Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Royal Rumble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Vince announced that Reigns would defend his title in the royal rumble match against the 29 other superstars.

I don't like it...

I agree with Vince's music #nochanceinhellthatreignskeepsthetitlepastRumble
Why wouldn't you like it...it makes the Royal Rumble actually mean something.

The whole main event segment was all kinds of weird, but Vince's blockbuster announcement made me forget all about it. I'm looking forward to it.
As bad as the booking has been over the past year, this is the coup for the past 30 years! I've been muddling over just what they can possibly do with Roman now, and this was a Grand Slam! There was NO ONE for Reigns, absolutely no one that they could throw in against him to make a title match interesting. So, what other way to make it interesting than have him face EVERY ONE! Genius, absolutely GENIUS!!!
And since he is defending, that means he has to be the #1 entrant if he is going to defend against every one right? Or does that make too much booking sense?
I hope they load up the Rumble with people like Brock Lesnar, HHH, or Undertaker that in the back of your mind has a chance to win it..........Not that I would want HHH or Undertaker to win it but the way booking is you never know.
Well so far we know that Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho, and the Wyatt Family are in the Royal Rumble Match. Thats 8 of 30 known entrants, or have they announced more?
I don't believe HHH will be an entrant. Bottomline, I see Roman winning the Rumble with the Authority doing everything possible to screw him. That will lead to what has been hinted for the past several weeks, a Wrestlemania match with Roman versus HHH. This allows the Authority to interfere throughout the whole match. We will see the Uso's attempt to keep things fair, only to get overtaken by the numbers of the Authority. That sets up the entrance of the Rock to come in and save Roman from being cheated out of the match. Mania's are supposed to end with the crowd on their feet and HAPPY! What more could make the crowd go banana's than the Rock slaying Vince McMahon!
Where are you zaga? I'm waiting on your take....
So you are saying the Rock is going to be a RR Entrant? If so, why would a character like the Rock be willing to help family keep the belt, when he could very easily just dump him over the top and become champion himself again?
I think there are going to be a lot of garbage entrants, or entrants that may get a pop, but will bring no credibility to the match. I think we will see the New Age Outlaws, RVD, Booker T, and in all likelihood we will see a Diva. Nia Jax is someone that the WWE really wants to push. She is 6-0' and weighs 270, she could be believable.
cchsfan4life Wrote:I hope they load up the Rumble with people like Brock Lesnar, HHH, or Undertaker that in the back of your mind has a chance to win it..........Not that I would want HHH or Undertaker to win it but the way booking is you never know.

Lesnar is suppose to be in it for sure...
Since Reigns defends his title in the rumble match it's self, how do you determine who faces the champ at Mania?

Have the last person that's thrown over the ropes face him?

I honestly can see it coming down to Lesnar and Reigns as the last two in the Rumble with Triple H making his return and screwing Reigns out of the title...
Stardust Wrote:I think there are going to be a lot of garbage entrants, or entrants that may get a pop, but will bring no credibility to the match. I think we will see the New Age Outlaws, RVD, Booker T, and in all likelihood we will see a Diva. Nia Jax is someone that the WWE really wants to push. She is 6-0' and weighs 270, she could be believable.

Is that the one that they are wanting to turn into Sister Abigal?
Strikeout King Wrote:Since Reigns defends his title in the rumble match it's self, how do you determine who faces the champ at Mania?

Have the last person that's thrown over the ropes face him?

I honestly can see it coming down to Lesnar and Reigns as the last two in the Rumble with Triple H making his return and screwing Reigns out of the title...

You still have another PPV before 'Mania...Fast Lane.
It's all in the storyline. Lesnar will not win the Rumble, because that would screw up the match with HHH at mania.
Stardust Wrote:It's all in the storyline. Lesnar will not win the Rumble, because that would screw up the match with HHH at mania.

Why would Lesnar face Triple H at Mania? They aren't at odds and don't have any beef against each other.

Word now is that Triple H vs. Reigns is likely for Fast Lane...

I still say Triple H returns at the Rumble and screws Reigns out of the title...
AJ Styles is expected to be one of several surprises in this year's Rumble....
^ In my previous note, I see no way in hell that AJ is in the Rumble. The dirtsheets would just be making that up. You can't put a guy in the Rumble that no one knows.
Strikeout King Wrote:Why would Lesnar face Triple H at Mania? They aren't at odds and don't have any beef against each other.

Word now is that Triple H vs. Reigns is likely for Fast Lane...

I still say Triple H returns at the Rumble and screws Reigns out of the title...

Umm, I've been saying all along Reigns/HHH, never once said Brock/HHH
Stardust Wrote:^ In my previous note, I see no way in hell that AJ is in the Rumble. The dirtsheets would just be making that up. You can't put a guy in the Rumble that no one knows.

WWE is pretty mad that word got out that AJ had signed with WWE because they wanted him to be one of the surprise entrants. No one knows until the rumble gets here. Hopefully it isn't crappy like several rumbles have been...

Stardust Wrote:Umm, I've been saying all along Reigns/HHH, never once said Brock/HHH

I read your post wrong...I still believe HHH won't return until the Rumble...
Strikeout King Wrote:WWE is pretty mad that word got out that AJ had signed with WWE because they wanted him to be one of the surprise entrants. No one knows until the rumble gets here. Hopefully it isn't crappy like several rumbles have been...

I read your post wrong...I still believe HHH won't return until the Rumble...

I don't believe that the WWE was upset, I think that is a made-up story in the dirtsheets. How can you make a surprise entrant out of someone who is not even known?
Stardust Wrote:I don't believe that the WWE was upset, I think that is a made-up story in the dirtsheets. How can you make a surprise entrant out of someone who is not even known?

I'm sure WWE fans knows who AJ Styles is....They knew who Awesome Kong was when she entered the rumble several years ago, she had just left TNA then...
Stardust Wrote:I don't believe that the WWE was upset, I think that is a made-up story in the dirtsheets. How can you make a surprise entrant out of someone who is not even known?

You act like the only guys wrestling fans know are the ones on the WWE main roster, or on NXT and thats simply not true.
Coyoteman Wrote:You act like the only guys wrestling fans know are the ones on the WWE main roster, or on NXT and thats simply not true.

When SD usually says something about Wrestling, he usually knows what he's talking about, so if he says something (in which this case I disagree with him), you best believe it. The man knows what he's talking about
Coyoteman Wrote:You act like the only guys wrestling fans know are the ones on the WWE main roster, or on NXT and thats simply not true.

LOL, OK, Show me ONE example of a signee who never stepped into a WWE ring previously over the past 5 years that did not go straight to developmental and stay there 6 months to "get known". Please enlighten all of us.... I'm sorry, but why do you think????? Umm, I guess a guy like Steen Bryan Danileson just needed to get better, it had nothing to do with their familiarity to the WWE audience? I'm sorry, but more than 50% of the WWE audience at house shows, and that is what we are talking about here, are 12 & under and their parents. So NOPE, those fans do not watch ROH, New Japan, etc.... Sooooooo, nope! They do not know who AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Nakamura are..... So regardless of how well you know them, what has the WWE done????
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm sure WWE fans knows who AJ Styles is....They knew who Awesome Kong was when she entered the rumble several years ago, she had just left TNA then...

SK, Kharma did not debut in Royal Rumble, she debuted at Extreme Rules. She did not debut until after six weeks of promo teases. Search Kharma's debut and listen to how quiet it is and all the fans with the "who the hell is this" look in their eyes. Yes, the announcers made here sound like she was the greatest beast to ever enter a ring, however, the fans didn't believe it true because they had no clue who she was....
Stardust Wrote:SK, Kharma did not debut in Royal Rumble, she debuted at Extreme Rules. She did not debut until after six weeks of promo teases. Search Kharma's debut and listen to how quiet it is and all the fans with the "who the hell is this" look in their eyes. Yes, the announcers made here sound like she was the greatest beast to ever enter a ring, however, the fans didn't believe it true because they had no clue who she was....

I was thinking she debuted at Royal Rumble, I seen where Michael Cole got ni there and Kharma's music hit and he was dumbfounded LOL

I did hear twice today (not from dirtsheets) that when AJ Styles gets here, he isn't going to NXT like the rest of them....Take it as you will but don't shoot the messenger...
Stardust Wrote:LOL, OK, Show me ONE example of a signee who never stepped into a WWE ring previously over the past 5 years that did not go straight to developmental and stay there 6 months to "get known". Please enlighten all of us.... I'm sorry, but why do you think????? Umm, I guess a guy like Steen Bryan Danileson just needed to get better, it had nothing to do with their familiarity to the WWE audience? I'm sorry, but more than 50% of the WWE audience at house shows, and that is what we are talking about here, are 12 & under and their parents. So NOPE, those fans do not watch ROH, New Japan, etc.... Sooooooo, nope! They do not know who AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Nakamura are..... So regardless of how well you know them, what has the WWE done????

Sting?
Stardust Wrote:Where are you zaga? I'm waiting on your take....

Sorry, Dusty.

I've been knee-deep in the WYMT Mountain Classic all week.
I think the title being on the line at Rumble is a home run - and it's not the first time it has happened - Ric Flair won the title in one of the greatest performances of his career at the Royal Rumble.

I think Dusty has read my mind on this one, because I think Roman comes out of this with the title and goes on to face HHH at Mania.

SK, you said that HHH and Reigns wouldn't make sense... did you not see the end of TLC where Roman beat down HHH with a chair, put him through a table and speared him to end the night? HHH has been off WWE television ever since, and he will be gunning for Roman when he gets back.

As far as Rumble entrants - I think we'll see another DDP appearance, maybe Tommy Dreamer, Rhyno and we may see an NXT call-up like Samoa Joe.

In all reality, I see Roman/Ambrose/USOs and the League of Nations going at it at the end until Roman wins it.

What would I like to see? I like a good swerve. Maybe an Ambrose heel-turn and ensuing feud. I love Ambrose's character, but it's becoming stale for me and his move-set is really predictable. He used to have a lot more in his arsenal back in the indys, but a lot of his moves were to the head/neck that don't fly in WWE. I think he's too entrenched in his feud with Owens for that to happen - and I'm loving every minute of that one anyway.
Pages: 1 2