Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patrick Towles Leaving UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to WKYT Towels is transferring
He is. Wku and duke are possible places for him to land
See ya! And you can take Shannon Dawson with you
This just goes to show that he wasn't happy being benched
For those of you wanting Barker, you got him. Next year this time Stoops will be fired. Barker is no SEC QB and his off the field issues ain't gonna win over any fans. The devils lettuce does strange things to a kid. Smile Kudos to Towles for being classy on his exit.
BelfryPride Wrote:See ya! And you can take Shannon Dawson with you
Don't forget stoops and Eliot as well
Strikeout King Wrote:This just goes to show that he wasn't happy running for his life or getting blown up in the backfield behind a POOP o-line!

Fixed that for you!
Clearly a good move for him! Get as far away from
UK, Stoops and Dawson as you can! Good luck wherever you go.....
I think all you cold weather fans need to go somewhere and find a different team too root for. Your not true blue fans. You all don't realize that UK won't ever be a powerhouse like Alabama is.

I do feel like Dawson needs to go. Way too conservative with his play calling.
Strikeout King Wrote:This just goes to show that he wasn't happy being benched

I don't think anyone has ever argued that he was happy about being benched.
Strikeout King Wrote:I think all you cold weather fans need to go somewhere and find a different team too root for. Your not true blue fans. You all don't realize that UK won't ever be a powerhouse like Alabama is.

I do feel like Dawson needs to go. Way too conservative with his play calling.
And I think you homer fans should realize what we are asking for. Nobody is expecting to be like BAMA, hell I just don't want us too look like a frigging joke on the field, which is exactly what uk looks like under stoops. You wanna keep supporting stoops but he keeps supporting Dawson who you want to get rid of. Lol you homers are special
Towles wants to play and he wants to win. I don't blame him for leaving.

I hope the experience Barker got this year helps him next year. He's played in a handful of games, started in two and has amassed a single TD pass and 2 INTs. Neither of these QBs were anything to write home about this year.
Demarcus ware Wrote:And I think you homer fans should realize what we are asking for. Nobody is expecting to be like BAMA, hell I just don't want us too look like a frigging joke on the field, which is exactly what uk looks like under stoops. You wanna keep supporting stoops but he keeps supporting Dawson who you want to get rid of. Lol you homers are special

Just for the record Dawson is a candidate for the ULL head position. Dawson does need to go but UK needs receivers who knows how to catch
Smartest move Towles could ever make. Get away from the circus and give yourself some kind of chance I guess
hop24 Wrote:For those of you wanting Barker, you got him. Next year this time Stoops will be fired. Barker is no SEC QB and his off the field issues ain't gonna win over any fans. The devils lettuce does strange things to a kid. Smile Kudos to Towles for being classy on his exit.

100% spot on.

This assured Stoops being fired unless that freshmen turns out to be the next Joe Montana, Barker sucks and will lead us to 3 or 4 wins.
^^^^Not according to the homers. UK will see 7 or 8 wins next year Confusednicker: you just wait till next year.
Barker is not the answer.... UK needs to get a Junior College grad that is two dimensional... I believe that is the best way for us to compete in the SEC.....Alson need a couple of 5 stars and a few 4 stars and then we can blend in the 3 stars.....
Strikeout King Wrote:Just for the record Dawson is a candidate for the ULL head position. Dawson does need to go but UK needs receivers who knows how to catch

Dorian Baker, Jeff Badet and Juice Johnson are actually high-quality receivers.

There have been a few drops, but someone has to get these guys the ball so they can make plays.

If anyone has ever tried to catch a football they know that if you're running one way and have to reach behind you to catch it you're in a bad spot. You see a lot of that watching UK football.

I'm not a fair weather fan. I'm an armchair analyst that wants Kentucky football to succeed. Next year is going to be tougher to win games - if they don't get better they're in trouble.
Strikeout King Wrote:He is. Wku and duke are possible places for him to land

I think Bluegrass Cosmetology Institute would be a better fit. :biggrin:
I wish Patrick the best, he played hard and gave it his best shot...Maybe he can land in a better situation and have some success...
This was a very quick decision, had to be issues between coach and player for awhile. PT bleeds blue so no way he made this decision over night! Felt like he got more blame then he deserved. Yes he threw behind sometimes but these WR's can not catch passes right to them let alone help a QB out once in awhile with a difficult catch! Best of luck Pat!
There isn't one bright spot on this team. Boom can't stay healthy.....receivers can't catch......line can't block or get a pass rush.......we wasted a year of playing time on Conrad and King.........should have red shirted them........I don't know if things are looking up or not for this program and I am a realistic Kentucky fan....I realize we are never going to be a power house and no power house coach will come to Kentucky unless they are mentally ill.
I personally had just as soon see him go. His interceptions cost UK more than one game. It seems that he was happy as a starter but just couldn't accept being a backup quarterback. But good luck to him wherever he decides to go.
Strikeout King Wrote:Just for the record Dawson is a candidate for the ULL head position. Dawson does need to go but UK needs receivers who knows how to catch

maybe u meant ULM,ULL is not open
Willie Turnover Wrote:I think Bluegrass Cosmetology Institute would be a better fit. :biggrin:

Wku wouldn't take him,got to be able to pass with out INTS
they all suck. i have been a fan for 40 yrd and im sick of the lies. they paid stoops 3 million a yearvto get us to any bowl. Towles really sucks. locksbon to one receiver and throws. we got sec talent and pop warner coaches. first time towles gets benched he wants to quit. that explained it all. EKU should have beat us and then us fans would not have had false hopes like last year. joker set us back and now we are taking baby steps. receivers drop balls like hot potatoes which hurt both qb's. ky sucks
catwoman Wrote:they all suck. i have been a fan for 40 yrd and im sick of the lies. they paid stoops 3 million a yearvto get us to any bowl. Towles really sucks. locksbon to one receiver and throws. we got sec talent and pop warner coaches. first time towles gets benched he wants to quit. that explained it all. EKU should have beat us and then us fans would not have had false hopes like last year. joker set us back and now we are taking baby steps.re ceivers drop balls like hot potatoes which hurt both qb's. ky sucks

These two statements you made right here contradict one another.

In my opinion, we do not have very much SEC talent. Our receivers drop more passes than the catch it seems like in games. But it all falls back on Patrick, he has to take the blame for and awful O-line, defense that hardly ever gets stops, only one RB that is a threat in Boom Williams who has been injury prone this season, and then to top it off receivers that simply just are not reliable in catching the ball.
UK needs to worry more about their oline and the whole defence. KY also needs a dual threat qb not a pocket passer.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:100% spot on.

This assured Stoops being fired unless that freshmen turns out to be the next Joe Montana, Barker sucks and will lead us to 3 or 4 wins.

What does Max Smith's 138.7 QB rating at SDSU tell you? He had 13 TD's and only 2 INT's and 2 rushing TD's. He lead SDSU to a 9-3 record 8-0 in the MWC. A win in the MWC title game will give SDSU at 10 win season. Max Smith was a good QB prospect that should have been redshirted and brought along slowly instead of being threw to the SEC wolves as true freshmen.