cause Miller is a not factor on this South team
If South has a normal game we can play with them. If both teams play great we're in for a long night. Go Bears!!!
[Image: ayrIYTM.png]

Ole fatpat thinks Granny Bear's platoon will get awful comfy in Morty's house tonight.

Bearz by 4 More mash taters please!!!
Truth99 Wrote:Griffth is the most overrated player ive ever seen. He is averaging 9 ppg and people acts like he is the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan. If you can guard Taylor and Grubb with double teams ill take my chances with Griffth and Anders, cause Miller is a not factor on this South team

Griffith started the season out unsure of his place on the team, and a little afraid to be too aggressive, but to call the kid overrated is as stupid as this post makes you look. Since about the 2nd or 3rd game , he has played a lot better and way more aggressive. You also realize he has only played half of a lot of the games right? The East Ridge and Phelps game is obvious why he only played half the game, and the Knox game, they took care of really early at home and didn't need him in the 2nd. Unlike some other 13th region team at home.
Excited about this game. I look for it to be a slugfest. In the end I think South wears my bears down. Let's say South 72-65
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Griffith started the season out unsure of his place on the team, and a little afraid to be too aggressive, but to call the kid overrated is as stupid as this post makes you look. Since about the 2nd or 3rd game , he has played a lot better and way more aggressive. You also realize he has only played half of a lot of the games right? The East Ridge and Phelps game is obvious why he only played half the game, and the Knox game, they took care of really early at home and didn't need him in the 2nd. Unlike some other 13th region team at home.
I agree with you totally about Griffith, IMO he is a very good player and if he ever gets comfortable with this group they will be really scary! HC clearly has their hands full tonight!
Harlan Co 65 South Laurel 61
This will be a great game. Harlan County will hang tough, but South's inside game will pull them through.
Harlan County is the sleeper in the 13th this year......South a little overated.
Overrated say what you want, double grubb and Taylor and make him and anders beat you, miller is a non factor. This team only goes as far as Taylor can take them.