Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Small School Rankings - 1a-3a
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) Belfry
2) Lex Catholic
3) Central
4) Mayfield
5) Boyle Co
6) Desales
7) E'Town
8) CAL
9) Caldwell Co
10) OB Catholic
11) Beechwood
12) Danville
13) Pikeville
14) NCC
15) Corbin
KYHSFBFan Wrote:1) Belfry
2) Lex Catholic
3) Central
4) Mayfield
5) Boyle Co
6) Desales
7) E'Town
8) CAL
9) Caldwell Co
10) OB Catholic
11) Beechwood
12) Danville
13) Pikeville
14) NCC
15) Corbin

Flip NCC and Danville
I'm only going to pick 3 :popcorn:

1. Belfry and you can give belfry 4A and 5A
2. Mayfield
3. DeSales
Entering this weekend:

1. Belfry
2. LexCath
3. Central
4. Mayfield
5. Boyle County
6. DeSales
7. CAL
8. OCath
9. Etown
10. Caldwell County
11. Beechwood
12. Corbin
13. Pikeville
14. NewCath
15. Danville
Leonidas Wrote:Flip NCC and Danville

IMO, Danville would still be ranked higher. They had a much stronger year and led for 3 1/2 qtrs. on the road vs NCC.. Give NCC credit for pulling it out, but, getting outplayed for 3 qtrs. and putting their 2 resumes side by side, it's still hard for me to put NCC above the Ads..
Don't know what purpose combining 3 classes serves. Oh wait, I do, none! But I'll play along. No way to put Corbin ahead of Pikeville.

[SIZE=6][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4][SIZE=1]neutral field
[2015] Pikeville (KY) 28, [2015] Corbin (KY) 19
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
64SUR Wrote:I'm only going to pick 3 :popcorn:

1. Belfry and you can give belfry 4A and 5A
2. Mayfield
3. DeSales

You've completely lost your mind :happysmile:
pjdoug Wrote:You've completely lost your mind :happysmile:

The man finally got away from watching those Kleenex Cottonelle teams from SKY and finally saw the light.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know what purpose combining 3 classes serves. Oh wait, I do, none! But I'll play along. No way to put Corbin ahead of Pikeville.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

I'm not sure Corbin should even be on that list
Apparently, CALPREPS has Belfry beating Highlands, Pulaski, Central Hardin, Fern Creek, Shelby County, and South Warren beating Belfry by 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see belfry get a descent national ranking if they win convincingly in the finals.

They also have Belfry barely edging out Johnson Central 28-21. So who knows?
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know what purpose combining 3 classes serves. Oh wait, I do, none! But I'll play along. No way to put Corbin ahead of Pikeville.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

They also have....

neutral field
[2015] Danville (KY) 26, [2015] Corbin (KY) 13
baseball1974 Wrote:They also have....

neutral field
[2015] Danville (KY) 26, [2015] Corbin (KY) 13

Dam Corbin getting paper losses. Anybody wants to play Corbin give them a call. That's what I thought. :biglmao:
We will play Corbin 64.
Now as far as all this 3 class ranking thing, I will just be happy if we are #1 in 2a. I don't like these kind of debates because we slight teams with our thoughts. For instance when we were in 1a all the DeSales people were telling us how we couldn't play within 2 touchdowns of them. I didn't like hearing that garbage then and don't now. I wouldn't even want to say that if we win 2a that we could beat Pikeville or Beechwood because they will be champions and that is a disrespect to them. Just my 2 cents worth.
64SUR Wrote:Dam Corbin getting paper losses. Anybody wants to play Corbin give them a call. That's what I thought. :biglmao:

Corbin was very overrated this season. Next year, I think they will be very significant, but too much hype for this year's Corbin team. They highly overachieved this year in the playoffs.

I don't think I've ever seen a team this average have so much expectations. This is the same Corbin team that was shutout by 5+ touchdowns against a very average 5-loss Knox Central team.
I'm gonna have to disagree. While the hounds lacked that game breaking speed this year, they were young. They sure made up for a lot with the size, strength and heart. The thing I remember most about this team was the heart. They never gave up in our game. I do think they will be better next week. But, with that young team lots of people learned that you better not take them lightly.
baseball1974 Wrote:Corbin was very overrated this season. Next year, I think they will be very significant, but too much hype for this year's Corbin team. They highly overachieved this year in the playoffs.

I don't think I've ever seen a team this average have so much expectations. This is the same Corbin team that was shutout by 5+ touchdowns against a very average 5-loss Knox Central team.

How was Corbin overrated baseball2015. Bell County was pick to win the region? Playoffs was the easy part until Corbin met up with belfry. Confusederiously:
Geez, Corbin made the 3a semifinals and beat Bell Co twice, played Mayfield & Southwestern pretty tough and while they had some down games vs Knox and Danville, those are still 2 good teams that beat them.. I had them at #15, not sure who I'd have ahead of them that has any better a resume..
I understand ya'lls concern with the rankings all blended together, but, imo, 6 classes are very watered down and I could see a lot of good match ups with teams in these 3 classes as well as in 4a-6a.. Just throwing something a little different out their since the conversations are bound to come up with how'd you rank the 12 title teams or could the 1a champ beat the 2a or 3a champ.. Inevitably, it happens every year and I can see the reason some stray away from it, but, imo, it's just more HS FB to talk about which is always a good thing and I don't see anything wrong with discussing the possible matchups..
baseball1974 Wrote:Corbin was very overrated this season. Next year, I think they will be very significant, but too much hype for this year's Corbin team. They highly overachieved this year in the playoffs.

mysonis55 Wrote:I'm gonna have to disagree. While the hounds lacked that game breaking speed this year, they were young. They sure made up for a lot with the size, strength and heart. The thing I remember most about this team was the heart. They never gave up in our game. I do think they will be better next week. But, with that young team lots of people learned that you better not take them lightly.

That's why I said they would be very significant next year. As far as this years team, they were overrated and they overachieved. It happens a lot when you have young talent, the consistency is very unstable. When this bunch gets another year or two they will be fun to watch.
Corbin shouldn't be ranked ahead of Danville.
I would agree that you can't really put Corbin ahead of Danville after the results of their game but, Corbin had some issues that game. I would say they are really close.
1. Belfry
2. LexCath
3. Central
4. Mayfield
5. Beechwood
6. Boyle County
7. New Cath
8. CAL
9. Danville
10. DeSales
11. Et own
12. Corbin
13. Pikeville
14. O Cath
15. Caldwell County
I'm not sure where I would have Mayfield on my list. They seem to play up to any challenge. Would love to see a Mayfield/Belfry game. I sure as heck wouldn't have Corbin ahead of any of the other teams though. No disrespect to Corbin. And Beechwood seems way to high as well
Fundamentals Wrote:I'm not sure where I would have Mayfield on my list. They seem to play up to any challenge. Would love to see a Mayfield/Belfry game. I sure as heck wouldn't have Corbin ahead of any of the other teams though. No disrespect to Corbin. And Beechwood seems way to high as well

Mayfield :1::wenumber1