Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What kind of bat is legal in Middle School Baseball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any rules for Middle School baseball? Are -10 Senior League Bats allowed? Thanks.
Yes they are allowed for most part. Some conferences I have seen vote to not allow composite but you would have to check with ur conference it's crazy how confusing it can be.
And on top of that the umps don't know and don't care what the rules are. Lol
Thanks for your help Playmaker.
I'm pretty sure they are suppose to be -5 but like ky playmaker said the umps don't ask or care
Actually, most conferences went to anything lighter than -8 is illegal, but didnt matter if it was composite or metal. The made up state tourny that they have now, made a rule that it had to be metal, but changed that after one round last year because everyone was using composite. But I can promise that no ump in KY could care less, unless its a home umpire, and the home team raises a stink about a bat.
Some conferences have rules for their specific conference play but for the most part anything goes. It is up to coaches to know what is best for the kids. A 5th grader who is 75 lbs probably needs to swing a -10 to keep from throwing off his swing by using something to heavy. A 175 lb 8th grader should be preparing for the high school rules.
callmecrazy33 Wrote:Actually, most conferences went to anything lighter than -8 is illegal, but didnt matter if it was composite or metal. The made up state tourny that they have now, made a rule that it had to be metal, but changed that after one round last year because everyone was using composite. But I can promise that no ump in KY could care less, unless its a home umpire, and the home team raises a stink about a bat.
Do you have any info about the state tourney for middle school? How do you play or qualify? Thanks.
Any of you guys know of any middle school baseball conferences or leagues in southeast KY?