Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 57 vs Betsy Layne 43
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any stats from this game; SV 57: BL 43 Was it any closer than this throughout the game?
BL was in this game until the last couple of minutes, Bobcats move the ball really well and pushed it up the floor.
Congrats SV..you didn't have your best game.....ball movement was poor as well as communication...but still you pulled through showing what a good team you are...good teams find ways to win no matter what....perkins had a good game...but seems fleming and roberts just haven't been having there "A" game....hopefully the girls will get back into the groove...they still find ways to put points on the board though...When's SV's next game?.....
Shelby Valley played poorly tonight..... Several turnovers and missed shots.....they should have beaten this team by alot more that they did...but a win is a win and the ladycats seem to always pull through.....none of the girls really had a good game....if one had to be chosen I would definately say Kayla Cantrall.congrats though girls
I thought Kayla Cantrell did very well tonight, but as a whole-- the team just wasn't together. They had several turn overs and just careless mistakes. It wasn't the same team I had seen play here lately. But they did still manage to pull out the win. I also thought that Esther Fleming's outside shooting was very good tonight...she lit it up in the second half.

Congratulations Lady Kats.

I am not for sure when the girls next game is. On the schedule it says that they play on Monday at home against Phelps--- but I had been told that it had been moved to a different night. If I find out anything, I'll post.
Tonight was the first time I got to see the girls play in a few weeks, and I must admit I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong. SV is awesome. Anyone can see the potential. But they didn't look like a team that could beat MC tonight. I was very surprised to see such selfish play. All I've heard all season is how this team had really come together and was playin some good team ball. But some of the girls missed wide open players. Alot of times, it looked like it was on purpose, like they were snubbing a couple of players. I don't know, cause I'm not on the floor. I don't want to talk abou these kids and call out names or anything. I don't think that's right. But I do know they read this forum and I would like to know what was going on tonight, or at least cause them to think. Selfish play will ruin winning ways, girls. Nobody is the star. Your team is great because you have stars - Esther, Sally, Kayla C., Laura, who play like they don't have to be stars. But Ididn't see that tonight. I love to watch you girls play. Get it together before it causes a loss. Good win, good luck next game.
Valley seemed to play sluggish,passing was poor and they did miss some open people.Thought Cantrell played a good game and Perkins done a good job of finding her and flemming for the open 3.Anyone know how many Assists perkins had for the night?

Seems like Roberts is not able to move without them calling a foul anymore and this will hinder a kid into not playing their all.These are a smart bunch of girls that find ways to win even if having an off night.Give BL credit they played to win.

Valley will regroup and they will remember what wins them games and that is team ball,to many weapons to only rely on one.

Congrats on the win!
all-or-nothing Wrote:Tonight was the first time I got to see the girls play in a few weeks, and I must admit I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong. SV is awesome. Anyone can see the potential. But they didn't look like a team that could beat MC tonight. I was very surprised to see such selfish play. All I've heard all season is how this team had really come together and was playin some good team ball. But some of the girls missed wide open players. Alot of times, it looked like it was on purpose, like they were snubbing a couple of players. I don't know, cause I'm not on the floor. I don't want to talk abou these kids and call out names or anything. I don't think that's right. But I do know they read this forum and I would like to know what was going on tonight, or at least cause them to think. Selfish play will ruin winning ways, girls. Nobody is the star. Your team is great because you have stars - Esther, Sally, Kayla C., Laura, who play like they don't have to be stars. But Ididn't see that tonight. I love to watch you girls play. Get it together before it causes a loss. Good win, good luck next game.

i agree with the 100% the girls missed several passes underneath to the smalleood twins and as well as cantrall on the outside....i didnt see a play ran the whole night on the offensive end....u guys play well together and last night was just the opposite....but u still won thats the good thing.always play together and remember that the is no"I" in TEAM!!!!
Worst game of the year for SV. Congrat on the win. I think that BL came in with a good game plan and it worked. This team has to continue to work and get better keeping their head on straight.
I don't think that anyone on SVs team is playing selfish. I think that it is very hard to get up for a team like BL. Some of the players were getting caught up in the hype and just trying to play and do a little to much in front of a home crowd.:thumpsup:
hootie Wrote:I don't think that anyone on SVs team is playing selfish. I think that it is very hard to get up for a team like BL. Some of the players were getting caught up in the hype and just trying to play and do a little to much in front of a home crowd.:thumpsup:
You're probably right hootie. I shouldn't have said "selfish" and I certainly don't want to get the Lady Kats down. But they just weren't themselves last night. And good point about Betsy Layne. They played much better than I expected.

What's up with the refs and Roberts? She can't move anymore without a ref blowin the whistle. Is it really her fault most of the time or is she getting a lot of bad calls? What do you think?
Most refs are not use to seeing a girl as quick as Sally. She plays 110% all the time. That is all she knows and when they continue to call picky fouls then it takes her desire to play hard away from her. She gets down on herself. Once she learns how to use her quickness on the offensive end, then she we be considered one of the best in the region.
I think it is up to a coach to keep a team together and ready to play ball, and right now SVs coaching staff is going to have to buckle down and make sure these girls are ready to play. I talked to one of the assistant coaches and he felt that it was his fault that they were not ready. As a coach it very easy to get confortable when winning ball games, but winning is not enough if you are coach. You have to have your team playing and improving to make sure they will peak at the end. Right now SV is not playing well enough to beat a team like MC or Belfry. They have to come together and play like a team to accomplish that. Together SV can beat anyone, but when they pull apart they struggle to get the job done.
Here is what I have been told by reliable source about SV, and take this as a compliment and not a dis. They arent the most talented team in the region, or are they the best. But they are good, and they do the little things right that will keep them in every ball game, and they play hard. Those are the kind of teams I love to watch. I think Belfry and SV ends the regular season at Belfry, that will be a fun game to watch with alot of speed and teams goign 110 percent.
Betsy Layne won Big!
The_Pistol Wrote:Betsy Layne won Big!

Huh?
The_Pistol Wrote:Betsy Layne won Big!

What game were you watching? haha

And Valley had a horrible game. They looked like they were someone else. Even the fans weren't as crazy as usual. I tihnk it was coming back from the long break, but I could just be making excuses haha. But regardless, Valley has to tighten the screws and play like they are capable if they hope to win region this year.