Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg looks to get back in the title chase with the new coaching staff. Hager has 2 seniors to help him lead the team. Looks like it will be a good year for Blackcat baseball.
Have they been doing anything this fall? Are the players taking to the changes well?
I'm not sure if they have been doing anything this fall. Although there is talk going around that they have a pitcher throwing upper 80s. If this is true they will compete in the 15th region.
Catsfan11 Wrote:Prestonsburg looks to get back in the title chase with the new coaching staff. Hager has 2 seniors to help him lead the team. Looks like it will be a good year for Blackcat baseball.

Not sure why you say "back". They have won district the last 5 years and been very competitive in the All A and regional. Hager and Hall will win but if memory serves me right so did the last coach.
It's official!!! If you are going to play baseball at Prestonsburg you have to play football. Becoming more clear everyday. WOW
Blackcat2001 Wrote:It's official!!! If you are going to play baseball at Prestonsburg you have to play football. Becoming more clear everyday. WOW

Was there ever any doubt? Same thing with basketball. If you play football you will get plenty of playing time if not you won't play!
Does Prestonsburg have the enrollment to support athletes playing only one sport? I don't think so. None of the 15th region schools do.
Are you advocating the forcing of student athletes to play multiple sports in order to play the one sport they may love or excel at?
They need a new principal down there, the one they have provided no leadership, acedemics as well as the Athletics are as low as they have been in history. Yes history!! Even the die hard blackcat fans for decades are fed up with what is going on down there and the way the kids have been treated. It starts at the top. It's truly a shame.
Blackcats have won their first two games. Defeating East Ridge 17 - 0 in Five and Powell County 4 -3.