Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beach-Jennings-Baker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is something that a co-worker asked me. I thought it was a good question. Who is the better back and why. Your choices are:
1) Quenton Baker
2) Arliss Beach
3) Chris Jennings
I'm gonna go with Arliss. He killed us and then played D-1. Jennings a close 2nd. Never got to see him.
Diogenes Wrote:I'm gonna go with Arliss. He killed us and then played D-1. Jennings a close 2nd. Never got to see him.
Beech killed us because of very bad coaching. If he had not cramped up and spent so much time on the bench, he might have run for 600 yards instead of 300. It's hard to compare the three because Baker's yards came against a great, well coached defense. Beech's yards were essentially uncontested against linebackers starting in their positions for the first time.

That said, I would probably go with Beech or Jennings because of size and durability. Baker might have missed more playoff games than the other two played.
Baker is the better player imo and it's not even close. 2nd would be Jennings. Beech would be in late in games against lesser opps just padding his stats so I think he was somewhat overrated. He was good enough to play for UK, which isn't really saying much to some but none the less a sec school. I may be just living in the moment but Baker's speed and athleticism is second to none and much of his yards he got without the benefit of an ol.
Beech also played for the Packers! Great question. Didn't see all 3 play enough to answer. Jennings ran well at Arizona.
Arliss And Jennings are tied on my book. Remember Arliss played on teams with less talent than baker and probably equal to the talent Jennings played with. I remember having a player as good as Arliss and still not beating those Ironton Lawrence County and Sheldon Clark Teams
Beech. Baker can catch up if he plays well at next level.
Jennings. the nfl trumps anything arliss ever did. both great backs. baker has work to do