Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 54 Madison Central 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final from south
Pretty good win to start off the season with a new coach... I think South will take some lumps during the transition but not sure many teams will be jumping up and down to play them towards the end of the year with the way they get after you on the defensive end.
Junior Katie Reynolds had a monster game for south. 18pts 8-13 from field with 11 rebounds. Rebecca Phelps done a good job for her first start at point with 12pts 8th grader Ally Collett came in hit 2-2 from 3 for her 6 pts Taylor Cromer had off night shooting 1-8 but was perfect 4-4 from line had 8 rebounds and led team with 4 assists. Shelby davis like cromer had trouble getting it to fall(1-6) but they didnt let it affect her game Davis had 5 big rebounds and was 4-5 from charity stripe. Dianna Morgan came in and went 2-2 from field for 4 pts and 3 big boards.
One of my favorite young kids to watch is Ally Collett... she is going to be a stud for years to come.
I will be the first to admit I didn't think that Katie Reynolds could do that from the post. I was so used to seeing her at the 15 foot range and that seemed to be where she was comfortable. I think that improvement might be do to an assistant coach working with her some.
Katie could always do it when she wanted too. Ally is a sweatheart. love watching her play.
SL is much improved
Madison is down this year
Madison central has the same team they had last year that finished 14-14 in the 11th. graduated one Sr. that avg 5 pts a game everybody else back. including their top 3 scorers and players. They are an avg team in the 11th though. middle of the pack. good win for south.