Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 43 Lexington Catholic 0 (Class 3A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
campbellfield Wrote:lol

Sometimes you just have to laugh at the truth. Even if it does hurt. What's funny is when you do tell someone the truth and they don't believe it.
Crossbones Wrote:I agree on the Lawrence County part to a tee. Everyone always says Belfry is in a cakewalk and a weak district, but Lawrence County would beat Lexington Catholic, Boyle and Corbin IMO. They where not slouches and could put up points.

Wont go that far... Lawrence was better than most realized.

Their defense was bad... their Offense was quite good.

If I had to re-rank

1. Belfry
2. LexCath (Belfry was just an awful matchup)
3. Central
4. Boyle County
5. Corbin
6. Lawrence Co
7. Etown
8. Caldwell Co
9. Bell Co
10. Russell
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Wont go that far... Lawrence was better than most realized.

Their defense was bad... their Offense was quite good.

If I had to re-rank

1. Belfry
2. LexCath (Belfry was just an awful matchup)
3. Central
4. Boyle County
5. Corbin
6. Lawrence Co
7. Etown
8. Caldwell Co
9. Bell Co
10. Russell
You took some of the fun out of it. Still say they match up well against all 3 though, but I was pulling at the ponytail a little.:biggrin:
Congrats to the Pirates. Didn't think LC would like the physical play a bit...
Love it, its a great time to be a Pirate in Tomcat country!!!
Congrats to Belfry! What a way to cap off a dominating season! With what they have returning it will be very hard to stop them from getting #4 next season.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Love it, its a great time to be a Pirate in Tomcat country!!!

Tell Ashland to forfeit their congratulations to PCN.

Wait a minute...I think they already did.
People can trash talk the kids from Belfry all the want. But we all know the truth here. If my kid and I lived in Mingo Co. I would bring him to belfry to play also. We only get 2 or 3 from Mingo. I've said this all year it takes 11 kids on either side of the ball that are good to win championships. Every team Belfry plays always has there 1 or 2 super stars. But as u can see that doesn't cut it.
Congrats to Belfry on winning the 2015 State Title!
I feel like Belfry could have won every class except 6A... I may be wrong..
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:Congrats to Belfry on winning the 2015 State Title!

Thanks and Congrats to you guys as well!
IN all Seriousness how many Kids really came from WV? #3,#23,#44,#6. I am not saying it is Illegal but how many kids really grew up in Belfry,KY?
Congrats to Belfry from the Valley...

You guys set the standard. :Clap:
Whew, wow! What a game! Just total domination by Belfry. Coming into this game I was worried about the athleticism of Catholic. I knew they had a mobile QB and that was what I was afraid of. I was worried that the secondary would be picked apart until we made adjustments, but none of that happened. 7 days of practice could not prepare them for what Belfry threw at them. Belfry clearly kicked it into high gear after Cabell Midland and became a well oiled machine.
I am so proud of these guys, our coaches, school and community. A BIG Thank you to all of the mountain folks that was pulling for us. Pike County is the "County of Champions"!
Belfry becomes only the 9th Ky. High School to win 3 straight State Championships.
More Cowbell Wrote:Congrats to Belfry from the Valley...

You guys set the standard. :Clap:

Thanks!
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:IN all Seriousness how many Kids really came from WV? #3,#23,#44,#6. I am not saying it is Illegal but how many kids really grew up in Belfry,KY?

There's nothing ILLEGAL about it. The kids from WV has to pay tuition to the State of Kentucky for attending Belfry. The education system is better in Ky. and also if your son\daughter was in athletics wouldn't you want them to go to a place where they will have a better chance to succeed?
I'm actually quite tired of all of the WV talk.
It infuriates me that the haters try to discount the efforts of these kids and to try to tarnish the reputation of a program that is built on respect, Christianity and morals into a cheap, tawdry and dirty program ran like The University of Louisville. Please take your trash somewhere else.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:IN all Seriousness how many Kids really came from WV? #3,#23,#44,#6. I am not saying it is Illegal but how many kids really grew up in Belfry,KY?

#3 is from Belfry... his brother was the starting FB in 2010 and 2011

#6 Corbett is the only one who transferred in HS

#23 Horton came to Belfry in Middle School

#44 Bentley came to Belfry early on (someone can better fill in the gaps)...his older brother graduated from Belfry and his younger brother is coming through Middle School now.
Congrats Belfry o yet another championship win. A three peat at that!!
Nothing for Lex Cath to hang their heads about. They bounced back after losing to Johnson Central and Cooper earlier this season when they defeated a tough Boyle County team and fought and clawed their way to the state finals. Belfry is just a whole different animal this year and they clicked at the right time. Congratulations to both teams on a great season!
I would put Pike Central and Sheldon Clark ahead of half the jokers from the west. And Lawrence Co would've beaten anyone from the west like they was cupcakes.
#3 lives at Belfry. Only kids from WV #44, #23 and #6. #44 is one of mine boys. He couldn't wait to put the Belfry uniform on in 7th grade. His older brother went the middle school and high school at Belfry and started tight end. Our youngest even started out in grade school at Belfry. Could they be at a Mingo co school, yes. Will they ever be, not as long as I have a breath in me. PiratePride
Seriously, #3 and his entire line of brothers have played at Belfry and attended the entire time?! His uncles and aunts went to school at Pikeville-- he may live across the border now (?), but that's just geography when you are Pike County through and through!!
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Does the people in Williamson, WV get to keep that trophy for a while to? Dang WV team is dominating KY.

Weak!!! Why would a school/program turn kids away? Do they get some good players from across the river? Sure, but where would you want your sin playing if you lived in that area? Congrats to the Pirates!!
PHS95 Wrote:Seriously, #3 and his entire line of brothers have played at Belfry and attended the entire time?! His uncles and aunts went to school at Pikeville-- he may live across the border now (?), but that's just geography when you are Pike County through and through!!

X, Trey and Tuffy all graduated from Belfry as did their mother, Bridgett. I don't know which uncles/aunts might have went to school at Pikeville as Bridgett's brother and 2 sisters graduated from Belfry (one of them with me). Their Dad went to school at Williamson and as far as I know, graduated from there. I don't know of any of Johnny's brothers/sisters who might have went to Pikeville. (I could be wrong and if I am, I apologize ahead of time)
#3 X Willis has lived in Belfry as long as I can remember right beside my former place of employment.
Congratulations to you all Belfry Pirates from a Betsy Layne man!

What Coach Haywood has done there in Pond Creek is nothing short of incredible, the man has already cemented his name in legendary status. How you all in the community surround these young men and care so much about football is truly remarkable and it shows in how hard the players prepare and perform on and off the field.

Like someone said earlier, you all have set the standard for high school football!
Belfry forever-- sent you a PM
Mine went from Kindergarten to 8th Grade in North Carolina. Then Started 8th grade at Belfry Middle. My point is he is just as legal as the other boys in question. It's all legal. Many many many jealous people way before the ones complaining now have called Khsaa to try and see if Belfry was Cheating. So you can bet your Bottom dollar that if we was it would have been found. Coach Haywood is as Honest and by the book man as there is. He loves the Program and would do nothing to tarnish it. If a parent comes in that wants their child to play at Belfry if he doesn't know the rule for their situation he will call KHSAA. WITH THAT BEING SAID. 4 peat is coming in 363 days. GUARANTEED
Paparazzi Wrote:Congratulations Belfry on the great win! I predicted a blowout and you done just that!
It was an awesome win for the Pirates!

Someone can correct if I'm wrong, but I think that #3 and #44 have both been there 6th grade and before. # 23 I think came over in the 7th grade. I think this makes the second year for #6. I don't think it's all for ball when you have some children starting as early as grade school. I think that KY offers a better educational system than WV and I am from WV. If you look at the national educational rankings you will also see KY rated above WV.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5