Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 67 Knox Central 39
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
North may be my early pick to win region.
They play Harlan Ind. at home Thursday night in the Nissan Classic, so we'll get an early indication from that. South, Corbin and Harlan Co. all had nice opening wins too, so there may be some depth to the region.
I heard this morning that North will have a 2-3 players out possibly so I will give tomorrow night to Harlan but I think in the end it will still be between Harlan, North and Harlan county. If corbin can get to the region there guards on a big floor will be a benefit but I don't know if it will be enough.
Harlan has one starter out.
From what I saw in the summer, Corbin and Bell are very close in talent to Harlan County. Bell starts five seniors (unless something changed) and Corbin starts four (I think). Harlan County is still building with three sophomores and two freshmen starting in the game against Clay.
What starters are out for Harlan and North?
North has Madison Sheppard with a sprained ankle Tuesday night against Knox Central. I was told doubtful tonight but was a game time decision

Sexton is playing now but had been out 2-3 weeks with an illness.

Then they had a sub with a knee injury that's been out and I don't remember her name.

I don't know about Harlan...
Jags are a factor in 13th
JAGS WIN The 13th!!!!
South is the 5th best in the region.
At best
I will take 5th best at this point for south. That would be improvement.
After seeing that Knox beat Corbin pretty good last night and Harlan beating North without a player or two I'd say you'd have to be crazy not to say Harland and HC are the favorites
Wow, nice win for Knox... Harlan had King out I think? Shepherd and Bruner are playing hurt for North right now, tough kids... North and Harlan are very even IMO and Harlan County is a slight step down for 3rd in region...
North played without Madison Sheppard, one of their big three, while Harlan's big three of Brock, Bianchi and Massengil all played, so I'd say its awfully close. Plus North at full strength crushed the same Knox Central team on the road Tuesday that turned around and spanked Corbin on the road last night.
ky playmaker Wrote:I will take 5th best at this point for south. That would be improvement.

Considering south was picked 10th in region preseason and third in district, 5th is a quick step up...
I skipped the Corbin game thinking it would be a win for Corbin. I guess I was wrong. I wanted to see north and Harlan as well as a good chance to see south. I was impressed with south in the first half. I think they are much improved but need to get some wins to gain confidence after a couple of bad years wins are big.

North and Harlan was as good of a regular season girls game as what I have seen in awhile. Sheppard and Bruner are playing hurt but Sheppard did play which I was surprised by since I had been told the chances were slim to none that she would be able too. Bruner only played a few minutes the first half after picking up two quick fouls in the first two minutes. North looked nervous early. The second half looked like north was the better team right down to the end when Brock and massengill finished in the clutch and Bruner from north didn't. I loved the 8th graders that North has. North has more depth and Harlan has the go to players we will see which is more important in the long run. I beleive this will be the big game in region tournament this year.
Olred I need a favor. could you skip the south vs corbin games too. thanks
If Corbin loses like that much I may skip a lot of games. I look forward to the South at Whitley game coming up. That could be a key game for who gets out of this district this year.
I may be fooled but I think south is as good as Whitley. Thought we was gonna get them last year in district tourny. just came up short. Wouldnt shock me at all if south corbin or whitley won district this year.
Coming into the season I thought it was corbin, whitley, then south... now I think it could easily become south, whitley, then corbin. Playmaker, what's your opinion on the direction of south with the new coach?
Its been very tough on the girls. Trying to instill a toughness we have not had for awhile is new to them. Some days some just cry. Very demanding coaches. I personally like it. They are tough on them but nothing over the top that I have seen. Not worked but maybe 1hr on offense so far. you will earn what time you get on floor on defensive end.
Looks like everyone played but Harlan's Mackenzie King, a sophomore center.

HARLAN (46) – Jordan Brock 16, Brooklyn Massingill 9, Emma Bianchi 14, Katie King 3, Brandi Haywood 1, Taylor Simpson 3, Katelyn Burkhart 0.

NORTH LAUREL (43) – Madison Sheppard 4, Isabel Gray 5, Taylor Combs 7, Kayla Bruner 12, Hannah Lawson 12, Makayla Sexton 1, Teddy Jervis 2, Gracie Jervis 0, Ashton Bridges 0.
Yeah, I was given some bad info on Sheppard not playin by a notoriously unreliable source--my son. I guess I should be glad he actually knew who won the game.
Shep played
North going to be hard to get by this year. They have come a long way in a couple of years.