Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central 57 Pike Central 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score in the championship game of the Coca Cola classic. Alex Hammonds made the game winning shot as time expired. Very poor played game by AC, but they hung in there and pulled out the W. Congrats guys!!
The Rebels were a little sloppy but they pulled it off.Good win for a great bunch of guys.Congrats to Tyler Slone for tourney MVP.
Well Sounds like a good game...Last second shot...Congrats AC
Congrats AC!!
this was a great game...Pike Central played sloppy as well as did AC...both team just need to mature and they will be fine...i thought Pike Central did a really well job of breaking ACs press and did a great job on the defensive end pressing...congrats to AC on the win and to all the all tournament team...
I have to say I am surprised by this game. I really though AC would win by more. I Have to give PC credit for playing with AC. Congrats to the Rebs. Glad you brought the trophy to Floyd Co.
That Hess kid played a real great game seemed to me that Josh Martin couldn't do nuttin with him... but Congrats AC nice win glad you brought the trophy back home
Congrats Allen Central!
football_30 Wrote:That Hess kid played a real great game seemed to me that Josh Martin couldn't do nuttin with him... but Congrats AC nice win glad you brought the trophy back home
He did outplay Martin but Allen central did win the tournament and got the trophy...Congrats to the rebels...9-2 so far.
Tyler Slone(Sloth as we like to call him) got the MVP honors of this tournament. He had a very solid tournament with 15 points tonite but he fouled out in the 4th. Congrats to AC and to Sloth on getting MVP.
Congrats 2 the SLOTH!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I never thought I'd ever type something like that on here...LOL
Congrats to Ac for the W, and to Pike Cent also on a hard fought game!
AC did seem to be on their game at all in this one but turned it up late in the 4th. Congrats to Hammonds on the game winner.
To everyone who says that AC played sloppy ball and also those who thought that AC should win by more, maybe you should step back and take a look at PC and give them a little respect cause it might just be that PC plays good defense and that they might just be a decent basketball team. I mean AC only beat them by two the first time they played this season or was that a sloppy game too!!!
Congrats AC!
Good job by Allen Central and to Slone on MVP.
tyler is a great young man not just a good ball player but one who is well mannered on and off the court if anyone deserves it he did, congrates Tyler I think you are the one that holds AC together
Congrats AC
congrats AC
Hawksfan Wrote:To everyone who says that AC played sloppy ball and also those who thought that AC should win by more, maybe you should step back and take a look at PC and give them a little respect cause it might just be that PC plays good defense and that they might just be a decent basketball team. I mean AC only beat them by two the first time they played this season or was that a sloppy game too!!!

both teams played sloppy tonight...PC did do a decent job on defence but their half court defence needs alot of work...they are very scrappy and hustle every second they are just way to undersized..
very sloppy, But congrats AC and Tyler
Great Job AC. Keep it up guys!!
AC keeps on rollin'. Just might break some people's hearts this year. Good Job AC.
There playing with alot of good chemistry right now.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:both teams played sloppy tonight...PC did do a decent job on defence but their half court defence needs alot of work...they are very scrappy and hustle every second they are just way to undersized..
I agree with them being undersized. I just watched them for the first time in person last week against p-burg, but it seemed like to me that Tyler Hamilton has lost alot of weight. I mean the kid is still good but it seems like to me that he was a monster down low with the weight. So has he lost weight? Cause it seems like you are more familiar with the boys team than I, I go to alot of the girls games but not so many boys!
Hawksfan Wrote:I agree with them being undersized. I just watched them for the first time in person last week against p-burg, but it seemed like to me that Tyler Hamilton has lost alot of weight. I mean the kid is still good but it seems like to me that he was a monster down low with the weight. So has he lost weight? Cause it seems like you are more familiar with the boys team than I, I go to alot of the girls games but not so many boys!

the tourney was the first time that i had saw them play in person and i was very suprised as well...we seemed to not be as strong as he was last season im not sure if football took some of the weight off of him or what but you would think that would have helped them so im not to sure...if he was stronger then he would make more noise so i have no idea...the hawks just dont have that stand out like they have had in a few years with all the role players...they play team ball they just cant put the ball in the hole...they take to many outside shots...i mean its alright to take a few but no one has the range that lowe had and the region knows this which is why everyone zones up on them and they can not get the offencive production like they have had in the past...
I think Hamilton is more athletic this season but not as strong, or at least it dosent seem like it. He really didn't need to lose any weight especially being and undersized post player. He's can still be a dominate player though.
congrats to AC
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:the tourney was the first time that i had saw them play in person and i was very suprised as well...we seemed to not be as strong as he was last season im not sure if football took some of the weight off of him or what but you would think that would have helped them so im not to sure...if he was stronger then he would make more noise so i have no idea...the hawks just dont have that stand out like they have had in a few years with all the role players...they play team ball they just cant put the ball in the hole...they take to many outside shots...i mean its alright to take a few but no one has the range that lowe had and the region knows this which is why everyone zones up on them and they can not get the offencive production like they have had in the past...
Eventually someone will step up and fill that role of scorer for this team. Every year as long as I remember PC has that one player who is the scorer and everyone else is just role players, this year it has been spread around from what I understand with Hess being their most consistant player. I agree with they take alot of outside shots, but it would be alright if they would move the ball around quicker instead of waiting on the double team to get right up in their face before they pass the ball. IMO they would get better looks if they passed it when the double team is coming their way instead of waiting for them to get there.