Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 77 Corbin 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Manchester.
Andrew Taylor had 21 for Corbin.
Blake Smith and Trey Farmer had 22 apiece for Clay County according to the radio.
Clay did everything they needed and more. Time to get back to work for this matchup Saturday.
Clay looked absolutely unstoppable, they played defense and team ball, first time ive seen that from this team in awhile.
Dismantled Corbin tonight. That's about it.
Congrats to Tiggers
Total domination from Clay......Corbin isn't as good as what people think.....Andrew Taylor is a really nice player but has no help.....Clay played really good team ball tonight.
Big man for Clay County gray looked good tonight. I think his presents and Clay defense was to much for Corbin. Good game for Clay County. Confusedinglepar
Bout what I expected.

As I said in the Powell thread earlier in the week, Corbin just doesn't have the horses this year.
If Taylor goes down or gets in foul trouble, Corbin will struggle really bad.
Clay is really, really, good. This maybe the best team this region has seen in many years.
Corbin needs to find another scorer.
Corbin is going to miss the Hopkins kid this year...
Clay is establishing dominance early this season. They are the class of the 13th.
OldJacket Wrote:Corbin is going to miss the Hopkins kid this year...

What happened to Hopkins?
I think they are too. Blake Smith is a wonderful leader and does what great leaders do....make everybody else look a little bit better.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:What happened to Hopkins?

He's out for the year with a knee injury.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin needs to find another scorer.

I agree, Taylor will be able to create open shots for other players, they just need to knock them down. I have heard that Sanders is a good shooter, although he is just a freshman, plus maybe one or two of the football players may be able to pick up some slack when they get their legs under them. They will be a tough out by the time the tourneys roll around, just ran into a buzz saw last night in Clay Co.
I look at the little things CC did last night. They showed good energy, played good defense and play really good TEAM ball. Last night was just a glimpse of what CC can do...They still have to get better and keep playing together...On To Ballard.:betterthanexpected:
It's those "little" things that will make or break you come tournament time!! Also, how is Ballard this year? I haven't read anything about them yet.
RCM Wrote:I think they are too. Blake Smith is a wonderful leader and does what great leaders do....make everybody else look a little bit better.

I loved watching him last year. He just elevates his team mates to another level! Great team player, IMO!
Granny Bear Wrote:It's those "little" things that will make or break you come tournament time!! Also, how is Ballard this year? I haven't read anything about them yet.

I think Ballard is down this year due to some transferring. But I expect Ballard to be a good test for Clay county. Go Tigers :Cheerlead
Randy_Watson Wrote:Clay is really, really, good. This maybe the best team this region has seen in many years.

Wow…..this from beating a Corbin team thats trying to build around Taylor and has noone over 6'2……...
The Wolfe off the board to Blake Smith for the power slam was as good of a dunk as you will see!
walterwhite Wrote:The Wolfe off the board to Blake Smith for the power slam was as good of a dunk as you will see!

I was equally impressed with Smith's dance moves after the Dunk...The TEAM looked like they enjoyed playing with each other last night, which could spell trouble for a lot of teams this year.
walterwhite Wrote:The Wolfe off the board to Blake Smith for the power slam was as good of a dunk as you will see!

We need video.
I will try to get it. Maybe someone more tech savvy could help?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We need video.

Sorry guys, I'm on a typewriter.
The video is on Blake Smiths instagram if you can access it
DunkOnMe Wrote:The video is on Blake Smiths instagram if you can access it

Thanks. I have a rough enough time just posting in general.